Maintenance thread (bugs, glitches, errors, problems etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

ConstantA said:
Sidus Preclarum said:
I get a crash whenever I try & access a battlefield of a battle I haven't fought in.
I can't reproduce this bug. More info?

Well, dunno what more to say really: whenever I chance upon a battlefield location during my travels, i.e. not after a battle I've fought and won, if I click on it, the game freezes upon entering the location. Then crashes after 30 seconds or so.

Also, just had a lockup of the game (had to kill the process, and the bastard was tough :p ) upon accepting the "deliver items to the smith in X" quest. 
Mouse would move, but clicking would do nothing.

I've been getting a very consistent error. Not sure what its related to.

On loading the game I have two options:
A. Let the video play through, game loads well, but then when I get to main menu; clicking on the screen minimizes it and produces error (could not detect direct3d device)
B. Press escape to skip the video, game goes to Loading .ini file, BUT minimizes, and goes black screen; after several times of maximizing (it automatically minimizes to tray) it will finish loading and go to the main menu which is playable.

This ONLY happens with .620

On previous versions, .550 and .610
Game would sometimes produce error (could not detect direct3d device) when I first click on the main menu; but after reloading would work fine.

I do run dual screen monitors and this only happens in fullscreen mode. I did a fresh install prior to installing .610 or .620, AND it never happened with other mods, so its located in this mod only, drivers are up to date, NVIDIA 9800GTS. Windowed mode it runs.... sometimes. On occasion I have the error where I can move the mouse off screen. Any thoughts? or anyone else on the russian forum have this problem?

Reoccuring problem in .620.  After creating a new character and starting in Cherson, attempting to ask Constable Hayek "Do you have any jobs for me"? causes the computer to lock up hard (have to force restart).  Oddly, it worked with the first character I created, but the 2 subsequent characters both ran into this problem.

Tried to create a new character and go to Kiev for a "guildmaster" quest.  Was successfully able to ask and was offered a goods consignment delivery job, but then the page got stuck at "press left mouse button to continue" after accepting the job.  Was able to minimize and close the program this time. (Edit: exactly Doc has experienced below.)

When accepting the consignment delivery quest from a guildmaster I get stuck in the dialogue screen on the line about "I intend to pass by _ I will take the bla bla bla". The actual game doesn't hang, but I cannot advance the dialogue, quite frustrating.

AKD said:
Reoccuring problem in .620.  After creating a new character and starting in Cherson, attempting to ask Constable Hayek "Do you have any jobs for me"? causes the computer to lock up hard (have to force restart). 

Oh, yeah, I've had this one too.
AKD said:
Tried to create a new character and go to Kiev for a "guildmaster" quest.  Was successfully able to ask and was offered a goods consignment delivery job, but then the page got stuck at "press left mouse button to continue" after accepting the job.  Was able to minimize and close the program this time. (Edit: exactly Doc has experienced below.)

The-Doc said:
When accepting the consignment delivery quest from a guildmaster I get stuck in the dialogue screen on the line about "I intend to pass by _ I will take the bla bla bla". The actual game doesn't hang, but I cannot advance the dialogue, quite frustrating.

So that makes 3 of us. I've successfully done this quest once, however ( but it may have been in 0.610, I can't remember)

Try this. Unpack into mods folder
Mirror 1 http://depositfiles.com/files/dwny2i163
Mirror 2 http://rapidshare.com/files/366456968/rus13_620_patch_1.rar.html

I advise you to make a backup. Or prepare to reinstall  :grin:

Sidus Preclarum said:
ConstantA said:
Sidus Preclarum said:
I get a crash whenever I try & access a battlefield of a battle I haven't fought in.
I can't reproduce this bug. More info?

Well, dunno what more to say really: whenever I chance upon a battlefield location during my travels, i.e. not after a battle I've fought and won, if I click on it, the game freezes upon entering the location. Then crashes after 30 seconds or so.

Also, just had a lockup of the game (had to kill the process, and the bastard was tough :p ) upon accepting the "deliver items to the smith in X" quest. 
Mouse would move, but clicking would do nothing.

I am having the same problem  :???:

During install I had a corrupted source file, something called sany_top normal dds or something? (forgot to write the exact name down)

It's alos preventing me from actually starting the game, since it hangs on loading textures

edit: redownloading from a different location to see whether it's just the repository version that's corrupted

Apart from the random freezes which seem to be caused by a RGL error - something I have never ever encountered before - have to alt f4 out and restart) I just noticed doing the Nervous Man quest for Hermann von Balk in Ascherden has a pretty steep relation penalty with the village.
I was +7 before I killed the chap. Dropped to -3. I reloaded, and rode him down to knock him out rather than kill him. Since the usualy penalty should be -2 there´s something wrong here if nothing else but the gameplay balance.

And the deliver goods from smith loophole as well.

ConstantA said:
Try this. Unpack into mods folder
Mirror 1 http://depositfiles.com/files/dwny2i163
Mirror 2 http://rapidshare.com/files/366456968/rus13_620_patch_1.rar.html

Hmmm, installed, reloaded my save, got proposed the same quest by the burgermeister of Thorm, same thing (mouse can move, sounds play, character in the character windows fidgets, but left clicking, or anything else, won't work)

So I redownloaded it from another server and it worked.
You might want to check whether the version on the repository isn't corrupted (it could also have been my download of course)

It's not very serious bug, but I bought Topfhelm. It look cool, 'cause it's all white with some black details. And I wanted to improve it, so I earned money and talked with Armorer. But then, it was another Topfhelm. Name was the same (except that quality prefix), it has same model (I think) but it was painted in other style (it was all grey).
I think it could be only mistake in script. Please fix it, I really like this helm :wink:

New bug, party members with paintable shields, Shield changes art every time you see them. Therefore you can't equip your party members with a consistent shield art. Only yourself.

Cpt.Manco said:
So I redownloaded it from another server and it worked.
You might want to check whether the version on the repository isn't corrupted (it could also have been my download of course)

Where did u redownload it ? I have tryed just to click the link to download but its like downloading with 2kb/sec and on Depositfile its says that i cant download it bucouse all the download slots are busy.

I used the MBrepository first also and it didnt work either :sad:

Very nice mod, congratulations.

I'm getting pretty frequents CTDs before I enter a new scene ( walking in a town, a battle...) and also when I try to save the game. The CTDs will happen around a good 30% of the times. I get an error message entitled "visual C++ runtime library, runtime error", and says something like that it terminated in an unusual way.

Anyone here getting the same problem?

Thanks.

Love the mod.
I. Just like Caballero I'm getting pretty frequent CTDs.
I'm getting error called "RGL ERROR" with info: "unable to lock vertex buffer" when i'm about to leave location's like Tavern or Merchant

II. Doors to the Wroclaw goods merchant leeds to the Castle intead of the merchant

So I´m not the only one with that frequent RGL error.  :mrgreen:

Quests:
Is there a check to cancel a quest without penalty relationwise for the player if the lord is imprisoned?

Eg. I got the "bring me andalusian horsie wannahavemusthave quest". While I went off to Cherson purchasing one and coming back the Crusaders launched a 15 lords war party into Poland and the lord in question got himself captured and ever since rots in Wroclaw. The quest is soon about to expire and I´m really looking forward to what will happen. I hope nothing. Poland and Crusader are at war, so sneaking in was an option but what would a lord do with a 15k denarii war horse in a prison?

So a check wether or not a lord is on the map accessible for the PC before a quest expires was nice so that in such a case the player does not get punished for the stupid AI behaviour (read: getting themself captured).

The quest relevant bandit/looter/ parties should be flagged neutral. More often than not I fail the relevant quests because some patrol or scout party chases them over half the map and finally gets them in some foreign place.

Back
Top Bottom