Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: amd 6950xt
GPU Driver Version: newest
CPU: amd 7840hs
RAM: 32gb ddr5
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): sn850

On 4k I can get ~90 fps on global map with all ultra but shader which is set to static. FPS jumps around a lot, even more so in battles, especially near infantries (cavs are fine). In settlements the fps drops to 17,8 . I ve tied very low settings and lower resolution but the improvements are minor. Try to play with the amd settings but no result as well.

The thing is, the gpu usage is never above 60% and cpu never above 30%.... Occasionally, the gpu usage gets to 50+% when I rotate the camera in battle. Can I somehow force the gpu to produce more frames and put in some work?
BTW, I m able to get my gpu usage to 99% in cyberpunk and get about 70 fps

the game has been previously modded, but to test graphics I removed all mods and started a new campaign.

Hey, could you check if this issue still happening on 1.2.1 beta version of the game as well?
Hi I just read the beta notes and opt into 1.2.1 however nothing changed. And I m not seeing a lot of posts for this so it might be an odd one /:

Some additional information for debugging: I frequently have sluggish-glitching audio in Bannerlord for this pc, and almost always when the graphics lags my audio lags too, especially when I m in towns. I have tried: 1. turning off every sound settings , setting master sound to 0, 2. tried all sound channels, 3. unplugged my external audio card and use system audio devices. But they all do nothing.

Another thing that might caused issue is that I removed the shader cache in the programdata folder as required by a mod. I saw other posts claiming that this would solve some graphical issues so I thought what s the harm. Dont know if its related. If so, how do I fix the shader cache? I can see the .sack big shader cache file but I cant unpack it.

I dont see much amd users in this forum. Best settings for highend amd cards?

Hey, could you check if this issue still happening on 1.2.1 beta version of the game as well?
update: I m able to fix the audio issue by setting the audio output in win11 sound setting from 32bits to 16bits. Probably the developers should take note of that!
However, this does not provide any fix to framerates, and the low cpu, gpu, ram usage issue still occurs.

I ve pretty much narrowed the issue to cpu/ram. I m using the laptop version AMD cpu 7840hs. It scored over 2600 in geekbench and similar to 12700k in userbench. In bannerlord benchmark however I see that my cpu fps is way lower than the GPU fps. I used hwmonitor and made sure that the cpu is used 32% max and ~15% average.
Is this cpu too new and the game doesnt support it yet?

Back
Top Bottom