messige for taleworlds disapointing my hopes for 1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

dear tw I had a deep love for you I tried being positive in this forum you slowly becoming like rockstar games I am thinking 1.6.0 was major this patch is not called 1.6.0 it called 1.5.11 love from your old veteran

Some patches are just like this. You will later be glad that this was implemented now rather than later. It is true that I would be pleased if they included more features, but I trust that they are actively working on them. This patch provided modders with hope, most of all.

We know for sure that keep battles, terrain system, AI deaths in auto-calc battles etc. are in the works. And it does not matter for me when they come, because they are confirmed to be delivered. I'm more worried about the stuff that is not confirmed or is given a vague response, such as better marriage effects, more trait-based dialogue templates, diplomacy etc. For these features I'm concerned because they are not even confirmed.

If there is something we have learned from TW (even from M&B and Warband times - remember when we could not form a Kingdom, when we were just Swadia Rebels?) it is patience. I'm hopefulTM (thank you Terco_Viejo) that Armagans love for this game will in time deliver us Bannerlord in it's best state.

I don't want to be picky but we are still in the development phase described HERE
So theorically you know what to expect.
Switching from 1.5.X to 1.6.X never implied to get ton of new features either...

I have been more than sceptical and perhaps a bit cynic regarding TW these last couple of months, but the 1.6 patch involved a lot of improvements. No big features, but improvements on existing ones. Now, I am not immediatly praising halleluujah, theres still a way to go. But I am more then content with the latest update.

What didnt you like about it Machiavelli123?

I have been more than sceptical and perhaps a bit cynic regarding TW these last couple of months, but the 1.6 patch involved a lot of improvements. No big features, but improvements on existing ones. Now, I am not immediatly praising halleluujah, theres still a way to go. But I am more then content with the latest update.

We're about halfway through this phase as of 1.5.10, according to a post from Duh that I can't find at the moment. Let's say 1.6.0 gets us to 2/3, as it's a fairly beefy patch in terms of small improvements. The problem is, they've said the game is coming out of EA this year (Q4 to be specific), which leaves about 6 months or so at most. That's not a lot of time for the last 1/3 + the large improvements and features a lot of us are looking for. Maybe they keep working on it after EA, but then what's the point of taking it out of EA towards the end of the year? We don't know anything about their plans post-EA. They said "development will continue for as long as necessary as we take the time to ensure that the game is fun and enjoyable" but that's non-specific corporate speak designed to mean whatever you want it to.

Yes it made some improvements, but not *major* improvements, and they appear to be quickly running out of track with which to make major improvements. This is yet another instance where TW's inexplicably vague style of communication w/r/t the future of Bannerlord needlessly creates confusion and angst within the community.

I don't mean to diminish the importance of the small improvements. But they are just that, small improvements. This is the sort of update I'd be very happy with after all the major complaints are addressed and other missing major features are added. As it stands though, it often feels like they're re-painting the fence while the kitchen is still half-built, to overuse an analogy.

We're about halfway through this phase as of 1.5.10, according to a post from Duh that I can't find at the moment. Let's say 1.6.0 gets us to 2/3, as it's a fairly beefy patch in terms of small improvements. The problem is, they've said the game is coming out of EA this year (Q4 to be specific), which leaves about 6 months or so at most. That's not a lot of time for the last 1/3 + the large improvements and features a lot of us are looking for. Maybe they keep working on it after EA, but then what's the point of taking it out of EA towards the end of the year? We don't know anything about their plans post-EA. They said "development will continue for as long as necessary as we take the time to ensure that the game is fun and enjoyable" but that's non-specific corporate speak designed to mean whatever you want it to.

Yes it made some improvements, but not *major* improvements, and they appear to be quickly running out of track with which to make major improvements. This is yet another instance where TW's inexplicably vague style of communication w/r/t the future of Bannerlord needlessly creates confusion and angst within the community.

I don't mean to diminish the importance of the small improvements. But they are just that, small improvements. This is the sort of update I'd be very happy with after all the major complaints are addressed and other missing major features are added. As it stands though, it often feels like they're re-painting the fence while the kitchen is still half-built, to overuse an analogy.

I like that analogy. To build off from that analogy, it feels to me like they’ve put in the drawers, doors, sink, pipework and just sanded and measured out the right proportions for where the oven needs to slide in. Now that oven does need to slide in, kitchen wouldn’t be complete otherwise. But I feel that they first want to finish the sink and overhead cabinets before they slide that oven in. Otherwise it would be an unfinished mess on all fronts.

Aside from the fact that I think we disagree about which "house parts" are getting worked on, that whole "build everything and then slide the oven in" would work fine if they hadn't already invited us to live in the house :razz:

Aside from the fact that I think we disagree about which "house parts" are getting worked on, that whole "build everything and then slide the oven in" would work fine if they hadn't already invited us to live in the house :razz:
And also offered to cook a meal. I know, I agree. But we’re living in this mess now, WhyAmIHere. We better make the most of it. You dont snore, do you?

dear tw I had a deep love for you I tried being positive in this forum you slowly becoming like rockstar games I am thinking 1.6.0 was major this patch is not called 1.6.0 it called 1.5.11 love from your old veteran
Just accept this, full release version of the game will not be so much different from what we have now. All things happened from release date of EA to now indicates this.

I don't like mods and mp I want just normal game to be great I didn't buy this game for mods and I am miqaeli

Yes, it will be this garbage. There are improvements on some aspects of the game with respect to Warband but all the immersion of being a lord or being a king from Warband does not exist in the game.

Look at this thread if you did not see already. This is from February and there are still features which is not implemented into the game. Oddly enough, this list does not cover the missing features from Warband and devblogs which were published before EA. Their estimated release date Q4 of this year and there are also terrible signs from developer comments that all left to do is some tweaks and some features to be implemented. So at most, we will get one this kind of list before full release and I am pretty sure that, that list will not include what community wants.

But don't be discouraged to give feedback and complain. There are some instances that community feedback made into the game but core gameplay which are being king or lord, immersion level of these won't change because for 14 months, there is nothing done on this area of the game.

Just look at these two op of these threads. All in all, community expected improved version of Warband on every aspect of the game. TW hyped the game with devblogs and with their interviews and presentations at Gamescom and E3 ( I don't know if they were honest back then at this point ). Instead, what we have now is this after 8 years of development and I don't expect this will change in months.

That's the problem though isn't it...people expect or want Warband mk2, but this is Bannerlord......a different game.

That's the problem though isn't it...people expect or want Warband mk2, but this is Bannerlord......a different game.
:grin: it's trash in this state bro warband is great they cut so many futures like criminal activity and match more in bannerlord king feel like a dog in the kingdom fu this trash bro pls don't camfere warband and this trash

:grin: it's trash in this state bro warband is great they cut so many futures like criminal activity and match more in bannerlord king feel like a dog in the kingdom fu this trash bro pls don't camfere warband and this trash
Firstly...reading comprehension for the win!

You'll find I didn't compare the two at all.

Secondly, it appears that you dislike Bannerlord, so maybe you should go find a different game to spend your time on and step away from the forums too. It'll probably work wonders for your general disposition and be more rewarding.

Best of luck and all that jazz ?

Firstly...reading comprehension for the win!

Secondly, it appears that you dislike Bannerlord, so maybe you should go find a different game to spend your time on and step away from the forums too. It'll probably work wonders for your general disposition and be more rewarding.

Best of luck and all that jazz ?
give money back and i go forever

You release a game called Warband at 2010. A low fantasy sandbox game. Millions of people bought it and played it for ten years. At 2012, you announced a game called Bannerlord, a low fantasy sandbox game which takes place 200 years earlier than Warband. So not comparing them? Is that some kind of joke. Of course I will compare them. Bannerlord is inferior to Warband in so many ways. I should not be surprised though since Bannerlord 200 years earlier of Warband, right?

Haha watch out, that youtube boy will rant on about you in a video?. He doesn't even play the game or know anything about it really, but he will milk your post for easy "content", you know who I mean:poop: . So much time rambling about other people's comments, but how much time does he even play the game?

Anyway, I don't know for sure but I'd guess they called it 1.6 instead of 1.5.11 because of people being confused about where to find 1.5.10 in the steam beta list, not because of the amount of content added.

It may be disappointing in general, but it still has some good stuff in it:
Less lag (for most players), this is a big improvement.
Siblings have betters stats, more like the main character?.
Clan members stay where you put them, good for making babies and stuff ??????
You can use unwanted weapons and armor to get troops exp, your brother can even have both perks so you try it right away!
Lots of other little tinkers and tid bits.
One thing that's good is it doesn't seem to have many bugs! I only reported 1 minor one so far!

Back
Top Bottom