Resolved Melion Castle Siege Crash

Users who are viewing this thread

exxxed

Recruit
This is another consistent crash, after joining an army and trying to set up a siege camp in front of the Melion Castle it crashes every time.

Cheers!

EDIT: It may or may not have something to do with the fact that the faction that owned the castle was preparing a peace declaration with the attacking faction in the middle of the siege. Leaving the army and overlooking the siege while peace was brokered allowed me to circumvent the crash.

Last edited:
Hi, can you please give me more info using the template below?

Summary:
How to Reproduce:
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version:
Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Additionally, can you share your save files? You can upload it at upload.taleworlds.com. Please link this thread to the file in the description.

Hi sorry for the late reply, I'm afraid it was an auto-save that got overwritten as soon as the event finished :/.

Computer Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit latest public build

RTX 2080

Intel Core I7 9700k (stock speed not overclocked at all)

16gb DDR4 3666 (HyperX Vengeance if it matters, CPU-Z says it's at 4300Mhz, must be the bios profile for the ram since I did a bios reset recently and left it default)

Gigabyte z390 UD

Samsung Evo 970 plus 1Tb NVMe SSD

The following instructions are purely from memory but I'll try to get as many facts straight as I can.

I've joined the Southern Empire as a mercenary, managed to gather about 75 troops for my army while the Khuzait faction declared war. At the time I was in Danustica just came back from raiding the border towns belonging to the Aserai, with whom my faction was warring as well.

An AI Lord gathered an army to capture the city of Pychanon. I've managed to join said army with my troops while it was setting up a siege camp next to the city, the army was roughly 450 sized when I arrived with my army, which increased to 106 numbers (I believe I had 94-12w).

After taking the city the AI decided to travel to castle Jogurys for a siege.

On our way there we took the mountain path that led us past Melion castle, and for a fraction of a second I could spot a Khuzait army (roughly 775 in number) passing by the village of Melion farther up heading towards Myzea to the north.

That's when the AI Lord said ''There's a better place for a siege'' or something along those lines and he decided to stop at Melion castle.

Not long after another Party joined our army boosting us over 600 strong while we were laying the siege camp and some small Khuzait parties (70 odd and 50 odd) were overlooking from a safe distance.

That's where the auto-save began.

So it got as far as the castle building their defenses and I think the crash happened just as we were finishing our battering ram in the center of the camp.

And it happened exactly the same every time I reloaded and ran through with the siege.

To circumvent it, I've left the army and just stayed there next to the camp and overlooked the construction.

That's when the game continued normally, I could see the battering ram finished in the middle of the camp and bam!

The Khuzait made peace with the Southern Empire and the game continued normally without crashing.

Sorry for the long winded comment.

Regards, Ed.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as resolved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom