Lords and Realms - Old Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice mod. There are some gameplay mechanics that drive me up the wall however. It seems every bandit group I run into has a few k of loot on them, resulting in hilarious farming sessions. It also seems archery has decreased vastly in terms of damage it can do -- was this intentional? Perhaps it might be from all the heavy armor everyone is wearing. Or because there seems to be so many two-handed weapons now, I rarely see shields. Lastly, the pole-arms are kind of nuts. I realize they have the downer of being unable to be used to block, but the amount of damage they pull off with the distance they have is incredible -- all it requires is just a bunch of these guys in a group and they'll run over all of the opposition -- and you run into them a lot. They're apparently a lower tier soldier. The hit dynamics of the large pikes also seem to be weird, the head of the weapon doesn't seem to be anywhere near a target but it still connects somehow.

Otherwise, it's a good MOD. It just my personal opinion after playing this;

1) Archery seems gimped.
2) Bandits are clad like tanks.
3) Pikes are tactical nuclear weapons.
4) What's with all the two-handed weapons? Where are the shields?

In terms of the power of the pike, it would be nice to implement the equipment degredation feature i've seen in some mods where your armour goes down in quality after it takes a certain amount of damage, the same can be applied to certain weapons such as pikes maybe, the wood shafts could be made to become cracked if blocked a couple of times which would result in drastically lowered damage. not sure if this can be implemented for troops.

this feature might help to offset the crazy money you can make from loot from forcing you to spend more to keep you and your companions upgraded whereas troops would just reset to normal after each battle.

I think he should code in the ability to change faction names, and having the option to change the color.  Like in Wickedshots custom settlements, the source for custom settlements is out there.

You get the crusader tree from hiring in the taverns (townsmen I think). They are expensive on upkeep though.

I had trouble with the townsmen not respawning in the taverns though meant to mention that.

I agree about the bow being nerfed and I like a horse archer character. Just have to use a pike. Next time I start over I may leave out the horse archer stats for more useful ones very annoying. Though after you get 6+ points and a heavy war bow it does get a bit better.

I really don't understand the super high damage on the pikes. It's a two-handed thrusting weapon. You should get damage on a range to that of a normal spear, the thrusting head is the same, the person doing the thrusting is the same. I don't understand where the extra kinetic force is coming from. It's not like an overhead swing here where you use gravity as an aid.

My impression on this mod so far is pretty much satisfactory though there are some issues with this mod.
I'm at about 200 days in the game ( in-game-days ) and I currently conquered half of Calradia.

In this mod, world seem to revolve around pike.
This mod turns 'Mount and Blade' into 'Mount and Pike'. ( this is not a sarcasm  :cool:

Even you, you start the game with extremely long Pike which you can use to kill anything in one-two hit.
It is quite noticeable that Two- handed weapons somewhat became worthless as most of those weapons can
no longer be used on horseback.
( ironically huge pike which is 3 times the length of man can be used on horseback without big restriction )
I still use two-handed when enemy kills my horses or come too close but this almost never happens thanks to 300 length
of the pike.

-Field battle.

Still mostly about the pike. Extremely easy if enemies are wielding one handed or two handed weapon.
Extremely dangerous if enemy army is comprised of pikeman ( sadly it happens most of the time ).
One wrong charge can kill both you and your horse. 

Good thing is that some cavalry also get a long pike and flanking the enemy pikeman with them works.
I also use pike myself and I am quite satisfied with the field battle.

-Siege battle (Offense )

Enemy at at the top of the ladder ( with more than 10 pikeman ) seems to kill any unit in a mere second.
( they were not supposed to attack through the wall but sadly its the problem with m&b itself )
I don't even bother sending 100 swadian knights up the ladder as
30-40 low tiered rookie pikemen can easily decimate the battle-hardned swadian knights from a distance.

Interestingly ratio of melee unit to archer is about 7:3 in the castle and cities. So besieging the castle or town is much easier
with mass archers. I just use 50-100 archers to pick them off from a safe distance.

Siege battle ( Defense )

All about the Pikeman. Period. I say with this was the easiest defense in all m&b mod I ever tried.
It was 80 my men vs 880 Nord army and I only lost 2 men plus few wounded. Pikeman just kills everything.

Bugs
-Inconceivable amount of loot from outlaws. I killed about 4-5 of them ( about 8 outlaws in each party )
and I easily amassed 10k + mid-end gears.

-Autoloot seems bugged, even after the fix ( adding two lines and changing 580 to 581 ). Sometimes
companion automatically equip items they cannot use. For instance, Arteminer equipped himself with heavy charger
( which requires 4 ridings ) when he had 2-3 riding skill.

Suggestions.
Overall, I liked the mod. This mod gave a new 'mount and pike' concept to the game and I really like the new way of
playing Mount and Blade. Sadly, I think there is still a huge problem with pike and it definitely requires some nerfing.
In the field battle, Pike seem to do fine ( though the damage is still huge ), but in the Siege battle, everything becomes
unbalanced because of pike.

Siege battle is supposed to be hard but there seem to be a very low possibility of winning the battle with melee units.
Low tiered troops should be given a crude pike with lowest damage or the damage of the pike they use should be lowered.

Siege battle and the pike are the only problem in this mod, other than that it is quite stable.

Okay...

I know I must be missing something absolutely obvious, but I cannot siege any castle or city.  I have not sworn an oath to anyone, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  :?:

Is there a time limit before I can siege?

You also need a bad relationship with the faction the castle belongs to. trykilling peasants and raiding caravans.

Thank you very much Pali and rkid!

What would the party minimum and relationship level be (assuming it is a defined level)?

all it take is -1 relationship, I don't know about a min troop limit... I've never tried to take a castle with less than 35... but just attack a caravan and and ask for tribute if you don't want to waste troops or time and that should be enough, then attack the castle.

I really like this mod and it has given me a newfound respect for the almighty pike. A word of warning if you see the pike run unless you want to experience rape of legendary proportions

hey just wanted to hear if its possible to change ur faction name ?

cus it sucks that its called kingdoms of "name of first castle you conquer"

so if any 1 knows please do tell  :grin:

i changed  culture into rodokcs but i do not know why sistem chooses nords what the hell is it?  and  also want to know when my vassals accompaning me and we have toghet 300 troops in a battle appears that we are 120 or 130 and why i do not know is it bug or that?

W.T.F. said:
i changed  culture into rodokcs but i do not know why sistem chooses nords what the hell is it?  and  also want to know when my vassals accompaning me and we have toghet 300 troops in a battle appears that we are 120 or 130 and why i do not know is it bug or that?
You need the battle size changer.

i have battle size changer but am not talkig about it if i have 300 troops and enemy 115 when i befor starting buttle system says u have for example 125 troops fit for battle against enemys 115 ut i do have more and  i have buttle sizer limit 170

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom