Lords does not recruit new troops

Users who are viewing this thread

AZRA

Recruit
Having played a large amount of time as a vassal of Sturgia, I noticed that the Lords do not recruit new troops. In my case, Sturgia is at war with Vlandia. And after a certain number of battles, there remain only lords with 5-30 units in their armies. The situation does not change over time. In fact, wars become static because in both states there are not a single lord with enough soldiers to create an army and conduct sieges. Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

I am currently having the same issue in my game. I am a merc for Vlandia, and none of the lords are replenishing, meaning the Western Empire has completely obliterated Battania and is blitzing through Vlandia and there is nothing I can do about it. Even the garrisons are small, with most only having 200 men between the militia and the standard troops.

It seems to be a matter of money, I just married the king of Vlandia's daughter, and when I was paying her dowry it showed that he had zero cash in his balance. I gave him 5k and he immediately ran around and raised an army of like 70 men, so there must be something screwy going on with the economies, possibly due to the doom bandits roaming around killing everything

They are recruiting the same troops as you are from the same people. So if you keep recruiting all troops they cannot recruit them. I had a lord running in front of me recruiting everyone from every village and left me nobody to recruit. There were some policies in the kingdom policy list that increased wartime taxes and levies. I have to see how those actually work into more detail.

I mean in my case I wasn't recruiting very much, all the battles would have been too large for me to compete in without lord support, and the lords cant support me because they have no troops :razz:

Back
Top Bottom