Major fps drops in siege

Users who are viewing this thread

I believe it has something to do with AI calculations because as soon as the last enemy was killed and the AI stopped fighting the game ran smooth again.

Just needs more development and optimization. It’ll come with time.

I believe it has something to do with AI calculations because as soon as the last enemy was killed and the AI stopped fighting the game ran smooth again.

Just needs more development and optimization. It’ll come with time.
Of course, it is an EA after all. But still, in my humble opinion it is a kind of error that should be fixed ASAP, since it's a bit gamebreaking. I hope the developer team will notice this thread. Is there a way for us to draw their attention to it?

I also get horrible framerate and studdering during sieges, only for the game to crash when or soon after the enemies reach the walls. Has happened to me three times while defending in a siege so far. When attacking, the AI seems very inclined to rush out to fight you, avoiding the actual siege battle. I feel the developers may have set it that way on purpose from knowing that sieges are still rather buggy.

I have been playing the game in borderless windowed mode, like mentioned by another poster, so not sure if that has something to do with it yet though.

I also get horrible framerate and studdering during sieges, only for the game to crash when or soon after the enemies reach the walls. Has happened to me three times while defending in a siege so far. When attacking, the AI seems very inclined to rush out to fight you, avoiding the actual siege battle. I feel the developers may have set it that way on purpose from knowing that sieges are still rather buggy.

I have been playing the game in borderless windowed mode, like mentioned by another poster, so not sure if that has something to do with it yet though.
I play in fullscreen mode and get the same 6 FPS during sieges

I'm glad its not just me. I recently got a new PC and I really hope its not the video card, can someone confirm that indeed my video card is ok to handle 500 battle size during siege?

Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB ram
SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
i have a 1050 ti 2GB and after a while the fps stabilises, so i'm pretty sure your graphics is not the problem. I even run normal battlefields on the field smoothly.

wow oh jee rick no one would have considered that

Regardless of your justification of the issue, it is STILL an issue that affects a major part of the gameplay. The devs need to be made aware, which is what this post is doing.

(i do apologize if you weren't being hostile with your reply, to me it looks like hostile sarcasm and i responded accordingly)

Glad you took the time to write that last sentence. I was baffled for a second why people would reply so aggressively to a simple observation I had made. I didn't mean it as sarcasm, though I can see how it may have seemed like that. I simply made an attempt to narrow down the cause of the issue while we wait for a fix.

I have a potato PC myself and sometimes get sub 10 FPS during sieges, so by no means do I think this is a trivial issue.

Interesting...I only get the siege performance issue when there is a battering ram and it knocks down the gate...otherwise it's pretty buttery smooth for me with everything maxed at 1080p it hovers around 100. If I have a ram and it knocks down the gate, it shuffles down to about 10-15 (this is on an RTX 2080 with a ryzen 7 3900X 16 GB 3600Mhz DDR4)

got this issues as well, i noticed next:

its smooth till we reach the walls, as soon as first ladder is up it starts stuttering with low fps, even if there are 2 or more ladders up is only storming first one.

But if we have ram, and we get outer and inner gate down, boom stuttering is gone, game goes back to normal.

And then we beat the defenders around until the lord gives charge command near the very end of the siege, then it starts stuttering again. As soon as victory is proclaimed game goes smooth again.

I set max units to 250 and never got under 30 FPS.
system:
ry 3800x
16 gb 4133 mhz ram
Rtx 2080 super

It did not make a difference if I turn Grafik settings down only man count could handle it..

Interesting...I only get the siege performance issue when there is a battering ram and it knocks down the gate...otherwise it's pretty buttery smooth for me with everything maxed at 1080p it hovers around 100. If I have a ram and it knocks down the gate, it shuffles down to about 10-15 (this is on an RTX 2080 with a ryzen 7 3900X 16 GB 3600Mhz DDR4)

if u use a siege tower did. that work?

if u use a siege tower did. that work?

It only happens with a battering ram. There is something about when the gates get destroyed that causes the fps to absolutely tank, at least for me

Siege towers, ladders, the whole lot. I can have my entire force doing jumping jacks on the walls with the defenders and not a single dip, but one tap with a ram? nah, my game melts

Glad you took the time to write that last sentence. I was baffled for a second why people would reply so aggressively to a simple observation I had made. I didn't mean it as sarcasm, though I can see how it may have seemed like that. I simply made an attempt to narrow down the cause of the issue while we wait for a fix.

I have a potato PC myself and sometimes get sub 10 FPS during sieges, so by no means do I think this is a trivial issue.

Ah okay! We all good then. I am happy that I wrote that last bit as well. Potato PC gang unite!

It only happens with a battering ram. There is something about when the gates get destroyed that causes the fps to absolutely tank, at least for me

Siege towers, ladders, the whole lot. I can have my entire force doing jumping jacks on the walls with the defenders and not a single dip, but one tap with a ram? nah, my game melts

Same for me, but also the inner gate the infantry destroys. Once the both of the gates are gone it goes right back to normal.

All looks fine till you reach the walls and everybody climbs ladders or rush through gates and inflicts with enemy, getting like 10 fps, really stuttering.

However multiplayer siege is fine, i get 60 fps.

Any one else got this problem?

gtx 1050 ti 2GB
amd ryzen 5, 1600
2x8 gb ram ddr
Same.

Back
Top Bottom