Major fps drops in siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Having the same issue:
RTX 2060
Ryzen 5 3600
8GB RAM

Run fine everywhere else. As others have stated it seems to be something going on with the AI calculations because as soon as the last enemy dies FPS returns to normal.

I can play sieges fine with a 500 man battle size.
At 750, the fps starts to go slow
At 1000, it's pretty stuttery.

My system is probably better than 90% of those out there.

CPU: I9 9900
GPU: Nvidia 2080 Ti
32 GB of RAM

Same happened here. It started when people reached the ladders to scale the walls and then stopped when two things happened:

1. Everyone charged because the main gate was open

2. I got back on my horse

Both of those thigns happened at the same time and I haven't been able to recreate the issue again to test which thing "fixed" it.

The horse thing doesn't really make sense to be honest. I think it is a path-finding issue for people waiting to get up the ladder. (Also, when it was fixed one troop was 'stuck' on the ladder awkwardly climbing up and down 3-4 rungs. That was weird too).

Note: I play on very low graphic settings. Battle size 1000.

when i do siege in the sp i crash everytime (especially during defences)like mid siege for some reason but when i do it in custom battle or mp i dont crash and can run it with 1000 guys on the map with no problem just some bad fps but it doesnt crash atleast. Anyone got the same crash?

Of course, it is an EA after all. But still, in my humble opinion it is a kind of error that should be fixed ASAP, since it's a bit gamebreaking. I hope the developer team will notice this thread. Is there a way for us to draw their attention to it?
How low do your FPS drop to consider it's gamebreaking? Can't be that bad

Last edited by a moderator:
I also get horrible framerate and studdering during sieges, only for the game to crash when or soon after the enemies reach the walls. Has happened to me three times while defending in a siege so far. When attacking, the AI seems very inclined to rush out to fight you, avoiding the actual siege battle. I feel the developers may have set it that way on purpose from knowing that sieges are still rather buggy.

I have been playing the game in borderless windowed mode, like mentioned by another poster, so not sure if that has something to do with it yet though.
yeah i got the same problem

Got the same issue, always happens as soon as the AI go to use ladders. I've also noticed as soon as this happens that my CPU and GPU no-longer gets fully used (drops to 70% CPU usage, 30% GPU usage roughly). Hopefully this can be fixed soon as it rather ruins sieges for me. It's also worth noting that on some maps I haven't gotten this issue while on others I get it consistently. I get 60 fps or higher when playing field battle (1000 battle size) and same story in siege until ladders are up.

Last edited:
yep, something with NPCs storming the ladders is the problem, if we have ram and we break the gates the stuttering is gone cuz NPCs go through gate instead of banging one ladder.

aynen kardeşlerim bende de ciddi fps drop var sadece kuşatmalarda yaşıyorum İ5 ve rx 5700 xt ile oynuyorum düzeltirseniz çok hoş olacak zira oyunun büyük bir kısmı kuşatma ve büyük savaşlar olduğu içün hasretle bekliyoruz düzeltmenizi.

when i do siege in the sp i crash everytime (especially during defences)like mid siege for some reason but when i do it in custom battle or mp i dont crash and can run it with 1000 guys on the map with no problem just some bad fps but it doesnt crash atleast. Anyone got the same crash?

Kinda similar, though we will win the siege and then it will crash. So far every game. Doesn't seem like the last patch fixed that for me in that regard.

Anyone know if this is getting looked into? Been experiencing the same issues. Stable fps until units climb up the ladders. The fps problem is usually resolved once the gates are opened. The fps will vary between 5-15.

GTX 980
16 GB RAM
i7-4790

I only had it once, first epic battle it was snowing. The extra snow effects turned by PC into a potato, I tweeked the effects, and it got better.

I can play sieges fine with a 500 man battle size.
At 750, the fps starts to go slow
At 1000, it's pretty stuttery.

My system is probably better than 90% of those out there.

CPU: I9 9900
GPU: Nvidia 2080 Ti
32 GB of RAM

I can play sieges fine with a 5000 man battle size.
At 7500, the fps starts to go slow
At 10000, it's pretty stuttery.

My system is probably better than 900% of those out there.

CPU: IBM POWER9 22C 3.07GHz
GPU: NVIDIA Volta GV100
2,801,664 GB of RAM

See how far I can pee!

Same here. The best solution I found involves lowering the audio quality, but there is still an insane amount of fps drop.

Another guy on the steam community thingy said you can improve FPS by going
control panel>hardware and sound>sound>playback>speakers/headphones that you use>properties>enhancements> and then checking the "disable all sound effects" box.

Doesn't improve it significantly but sometimes it improves the general performance.
And then yeah that's about all I could find related to this.

Back
Top Bottom