[M] Atlas Novus - 0.87 - New multiplayer hero troops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Huge thanks for running the mod -- anyone who wants to try out the mod, now's your chance :smile: Go and join OLL's server.

There are bound to be some bugs, but it's good that you guys are testing everything so that we can find and squash them!

FrisianDude -- Okay, thanks. Fixed for next version.

AWdeV -- thanks for reporting that. There was a small bug related to cheers, but I think I fixed that. So thanks :smile: If the bug persists, it might be that cheers need to be bound to a new key.

Jezze -- There are probably some bot-related bugs still, and most maps still don't have complete AI meshes. I'll try to fix that for the next update.

Harmast said:
Huge thanks for running the mod -- anyone who wants to try out the mod, now's your chance :smile: Go and join OLL's server.

Please note that we do not run the mod 24/7. I will try to do it 2 days a week, more probably from Wednesday till Thursday or something.

Harmast said:
AWdeV -- thanks for reporting that. There was a small bug related to cheers, but I think I fixed that. So thanks :smile: If the bug persists, it might be that cheers need to be bound to a new key.

That may have well been due to my own binds. In fact, I doubt it was a bug. :lol: I've yet to test this though. I'll do so soon & report back in. :smile:

Edit: Yeppers, was entirely due to my bind. I changed it to something different and there's no problem at all. Although, I've noticed that while you CAN interrupt a cheer for an attack (atleast for shooting a (light) crossbow) but you can not move. If you have an attack prepared and then start to cheer then the only effect is that your feet are bound to the ground and that the cheer sounds play. The animation doesn't work if you have an attack prepared. :smile:

As a faction, I like the mountain bandits, but they can buy pretty much their best gear with roughly 1000 denars. This is a bit of a balance problem as their best gear isn't at all great. The bandit leader also seems rather poorly balanced with the rest of the heroes. He has no horse, poor weaponry and poor armour. His weapon choice is fairly flexible though, that's a bonus.

Furthermore, I'd like to suggest that the hero classes get more weapon variety. They usually can get a horse, but what's a horseman without a lance? (or atleast the option to buy one)

As a sidenote, throwing a bamboo spear is fairly impressive. Especially when considering the range. Quite the distance! :lol: (I have screenies if wanted. )

Even though I've been wandering through them by myself, I really am rather fond of the maps. They have style.

Ps; Khergit Footmen have some niice options. :razz:

AWdeV said:
That may have well been due to my own binds. In fact, I doubt it was a bug. :lol: I've yet to test this though. I'll do so soon & report back in. :smile:

Edit: Yeppers, was entirely due to my bind. I changed it to something different and there's no problem at all. Although, I've noticed that while you CAN interrupt a cheer for an attack (atleast for shooting a (light) crossbow) but you can not move. If you have an attack prepared and then start to cheer then the only effect is that your feet are bound to the ground and that the cheer sounds play. The animation doesn't work if you have an attack prepared. :smile:

Okay, thanks for testing. Cheers are a bit better now but have still a few problems. I haven't modded M&B before at all, so all this is new to me. I'm learning a lot in the process though, so things will definitely get better with time :wink:

As a faction, I like the mountain bandits, but they can buy pretty much their best gear with roughly 1000 denars. This is a bit of a balance problem as their best gear isn't at all great. The bandit leader also seems rather poorly balanced with the rest of the heroes. He has no horse, poor weaponry and poor armour. His weapon choice is fairly flexible though, that's a bonus.

The bandits are still pretty rough. They will definitely get more equipment variety in the future. The bandit leader doesn't have great armor (the missing horse option was a mistake though!), but he has better stats to compensate. Also, I'm planning on adding some extra good stuff for both the bandits and their leader, but it will take some time. I have lots of plans but too little time at the moment :mad:

Furthermore, I'd like to suggest that the hero classes get more weapon variety. They usually can get a horse, but what's a horseman without a lance? (or atleast the option to buy one)

The hero types are still new, so they'll need lots of tweaking in the next few updates. They'll get some more equipment to choose from as well. I want to add some special features for them as well, but I'm not sure how feasible they are to implement with the current module system.

As a sidenote, throwing a bamboo spear is fairly impressive. Especially when considering the range. Quite the distance! :lol: (I have screenies if wanted. )

Well, bamboo IS pretty light... :smile:

Even though I've been wandering through them by myself, I really am rather fond of the maps. They have style.

Thanks! :smile:

Hamast, I've made a few falchions a while ago, perhaps you want to use them for the mountain bandits. :razz: (I know at least one of them needs fixing, though, and the textures nor the models are brilliant, but eh.)

Just wanted to let you guys know that there will be a small hiatus with updates regarding this mod. I sliced my hand with a broken glass, and using both a mouse and a keyboard with one hand is kind of difficult :neutral:

Meanwhile, I will still accept submissions for maps to be potentially included in the mod. Send a pm!

A shame about your hand. Take care!
I do have a small suggestion to promote this mod:
to increase the amount of players I was thinking to maybe introduce AtlasNovus arena events.
Once a week there will be a server running(perhaps OLL?) Atlas Novus for some time. Perhaps this
would help to increase the amount of players on the servers running Atlas Novus. Also making banners
would help so we can introduce new players to AN. What do you think, would it help?

Regards

Thanks guys :smile:

TheAsperge said:
I do have a small suggestion to promote this mod:
to increase the amount of players I was thinking to maybe introduce AtlasNovus arena events.
Once a week there will be a server running(perhaps OLL?) Atlas Novus for some time. Perhaps this
would help to increase the amount of players on the servers running Atlas Novus. Also making banners
would help so we can introduce new players to AN. What do you think, would it help?

That's a great idea! I've been thinking the same, some weekly event would be really nice. I'm seriously thinking about getting a good server soon (probably from jestservers.com -- they have really good references :wink:), so probably then. Though first I'm waiting for the final version of the current Warband patch, so that I can implement everything I've been wanting to for a while now. This includes a ton of new stuff, of which a lot is fortunately already done! The rest will take some time though, because of my hand. But maybe I'll try to do some of those banners next while I recover!

When do you guys think you can place this event?

Regards

EDIT: oh by the way Harmast, have you figured the weathersystem out yet? So it's no longer
random for every person?

TheAsperge said:
EDIT: oh by the way Harmast, have you figured the weathersystem out yet? So it's no longer
random for every person?

Not yet, I'm waiting for native Warband to fix things. It is impossible to implement atm (except for fog, which I think I'll add for the next update) because of the way client/server messaging and some of the weather-related module system commands work.

Ah yes. Adding fog would definitely increase the atmosphere 'till you are able
to add custom weather. Anyways, Keep up the good work!

Regards

EDIT: I'll try if I can make a banner, but I'll promise nothing!  :grin:

That'll be just fine for me. Then the exams here in Belgium will be over, it will be a good idea to think of something different then.
But we then should make some publicity. I've already tried making a banner/signature but I just can't make it so It'll be nice if
someone could make one. Do you have some signature/banner makers in de orde der lage landen?

Regards

TheAsperge said:
That'll be just fine for me. Then the exams here in Belgium will be over, it will be a good idea to think of something different then.
But we then should make some publicity. I've already tried making a banner/signature but I just can't make it so It'll be nice if
someone could make one. Do you have some signature/banner makers in de orde der lage landen?

Regards

Yes, we do. I can ask some people to make something.

Back
Top Bottom