Lords and Realms - Old Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
vonmistont said:
To change faction color see Magelord's tweaks.

Yes...I did find that tweak...but the instructions seem a bit complicated for me. Like it says to "put your web formatted RGB color in the Hex field." I don't know how to get this figure...so I can't use the tweak. I was just hoping there might be an easier way...or some instructions on how to use that tweak for dummies.

Is hunting included from the Age of Machines mod? If it is I haven't figured out how. When the age of Machines is more finished will you be including the siege engines?

Would be nice to see a few new NPCs for companions.

One of my pet peaves is party morale when you get a decent sized army. I would like to suggest a bard character that increases party morale. I was thinking 2 different ones one hireable early for 100 dinars a week and raises morale by 20. A second not available until you get over 1000 renown with +40 morale and costs 250 a week.

Another thought what about a mission to save an NPC and he becomes your sworn man. No salary or morale problems he gets on with anyone you hire.

Another recommendation if its possible. A caravan organizer NPC that increases your storage by 12.

LittleJohn said:
Is hunting included from the Age of Machines mod? If it is I haven't figured out how. When the age of Machines is more finished will you be including the siege engines?

Would be nice to see a few new NPCs for companions.

One of my pet peaves is party morale when you get a decent sized army. I would like to suggest a bard character that increases party morale. I was thinking 2 different ones one hireable early for 100 dinars a week and raises morale by 20. A second not available until you get over 1000 renown with +40 morale and costs 250 a week.

Another thought what about a mission to save an NPC and he becomes your sworn man. No salary or morale problems he gets on with anyone you hire.

Another recommendation if its possible. A caravan organizer NPC that increases your storage by 12.

Hunting is not included. I like bard idea very much btw. I will use it.

Cheers

How about including  Custom Settlements 0.35 [WIP]  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,53036.135.html 
I thought about this idea and it seems pretty damn sweet and since someone else has already done it and it works well... just a thought

Just started downloading looking very much forward to this one

has any changes been made to the map? if not is it possible to use duinnin's Calradia Map Makeover http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,42814.0.html

i prefer that one to the native map, there is so much more going on and the population centers and castles actually seem to be strategically/logically placed as opposed to native which just seems so bland and random

Pali Gap said:
The map is the same.

You can use your map makeover.

just looked at the party.txt file for this mod and there is additional infomation added, so the other map won't work without some tweaks i believe, which is beyound my skills at the moment. . .

AlaricRoald said:
Pali Gap said:
The map is the same.

just looked at the party.txt file for this mod and there is additional infomation added, so the other map won't work without some tweaks i believe, which is beyound my skills at the moment. . .

Open parties.txt from map makover, copy everything from:

Code:
1 36 36 p_zendar Zendar
to
Code:
1 210 210 p_bridge_15 15 541730 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 -68.010000 -29.600000 -68.010000 -29.600000 -68.010000 -29.600000 0.0 0 
(inclusive)
and paste in the same place in parties.txt from Lords and Realms should work i think. Unless this makover adds new parties. If it does change the number at the begining of the file respectivly.

vonmistont said:
AlaricRoald said:
Pali Gap said:
The map is the same.

Open parties.txt from map makover, copy everything from:

Code:
1 36 36 p_zendar Zendar
to
Code:
1 210 210 p_bridge_15 15 541730 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 -68.010000 -29.600000 -68.010000 -29.600000 -68.010000 -29.600000 0.0 0 
(inclusive)
and paste in the same place in parties.txt from Lords and Realms should work i think. Unless this makover adds new parties. If it does change the number at the begining of the file respectivly.

alright sounds easy enough cuz the mapmod doesn't add any new parties, just means renumbering everything from the the code lines to match the new items (i.e 18 18 p_zendar Zendar becomes 36 36 p_zendar Zendar)

NICK.ALTMAN, if you are considering map makeovers i suggest you also look into caldradia map refinement! : )

AlaricRoald said:
just means renumbering everything from the the code lines to match the new items (i.e 18 18 p_zendar Zendar becomes 36 36 p_zendar Zendar)
Oh yes and that... I forgot :smile:

And what is exactly so good in this makover btw? I don't have time to test it myself.

vonmistont said:
AlaricRoald said:
just means renumbering everything from the the code lines to match the new items (i.e 18 18 p_zendar Zendar becomes 36 36 p_zendar Zendar)

And what is exactly so good in this makover btw? I don't have time to test it myself.

alot of geography was added, mountains moved, rivers and lakes added, pretty much every town was relocated and spread out, the castles now are much more strategic. the boundaries between the fractions really follow the geography and thereby creating alot of choke points. i also think that this map has a better layout for the Vaegirs nord and swabian kingdoms, though are some empty areas that are ripe for more settlements

combined with zaros 2.51 and punkts textures (and painbringers bridges from WorldMap HD v1.1) it looks amazing

there's some photos linked to the mod link i gave earlier

-----------------------------

i just finished updating the parties.txt file and took a quick look at map.txt the lord and realms version starts with the line 31307 but the one from the mapmod starts with 31304, i'm not sure what kind of impact that means but it i just ran it and it seem to work just fine

thanks for the tips

AlaricRoald said:
vonmistont said:
AlaricRoald said:

alot of geography was added, mountains moved, rivers and lakes added, pretty much every town was relocated and spread out, the castles now are much more strategic. the boundaries between the fractions really follow the geography and thereby creating alot of choke points. i also think that this map has a better layout for the Vaegirs nord and swabian kingdoms, though are some empty areas that are ripe for more settlements

combined with zaros 2.51 and punkts textures (and painbringers bridges from WorldMap HD v1.1) it looks amazing

there's some photos linked to the mod link i gave earlier

-----------------------------

i just finished updating the parties.txt file and took a quick look at map.txt the lord and realms version starts with the line 31307 but the one from the mapmod starts with 31304, i'm not sure what kind of impact that means but it i just ran it and it seem to work just fine

thanks for the tips

But does it effect the horses speed (mountains)

vonmistont said:
Wu-long said:

Only forests affect that I think... And in this new map I think there are too many forests (looking at screens). They are slowing down battles too much :sad:

i noticed that, i've been trying to avoid the forests when possible cuz you slow down to a crawl, the worst area is the woods between khulum and carow in the snow only cuz it spawns some huge outlaw and scorcher bands though once you get a good army together its a great spot to make money off loot

other then that the woods aren't too bad cuz they are placed out of the way of  most of the primary travel routes

------------------

gameplay wise i rather like this mod, takes a bit getting used to with the prefered settings which can be a bit brutal at first

couple of observations/notes

seiges take forever i've seen 50 guys hold off 300+ several times with almost no loses while completely crushing the enemy forces, this is because of all the pikes in the game now, sieging forces just run right onto them and fall off the ladders and towers without inflicting any casualties, it's like lemmings and a cliff. you'd be better off just having archers try to pick off the defenders, i tried to take a castle with 30 defenders left with 120 men last night and the only five kills where the head shots i scored from the distance while watching the carnage.

the gather spy reports quest to sneak into an enemy town is almost impossible if you're caught and have to fight you way out, two of the defenders always have pikes and knock you out way too easy anymore, the chance of sneaking in unoticed needs to be increased or the defenders in this situation needs to be taken down a notch or too

there seems to be a bug with the capture the spy and spy master quest, the spy master is named "zendar chest" and ALWAYS escapes as does the townsman, i tried this one maybe 8 times knocked them both out each time. it's not even worth taken as a quest anymore cuz failure seems certain

i don't know if it's a bug but bardiches spawn as loot like crazy with outlaws, it's not worth hunting down anyother roaming bands due to the drastic difference in the value of the loot you get

steppe bandits never spawn larger than the 20-30's so they never harass any army that travels slow enough for them to catch, counterwise, once you're you have a decent sized force to match them for a good fight you can't catch them. they also don't seem gang up on you like the outlaws do, that strech of woods between khulum and carow can have five or six 50+ bands of outlaws/scorchers chasing you at the same time and if you get caught they all jump you

the several versions of the pike don't have a horse restriction, giving 300 reach lance cheaper than any standard lance. can't it be made so that you can't certain equip items if you're on a horse.

additional suggestions

can it be coded to access your inventory from the seige screen, so that you can re-equip for the siege instead of leaving and then going back in? not a major issue just an annoyance for those times i forget to put away the lance and get out my bow. if i remember correct it's a feature of the anyone can lead mod, i think. . .

can the ransom values be scaled for different ranks of prisoners, i've seen this in a couple of mods and i quite like it

vonmistont said:
Wu-long said:

Only forests affect that I think... And in this new map I think there are too many forests (looking at screens). They are slowing down battles too much :sad:

Alright i will pass for now then lol.

Too bad you can't camouflage XD

notes:

also i think something is a bit screwy with the auto equipment update feature, my companions keep dumping good equipment and either putting on worse equipment or nothing at all, i stopped using the feature currently. seems to work fine in sword of damocles though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom