messige for taleworlds disapointing my hopes for 1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Just to remind you guys, 1.6 also has Duel mode for MP and it's not a small thing.
But them guys keep hitten me when I'm not ready! I tell them no no stop wait for my internet to get here it takes longer but they just make fun of me and keep crouching on my dead body over and over! They take my horse and ride it around and wont give it back! My Fee fees! They'll never recover!

You release a game called Warband at 2010. A low fantasy sandbox game. Millions of people bought it and played it for ten years. At 2012, you announced a game called Bannerlord, a low fantasy sandbox game which takes place 200 years earlier than Warband. So not comparing them? Is that some kind of joke. Of course I will compare them. Bannerlord is inferior to Warband in so many ways. I should not be surprised though since Bannerlord 200 years earlier of Warband, right?

You do you fella.

You've missed the point of my post, but carry on.

I probably have an advantage (or maybe disadvantage) as I've never played Warband, so I get to come to Bannerlord with fresh eyes and no preconceptions, expectations or assumptions and thus can't be disappointed by what it could be, but apparently isn't.

Maybe I should go give Warband a try?

I probably have an advantage (or maybe disadvantage) as I've never played Warband, so I get to come to Bannerlord with fresh eyes and no preconceptions, expectations or assumptions and thus can't be disappointed by what it could be, but apparently isn't.

Advantage or maybe disadvantage, these two words are really proper for this situation. If I was a guy who did not play Warband, I would be like, Bannerlord what a game, the diplomacy is missing but still doing big battles is fcking awesome and it is fairly good looking. My reaction would be like this. I appreciate the improvements in this area, I really do and it is true I do enjoy it too. Hell, in Warband we could play battles with maximum 150 units if I remember correctly and Warband ai is just all out charge or hold their position if I remember correctly. Sieges in Bannerlord is messy but still I enjoy it more than Warband since Warband sieges consists of one ladder or one siege tower.

However, when we talk about being vassal and being king, unfortunately, Bannerlord is inferior than Warband(I am sad when I say this)

In the year of 2010, Warband had illusion to make you believe that you are a vassal or a king. Feasts, the claimant questline, plotting with some lord to start a war by raiding villiages, rebelling to your ruler if the ruler does not grant the fief you capture, lords commenting your kingdom with respect to your current Right to Rule points (I mean even gaining Right to Rule was so immersive when other faction makes peace with you which is obviously legitimize your kingdom) so on and so forth.

I am talking about this kind of stuff. All of this immersive stuff is gone, they do not exist in Bannerlord. This situation is some kind of a bad joke for long term M&B franchise fan because we expected this immersive stuff would be improved but it is just gone.

Giving Warband a try? Well, if you don't mind graphics, I would suggest it. There is BattleSize changer mod where you can increase battle size up to 1000 but I would recommend 500 units because after 500, the game could crash more frequently.

Just to remind you guys, 1.6 also has Duel mode for MP and it's not a small thing.

I appreciate your work on UI, sir. I really do. I would not call Bannerlord was a drift. I called it garbage because of my amount of disappointment. From my pov, unfortunately, this is the case. I was really optimistic at the beginning of EA even though I recognized somethings missing from Warband but after 14 months nearly nothing is done on this area I mentioned above and community giving feedback about it for 14 months.

Are there any features you really hope to see in Banner before it leaves Early Access?

I'm a big fan of Crusaders Kings II. Actually, one of our team members, zijistark, is lead of the Historical Immersion Project (HIP) - the greatest overhaul of the game in my opinion!

This leads us back to your question: the relation system of the game is a fairly basic one and it might stay this way when the game releases, as the devs mimic the core aspects of Warband. But what I would want is to see a character relation system similar to CKII with HIP. A complex opinion system where actions matter and would not be forgotten by characters for decades, where NPC's can backstab you because they didn't get a fief they wanted or be the most loyal vassals, always ready to help you. Any work to make the AI more dynamic in the sandbox, with actions hopefully motivated by understandable reasoning, is welcome work. Also, the opinion system should be bidirectional - what Lord Aldric thinks of you is not necessarily what you think of Lord Aldric.

A great warlord should not only be good with an axe, but have a sharp tongue and a keen mind!

There was interview done by Nexus with Aragas (aka Aragasas) and his answer was this to the question. Well, I was expecting some inferior version of a system he is talking about but what we got is nearly identical to Warband if it is not more bad.

You do you fella.

You've missed the point of my post, but carry on.

I don't think you can play warband vanilla after playing Bannerlord honestly. It's pretty outdated and eh... Many people compare vanilla Bannerlord to all their beloved warband mods (not vanilla), so it's not a fair comparison to begin with. Imo the best Warband had to offer was the Prophesy of Pendor mod which you could try if you want, and maybe viking conquest DLC is a good one as well, but still, right now with 1.6.0 I see them outshined by Bannerlord vanilla so I could never go back personally. Game is starting to take life with this patch, skill progression seems way better, performance is amazingly smooth, perks finally start getting interesting and good (new stewardship perks are really nice, giving equipment to your troops for experience is such a genius idea imo, it basically feels like you upgrade your troops yourself), and after a few more additions and the fixing of sieges the game will just be incomparable to warband, period. It's very very good but a lot of people have nostalgia glasses when it comes to warband... a lot of features and depth were there exclusively because of mods, so not counting that to the reason warband was good and also flaming Bannerlord for the lack of it is just silly to me. 150 troops max on the battlefield in warband vanilla and they say Bannerlord has suffered no improvements since then... of course it did.

Edit:
I also just found a post from the PoP developer for warband. Take a look at this: "For those of you who are players and have never been part of an entertainment development process I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that this is not simple. This is many thousands of hours of coordinated skilled labor. The original POP in mount&Blade was two thousand hours to reach the 1.0 version. Then another four to six thousand hours in maybe 10 development cycles to reach where it is today and that only by the efforts of a top tier coder who donated his time to the conversion and to the extension into Warband and the superhuman collective effort of highly skilled folks who took a passion to this work and donated their effort and time to make this project come alive.";

Also, for Bannerlord PoP: "Once we can code it, then we are looking at many months of work; 18 to 36 months at a wild guess before "The first" playable version is available depending on everything above."

Here is the source: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ned-for-bannerlord.407392/page-2#post-9633952 (for anyone interested in prophesy of pendor).

So all those "beloved warband mods" had plenty of time and work put into them and that's why Warband was such a good game. For Bannerlord, TW built an engine from scratch and a game from scratch so of course it took time more time (the infamous "it took 8 years" complaint). All in all, Bannerlord is a worthy successor imo and I'm really happy with the game atm, looking forward to the next updates.

Last edited:
i want single player changes for example revelation overall in that point revelations doesn't matter I have 100 revelations thith king and I have 6 friends and they don't support my in kingdom decisions and also I think that should they support player thith influence or gold

Haha watch out, that youtube boy will rant on about you in a video?. He doesn't even play the game or know anything about it really, but he will milk your post for easy "content", you know who I mean:poop: . So much time rambling about other people's comments, but how much time does he even play the game?

Anyway, I don't know for sure but I'd guess they called it 1.6 instead of 1.5.11 because of people being confused about where to find 1.5.10 in the steam beta list, not because of the amount of content added.

It may be disappointing in general, but it still has some good stuff in it:
Less lag (for most players), this is a big improvement.
Siblings have betters stats, more like the main character?.
Clan members stay where you put them, good for making babies and stuff ??????
You can use unwanted weapons and armor to get troops exp, your brother can even have both perks so you try it right away!
Lots of other little tinkers and tid bits.
One thing that's good is it doesn't seem to have many bugs! I only reported 1 minor one so far!
you mean stan boy right :grin:

i want single player changes for example revelation overall in that point revelations doesn't matter I have 100 revelations thith king and I have 6 friends and they don't support my in kingdom decisions and also I think that should they support player thith influence or gold
You only wanting SP changes don't concern the numbering though.

you mean stan boy right :grin:
He shoulda been a good boy a shut up when I asked nice. Nobody would ever want to be read in his videos. If he had any self respect he would delete all his garbage videos and start fresh, only talking from experience and ask permission of anyone he wants to use. He's a complete fraud and only cares to make videos with minimum effort. He should learn not to crap where he eats.

Back
Top Bottom