M&B Mod-Related Websites

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's a Calradia webpage. There's nothing much on it however...

http://www.thefallenlords.calradia.com/knightsandmerchants/knightsandmerchants_index.html

Updated, with "knightsandmerchants_index.html" on the end of the link you posted there.

EDIT: also added a link for the new Mod Wiki, which I just found. Looks like it's off to a very good start. :smile:

Apologies to those who have had trouble recently with uploading to the Repository. There was a problem with sessions not being stored properly, resulting in people being logged out quite often (sometimes in the middle of uploads).

I believe I have this problem fixed now, and it seems to actually be working better than it was previously. If it works as it should now, your login will stay stored for a year before requiring you to log back in.

As I said, it seems to be working now after my latest attempt at fixing it; I've repeatedly checked the last few hours and it has stayed logged in without even the usual old "Thank you for logging in" message.
<fingers crossed>

EDIT:
Remember, if you encounter any problems with the site, I can't fix them if I don't know about them so please let me know. That said, there is an issue with updating a listing requiring a new upload which is on my to-do list to fix (thanks to Lu Bu for letting me know).

Drizzt said:
I am having trouble with the 100 year war mod? Any help?
This question would properly go in the Hundred Years War mod thread, not here.
To answer your question anyway: if you're trying to run it on the latest version of M&B, it won't work. It hasn't yet been updated to work with M&B .731 and only works with .711. Please direct any further questions to the mod's thread.

Y'know, Janus, speaking of the Repository, I just had a thought...

Since Armagan has pretty much officially endorsed your site now, why is it still the Mount&Blade Unofficial File Repository? Shouldn't it be the Official Mount&Blade File Repository by now? :razz:

Futuristically,
Winter

Winter said:
Y'know, Janus, speaking of the Repository, I just had a thought...

Since Armagan has pretty much officially endorsed your site now, why is it still the Mount&Blade Unofficial File Repository? Shouldn't it be the Official Mount&Blade File Repository by now? :razz:

Futuristically,
Winter
Heh, I suppose so. At some point I might redo the logo to say Official instead.

He actually said to me in e-mail (when I was facing the bandwidth crisis) that he would like to be able to host the Repository on his server since it's such an important resource, but the main site was/is getting hammered so much it's not currently a good idea. It was then he offered his large donation to the cause for the new hosting plan (which is working great, other than those strange session loss issues).

Khalid ibn Walid said:
Hi.

Can you please add a link to the Lombard Leagues mod development forum (http://lombardleagues.proboards100.com/index.cgi)? 
Must be losing it, could have sworn I added that one already. Anway, it is now added.

Just to let people know, it seems the session problem with the Repository is still there. It just generally takes longer before logging you out. And now it seems to on rare occasions treat a person as if they're logged in as somebody else.
Argh. :mad:
Really busy on a time-sensitive project now, so no time to work on it. Will work on it later this week and post back if/when I think I have it fixed.

Just to let people know what I'm planning, I've gotten tired of all the stuff that still doesn't work right with the Repository due to myriad bugs and shortcomings of the CMS software. I'm seriously considering switching it from the current Xoops+PD-Download (which is heavily fixed and modified) to Joomla+ReMOSitory. The ReMOSitory module for Joomla seems generally better fleshed out than the PD-Downloads module for Xoops.
This switch, if I do go through with it, will take some time to get reworked and set up the way I want it, so it's not something that will be done soon. There are several things I'll have to script in, such as the Perl large file upload script.
I'm also not sure if I'll be able to copy over all of the data from the current site or not. I'll probably be able to convert at least some of it over.

I've been playing around with Joomla and the ReMOSitory software early today and it does look promising.
http://www.mbrepository.com/Joomla_test/
Nothing much to see here yet other than the default Joomla layout with a restructured menu and the ReMOSitory component installed. The current theme would completely be switched out and most components removed/disabled to clean up the interface.
If anyone wants to see what the upload form looks like, I currently have it set so all registered users can upload (for now). Just don't upload something there and expect it to stay; this is a temorary test site for me to work with.

Probably be a few weeks at the earliest before I switch the site over, if I do indeed end up doing so.

Hopefully Janus won't hurt me for using this thread, oh BTW could you add short info to your first message.  :mrgreen:

Attention M&B webmasters! DMOZ category up and running!

Yes, that is right, yours truly has created M&B category at DMOZ... http://dmoz.org/Games/Video_Games/Roleplaying/M/Mount&Blade/

I think I have added everyone's websites (I'll send you bank account number on which to make deposit later :lol: ) in case I missed somebody please submit your site (sorry, english only), also if somebody doesn't like his description or has spotted a typo or if somebody doesn't want his website listed at evil DMOZ let me know.  :wink:

Very short FAQ:
Why would I want my site listed at DMOZ?
No idea but it is some kind of holy grail for all SEO freaks. :roll:

P.S.
  If you want me to make your site cool (you get that silly star symbol - no idea what's all the fuss about) I'm easily bribable with a good mod but remember to make you cool before I start playing because it could be months before you see me again. :mrgreen:

Ok, I did an extensive bit of hacking and gutting to the PHP core of the Repository yesterday in another attempt to fix the session problems it was having (not allowing people to stay logged in and so forth).
I've stayed logged in for long enough that I really believe it is finally (!) fixed. :smile:

Since I did do extensive fiddling through several core files, there's a possibility I might have messed something else up. If you come across any problems at all, please let me know. From my testing it seems to be working perfectly though.

Well, I'm still logged in now almost 3 days later. The site is set to keep you logged in for a year as long as you selected the option to stay logged in, and you don't log out or delete your browser cookies.

If you're asking how long I was able to stay logged in when the site was having those session problems, no more than a few hours. :razz:

EDIT: the problem was really down to this particular server configuration, just something about it that doesn't allow the original session code to work properly. The thing is, that code worked perfectly on the past 2 servers the site had been on. I played with it for many many hours and never could get it working.
What I did recently was gut out that code and add in a different implementation of the session code. Seems it is working on this server.

Well, then it works as it should be :smile:

Maybe you remember, I wasn't able to be logged in even for a few hours :razz:. Nicely done.

Back
Top Bottom