Map Making for Newbies

Users who are viewing this thread

Snoopes

Recruit
Hi all,

i just want to make a small map (scene) for myself. Nothing special. I watched some YouTube-Videos and read as much informations as i could find here. I generated the terrain code and put it in the scenes.txt but i didnt have a .sco file and i cant choose the scenename when i host the game (yes, i chossed scene editing). The scenename is not chooseable. So i copied one of the small random .sco files and renamed it like my scene i created in scenes.txt but that doesnt work too. I just need some help. Hope i'm right here, otherwise move my thread. Thanks a lot!

scenes.txt:
Code:
scn_mp_mytestscene  mp_mytestscene 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x000000033007....(and so on)...
 outer_terrain_plain

I also have a "scn_mp_mytestscene.sco" under "MountBlade Warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\SceneObj" but didnt know, if it was right to just copy an existing other scene and just rename it.

Be sure to include the map itself or you may be a poor example for newbies. The SCO code and map file itself is needed. I used 2shared.com to upload maps, put it there an your done.
And add some screens and description.

The main question i have is: Was it right, to rename an existing sco-File of another scene for my own scene? (Sorry for my bad english)

If not, how could i create my own sco-File? I just have the terrain code but cant make a scene with that.  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom