• Yes

Votes: 67 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Kinda

Votes: 36 27.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yea I was really startled myself as I couldn't believe my eyes. I was just like woah, I only found out after check youtube for comments and noticed that one of the video's soared in views and a comment mentioned about it being on the front page of pc gamer so I googled it and saw it and was amazed that this even happened. Yea it was good to say WIP because mostly it is so good.

Jaakko said:
Congrats, not many mods get featured.

I'm gonna DL and try the quick battles. I'll provide some feedback later.

Thanks for the Congrats and provide feedback whenever you can.

xPearse said:
xBamfo said:
LOL This made my day ^_^
I support this project and will give anything that I possibly can... which isn't much... but whatever.
Zombie Warband... Ecchi edition XD.

Don't expect anything like that in the mod.

Here is one of the other new scenes that im doing to fill in for more villages and such, it's the Shinjuku Police Koban.

Aw... no ecchi edition...
Oh well, still seems quite fun and it still made my day. Only reason I haven't downloaded yet is because of starting college classes yesterday. I will download this during the weekend and try it out.

But I can still have a bunch of schoolgirls following me around right? I mean, my choice for the units XD.

Alrighty, I just played through each quick battle 3 times and I have the following to report.

First I'd like to make clear that I am by no means insulting any of the work done.  And any comments that I make are not concrete, if I am incorrect I wish to be corrected.  I am giving -my- opinion on what I played and what I feel could be done.

The first quick battle, "Police battle against zombie horde":  I was immediately impressed by the mod.  I was standing with my fellow police officers and we were facing a horde of zombies!  Firing the handgun was very interesting.  It was quite accurate but not like a sniper rifle.  I imagine trying to snipe with this would not work.  I couldn't help but notice that the reloading animation was that of a muzzle loaded gun.  I hope there is a way to fix that.  Anyways, like CapturedJoe said, it felt weird having such a weak melee weapon compared to the one shot (head shot) pistol.  After I slaughtered the group of zombies I noticed all my men were dead.  I ran around exploring when I heard enemies yelling.  I searched and searched.  I found this:

policebattleagainstzomb.jpg

Every once in a while one would fall down and I would fight it.  But this was really weird.  I'm not sure what happened there to be honest, being the inexperienced modder that I am.

The second battle was much better.  It started off the same but I was flanked by the group of zombies who previously floated.  I fought them and lost all my men.  I could hear what sounded like my men yelling but since they were all dead I was unsure what killed them.  I skirmished (or kited, if you prefer) the giant group of enemies and was picking them off one by one.  Then I noticed on my screen it said that an enemy zombie had died from falling.  While i was pondering what kind of fall killed him, I found it:

policebattleagainstzomb.jpg

I wish I took a better screen shot because you could see that my men were there too, as well as the corpse of the zombie who fell.  I didn't sustain much damage myself and survived but I didn't even try to find my way back to the top.  I literally fell through an invisible hole in the streets.  Scared me more than the zombies :razz:.

Third play through actually had no problems.  I couldn't find the hole again either and the zombies spawned properly.

Gas station encounter:  Gameplay wise this played well.  I couldn't help but feel it silly that I was swinging one handed with a weapon.  That makes sense to me if I were to be holding a shield or dueling with a very light weapon but trying to kill a zombie with a melee weapon?  I would certainly hold with both hands.  So first play through, I ran into no bugs.  After saving the school girl from the rapist I ran off and continued skirmishing with the zombies.  Then this happened:

crashduringblackthug1st.png

I'm not sure if that was my own copy of Mount and blade that crashed or if it was the mod.  My pc isn't legendary but it's quite beefy for a non-pro gamer like myself.  I loaded the battle a second time and played without any problem until this:

souchiroplaythroughtryi.png

Once again, this could be isolated to my pc.  I'm not sure what either message really meant.  Third play through I died because I suck.

Takagi clearing area of zombies:  This quick battle was interesting.  I was happy with my group but noticed this right off the bat:

souhiro2.jpg

They were running into the wall.  This was immediately fixed by me ordering them to follow me.  They stopped running into the wall.  I lead them to a group of zombies and deftly began killing them until I noticed I was flanked.  I felt embarrassed and I presume the last thing my character felt was shame before he too was overrun.  The second play through my men were trying to run into the same wall.  We ran off to find zombies and found this:

souhiro3.jpg

We died again, my fault.  Third time my men were running into walls but the zombies weren't.  Then I noticed another thing.  My character was stabbing repeatedly with his katana.  I'm aware it's because I'm noobish and just repeatedly click instead of aiming properly but if I'm mistaken Samurai did not prefer to stab with their katana.  It's a slashing weapon.  I found the stabbing really messed me up.  Then we died, again my fault.

Mr. Shido raids the police at the subway:  Well first thing I noticed was I finally had a rifle!  I'm a bit of a gun nut and prefer rifles over hand guns, video game and real life, every time.  Unfortunately I was either issued an AR-15 or my M16 was stuck on permanent semi-auto mode.  That wasn't such a big deal, I'm aware full auto in mount and blade is a hard thing to do.  What really annoyed me was how long it took to fire.  Instead of being able to quick fire and I had to each time get the person in my sights before I could fire.  This is probably good for balancing but in a close quarter battle like the subway it personally annoyed me.  I played all three times without a single bug or flaw.  I did notice that one of the students I was fighting would stay in their starting position, never charging at me but only throwing pencils if I came near.  No big deal.

Students battle zombie horde at bridge:  The first battle I played went perfectly.  I killed all zombies with minimal losses.  I was proud of myself.  Second play was similar.  The third play through was different.  I charged at the zombies and noticed only a few students had joined me.  I turned to look back and saw this:

bridge3c.jpg

They were stuck on the poles.  This matched the zombies, which unfortunately I was dumb and didn't save a screen shot.  It was similar.

All in all the mod was very impressive for its first quick battles.  It's clear xPearse has worked very hard.  I wish I was more skilled so I could help him.  I wish we could all help him out.  To summarize though:

Terrain needs more testing.  There could be more invisible holes or things that would trap zombies plus humans.

I think weapons need more testing too.  I'm not sure if your weapons are open to debate and I'll respect if you're going to leave them all as is.  I'm sure we have people here that are experienced with melee weapons and maybe they could provide input.

I noticed that some of the armies were kinda odd.  For example on the Bridge battle I had a few zombie students fighting alongside me.  I'm sure you'll polish that out in the end, it made me laugh anyways.

And finally I have two questions:

1.  On the show do the zombies talk?  I noticed them saying really weird things like "I don't want to become one of them" and such.  Groaning is more traditional but I'm aware of the need to remain faithful to the show.

2.  What kind of zombies are we facing here?  I'll clarify my question with an example:  The Walking Dead comic and TV series have similar zombies but they view them completely different.  In the comic one character can easily slaughter 30+  zombies before he/she panics.  In the TV series the characters panic if 4 zombies appear.  So in your mod is it to assume that melee weapon carrying students are a match for a zombie?  Can they kill several or will they drop like flies?  The police, I find, that are armed with guns fare quite well but the melee cops drop like flies.

Sorry for the double post but I have to clarify something before someone calls me dumb for not paying attention.  I thought it was an invisible hole but it's like was xPearse said, I ran off the edge of the map.  I didn't think I went that far but that's logical.

NikoDyz said:
Then this happened:

crashduringblackthug1st.png

I'm not sure if that was my own copy of Mount and blade that crashed or if it was the mod.  My pc isn't legendary but it's quite beefy for a non-pro gamer like myself.  I loaded the battle a second time and played without any problem until this:

souchiroplaythroughtryi.png

Once again, this could be isolated to my pc.  I'm not sure what either message really meant.  Third play through I died because I suck.
These errors are both caused by high graphics and the game (M&B) having trouble supporting them. lower your texture detail settings and such errors won't occur anymore (or will occur less often).

Yea that vertex buffer happens to me alot even so that I can't test out the battles properly myself since my computer is to say trash. Really alot of text you posted so thanks for your feedback.

Well what I said to Captured Joe about that.

Yea it's when the ai looks to attack the player and doesn't use the ai mesh since your within visible range so it just runs from where it is instead of using the ai mesh to traverse. It's just a native thing since your mostly in open fields so buildings cause problems when in battle.

It's just the native way the ai works since they just run at you from their position rather than using the ai mesh to traverse since you are within visible range of the enemy. I wish the battles would work out better but sadly the native ai and just the way in general that the game works. This goes for the bridge scene as well as the ai trying to attack and they run badly and the ai doesn't take into account obstacles when moving as when fighting in open fields which most M&B combat is there aren't any problems because there are no obstacles in their way unlike city streets and buildings.

Try playing operation flashpoint and getting a squad to move through a city, it's really terrible because it's plagued by the same problems.

I don't know anything about animations so I wouldn't know how to go about creating or even adding new ones, that could be a bother though further in development. For the units not moving, I really don't know what would be up there.

For the audio that the zombies say, the zombies for the moment just copy the male units audio such as death screams, taunts and so forth but eventually I'll get sounds for the zombies. I just gave the students melee weapons because every high school student doesn't have a gun in japan or any at all so they would equip with whatever they find such as melee weapons.

Edit
Oh yea for the zombie students on the bridge with you, it's just something wrong with the way the units are spawned, here's an example. See the (set_visitors, 7 thats supposed to be the start of the enemys but for some reason that unit begins in your team but why does it do that. I really don't know but I'll try moving the entry numbers up one each and see what happens.

Yes, I can understand the city thing being troublesome.  It didn't ruin my gameplay but I thought I would bring it to your attention.  You should be proud of all the work you've done.

Yea really thanks for that, I have put alot of effort and work into it and I really didn't know what I was doing half the time so it was really a challenge. Building scenes when I didn't know where to start was the main part of my work since I had to do streets and figure out how to do it so planning was required.

Friend, something else I wanted to add.  I really liked your idea of the "zombie fist" as a weapon.  Is it possible to make it so it can't be used to block?  Those zombies were blocking my katana with their bare hands :razz:.

Oh right didn't realise that, I'll be sure to add the tag that stops certain weapons from being used to block.

Finally I got the police koban scene finished, it was just that I had frequent crashes when editing so that was slowing me down and most of the time when I tried to set out the large flat the game crashed so I put it off for ages but I lowered my settings for editing and to make it run faster for myself when testing anything out. Also the game crashes sometime right when I enter a scene so ingame editing has really been a drag for me but I'll get there eventually.

Im gonna start moving onto the new map today and im gonna get rid of most native towns, villages, castles and so forth. Only keep enough to keep a faction going so it should take a while to remove the native stuff in the module system.

Ok I have been removing native locations recently and have removed all but one factions locations, just swadia left or Police now so I'll get to that tomorrow. Meanwhile here is a pic of what locations are left, im leaving some so the factions can use them only temporarly as I have to create new scenes for their home bases and such. What this means is that soon I will be able to move onto the new map so this is good news and if you look at the tutorial I did you will know how much time it takes to remove locations as I have been working hard to do so these past days.

Also I did a new tutorial so be sure to check that out, took around 2 hours to create.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249781.0.html

Once again I step out of the comfortable darkness of the shadows in which I usually lurk, to commend you on your efforts with this mod. Just wanted to say that. When I have time I'll make sure to test-play the latest version. Keep up the good work.

Yea thanks for that, it's really hard for me scanning through the module system and doing what needs to be done such as removing the native locations. Just check out that tutorial on my previous post and you'll know what I mean.

Meh, I though someone would have posted on it by now since I went to sleep after posting the topic.

Back
Top Bottom