Main Topic

What feature do you mostly want to add?

• Religions Improvements: pray, spendable Piety Points, branches, deeper immersion

Votes: 90 19.8%
  • Offices: town/guild/kingdom council, vote for tax level/more profit, war/peace

Votes: 235 51.6%
  • Revised Traits: more traits, buy/train traits, gain upon actions

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

mike56 said:
Great!! In the images where the conquistador is fighting against the natives... the sky looks like you were using some kind of new shader... is it true?  :eek:
Nah, it's yellow/white fog  :lol:. Should give jungle atmosphere experience.

Alp said:
bezment78 said:
Could the cave be a new Hagia Sophia type of quest
wat?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,246215.0.html (Warning: walkthrough)

Guides =>  Walkthrough of the Hagia Sophia Mission

raca said:
looks great, wish you would change native scene borders though. Would look much better  :smile:
I will think about it  :smile:.

Hagia Sophia interior took a week. House interiors; one/two days each. But guys you still need to see the St. Peter's Basilica. It's my biggest project and... what did I say? 300,000 polygons  :mrgreen:.

Quintillius said:
Hagia Sophia interior took a week. House interiors; one/two days each. But guys you still need to see the St. Peter's Basilica. It's my biggest project and... what did I say? 300,000 polygons  :mrgreen:.

That's alot of poly, my scenes never wnet that crazy high. Does that much cause any performance issues.

Quintillius said:
Does that much cause any performance issues.
Yes.  :mrgreen:

I also had performance issues with my scenes and they were under 100,000 poly. Yours will lagg alot unless it's not used for battle as just add 100 people and how much poly would each have includng equipment and armors.

Even with the highest settings + anti-aliasing set on 8, it does not lagg.
However when I try to edit the scene to place entry points, it will immediately crash.

Quintillius said:
Even with the highest settings + anti-aliasing set on 8, it does not lagg.
However when I try to edit the scene to place entry points, it will immediately crash.

Yea same happens to me, it crashes frequently so when I edit the scenes I have the graphics set down to the bottom so that doesn't happen but runs fine when playing the game itself. If your scenes at 300,000 poly doesn't lag then what ram and processing power does your computer have, it must be high if you can run without lag at the highest settings.

Request

Guys! I need your help. I am implementing a hierarchy system with noble titles now. The player can gain these titles:

- Baron
- Viscount
- Earl
- Marquess
- Duke
- Grand Duke
- Archduke

However a few planning problems appear. Do you have some ideas/suggestions/solutions?

- What noble titles should other factions give (Vaegirs, Khergits, Nords, Rhodoks, Sarranids)?
- Historically noble titles referred to land. A Marquess was an owner of a border province. How can this be implemented in Warband?
- When titles are bound to land, can it be upgraded? So the Duchy of Suno will become the Grand Duchy of Suno. How would this be visible to the player?
- What about a line of castles? 4 different castles per culture, ranging from worst to best. This gives option to player to upgrade their castle. It is bad when you are a Duke with a small early-medieval fort =\.

Yeah ans something like that :
One Village -> Baron
One Village , One Castle -> Viscount or Earl (change with playr's renown and other things)
One Village ,  Two Castel -> Marquess
One Village , One Castle, One City -> Duke or GranDuke (changes with number of villages and castles)
More than Two City and Villages and Castles -> Archiduke

Well, renown and honor, and maybe good relations can help the player to achieve better titles.
Player's class depends on prestige.

One Village -> Baron
One Village , One Castle -> Viscount or Earl (change with playr's renown and other things)
One Village , One Castle, One City -> Duke or GranDuke (changes with number of villages and castles)
Nah. That's a very limited way to achieve titles. If the player owns 2 towns, he will never have a noble title.

Radetzky said:
I will try to answer my questions based on my views:
1. Yes there are grand possiblities (such as  Gefürsteter Graf, Landgraf, Reichsgraf, Markgraf, Pfalzgraf), but it really depends on which cultures you want to base the states.
2. Maybe Marquess can be a title of ruler of lastly captured castles? In time of new conquests, old Marquess would become Duke.
3. Probably based on improvements, so baron would be stuck with old medieval fort, while grand duke would have renaissance palace?
4. That would be nice and basically how I based my question no.3 answer.
1. Well I found out that there are limited possibilities. Take for example the Kingdom of Rhodoks. Is it either Italian or German? The Wiki says it has Bavarian/Northern Italian culture.
3. Noble titles will completely depend on prestige (also easier =p).

For now I have these noble ranks:
b056.png

If you have any suggestion, please tell me!

Great work so far Quintillius! :smile:
Thanks  :smile:. I am sure you will like this screenshot too:
pm6t.png

He is wearing the Tsar's Crown.

I don't mean to be dickish, but just in the interest of realism: kingdoms didn't usually have Grand Dukes or Archdukes. You see, Archduke and Grand Duke are higher in the nobility ranking than Prince, and since the King's son, who was given the title of Prince, was considered the second highest ranking member of the nobility it didn't make sense to have someone with a higher title than his.

There were Archdukes and Grand Dukes in medieval Europe but they only either existed in empires (like the German and Russian empires), where they usually were the Emperor's children and closest relatives (like Grand Duchess Anastasia) or they were the heads of their own independent states.

Also, instead of Baron, you could have the lowest noble title be just Sir/Dame, as it historically was.

Quintillius said:
Well, renown and honor, and maybe good relations can help the player to achieve better titles.
Player's class depends on prestige.

One Village -> Baron
Nah. That's a very limited way to achieve titles. If the player owns 2 towns, he will never have a noble title.

Radetzky said:
I will try to answer my questions based on my views:
1. Yes there are grand possiblities (such as  Gefürsteter Graf, Landgraf, Reichsgraf, Markgraf, Pfalzgraf), but it really depends on which cultures you want to base the states.
2. Maybe Marquess can be a title of ruler of lastly captured castles? In time of new conquests, old Marquess would become Duke.
3. Probably based on improvements, so baron would be stuck with old medieval fort, while grand duke would have renaissance palace?
4. That would be nice and basically how I based my question no.3 answer.
1. Well I found out that there are limited possibilities. Take for example the Kingdom of Rhodoks. Is it either Italian or German? The Wiki says it has Bavarian/Northern Italian culture.
3. Noble titles will completely depend on prestige (also easier =p).

For now I have these noble ranks:
b056.png

If you have any suggestion, please tell me!

Great work so far Quintillius! :smile:
Thanks  :smile:. I am sure you will like this screenshot too:
pm6t.png

He is wearing the Tsar's Crown.

For vaegirs some incorrect list . Knyaz - title. Voivode - post. Offer the following grades - a mix of titles and positions held:
1) One Village -> Votchinnik (Dumniy Dvoryanin - duma rank in the Russian state in the XVI-XVII centuries. Duma nobles were the third "honor" rank ( rank ) , after the boyars and courtiers . Duma nobles participated in the meetings of the Boyar Duma , led by orders , and appointed governors in the city.)
2) One Village , One Castle -> Putniy Boyar (Okolnichy - court rank and position in the Russian state in the early XIII- XVIII centuries . Since the mid XVI century - the second (after Boyar ) dumnyi rank Boyar Duma . Courtiers headed orders , shelves, were appointed to the diplomatic mission)
3) One Village ,  Two Castel -> Boyarin (Voivode on the title)
4) One Village , One Castle, One City -> Knyaz (Gorodovoy Voivode (City Governor) on the title)
5) More than Two City and Villages and Castles -> Udelniy Knyaz (Udelnoe (Specific) principality (inheritance) ( from "cases" , "divide" - part) - the territory in Russia in XII-XVI centuries , formed as a result of crushing large principalities emerged in place of the ancient Russian state. Fiefdoms , in turn fragmented into smaller fiefdoms . Territory of an independent principality was running territorial possession prince. Most often, new fiefdoms appeared as a result of land redistribution , donations and transfer inheritance. Formally fiefdoms were ruled by the Grand Duke, but had its own coin , institutions , power, ie, were virtually independent states.)

Back
Top Bottom