Major fps drops in siege

Users who are viewing this thread

All looks fine till you reach the walls and everybody climbs ladders or rush through gates and inflicts with enemy, getting like 10 fps, really stuttering.

However multiplayer siege is fine, i get 60 fps.

Any one else got this problem?

gtx 1050 ti 2GB
amd ryzen 5, 1600
2x8 gb ram ddr

Last edited:
Yeah, same for me. FPS goes to 5 and stays there for a bit then goes back to normal then drops to 30 randomly from time to time.
500 battle size
gtx 1080
i7-7700
16gb ram

yea for me too, but still chunky sometimes
It still can go to 6-8 FPS during the battle. The important thing is that when a drop occurs, it will remain no matter what you are looking at. So, it is definitely not a PC problem, something's just not working right.

I wonder if it's because directing the movement of hundreds of AI characters along with physics calculations strains the CPU or the game engine. As opposed to the multiplayer where not only there are fewer soldiers, but they are also controlled manually.

I wonder if it's because directing the movement of hundreds of AI characters along with physics calculations strains the CPU or the game engine. As opposed to the multiplayer where not only there are fewer soldiers, but they are also controlled manually.
What CPU is needed for this game if there are people with good hardware having the exact same problem and the exact same FPS (about 6) as many others with a middle-class hardware? Nah, it is the game's problem and it needs to be solved since sieges is the most epic thing this game can offer.

wow oh jee rick no one would have considered that

Regardless of your justification of the issue, it is STILL an issue that affects a major part of the gameplay. The devs need to be made aware, which is what this post is doing.

(i do apologize if you weren't being hostile with your reply, to me it looks like hostile sarcasm and i responded accordingly)

I'm glad its not just me. I recently got a new PC and I really hope its not the video card, can someone confirm that indeed my video card is ok to handle 500 battle size during siege?

Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB ram
SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

I'm glad its not just me. I recently got a new PC and I really hope its not the video card, can someone confirm that indeed my video card is ok to handle 500 battle size during siege?

Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB ram
SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

I ain't no expert, but that def should be more than enough... once sieges are more flushed out.

Maybe related to memory leak? Especially if you experience those drops after your first siege. I have the similar issue with the game, everything is fine for 2-3 battles then I experience drops and stutters. Quitting the game after sometime fixes it for a time.

Maybe related to memory leak? Especially if you experience those drops after your first siege. I have the similar issue with the game, everything is fine for 2-3 battles then I experience drops and stutters. Quitting the game after sometime fixes it for a time.
I'm not really an expert, but if there is a memory leak, shouldn't that drop stay for the rest of a siege? It's it normal for FPS to go back to normal after a while during a memory leak? Besides, that drop happens at the very exact moment for everyone - the moment when troops reach the settlement walls.Just asking.

Can confirm. I have a relatively good gaming pc. RTX 2060, i7 8750, 16 gigs RAM. I can play 500 vs 500 in a field battle with max settings, but if I siege with even half that it goes to hell.

I'm not really an expert, but if there is a memory leak, shouldn't that drop stay for the rest of a siege? It's it normal for FPS to go back to normal after a while during a memory leak? Besides, that drop happens at the very exact moment for everyone - the moment when troops reach the settlement walls.Just asking.
Well I'm not really an expect on how do these things occur exactly. But everyone seems to be experiencing those kind of issues, especially the memory leak since many of the people I know that plays the game quits the game after 20-40 minutes and restarts it to fix that so I thought It could be related to that. I haven't tried sieges myself yet so Im not really sure. But It is clear that the problem is with the game and not with our systems. Lets hope the performance fixes are in Taleworlds' top priority list.

Ok so I just changed it from "Borderless Fullscreen" to "Fullscreen" and sieges are A LOT smoother for me. I only tested this on a custom siege though.

Back
Top Bottom