LF-The Fyrd Of Lewes [disbanded]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the picture. Well done to all involved in this fine fyrd of Sussex!
'tis sad indeed, but then again, inevitable. As I told Bas and Möck, they've been involved in priesthood for quite some time already, writing scripts, altering texts - and it's time for them to pull on the robes properly, and shave their tonsures neatly.  :wink:

It is indeed sad, considering that I originally only started the clan to fill the gaping hole that was the lack of Saxon clans - at the time there were a lot of viking ones, a couple of Norman ones too, but few clans were active. With my new love that was Vikingr in hand I built the Fyrd. I didn't intend to lead it but ended up doing so and the clan just grew and grew!

I think the Fyrd of Lewes was my highpoint in M&B:Warband. Whilst I still lead two clans, the Lucky Dogs in The Deluge & The Harras for when the chaps & I feel like dipping our toes back into Vikingr, it's not the same as the fun, and stress, of running the Lewes Fyrd. At one point we were the largest clan in Vikingr, mustering 10-20 players just for an evenings play on the servers. We ran very successful 100-player siege events for a while, which I enjoyed immensely, we were at the forefront of events & battles and we were always full of energy & suggestions for the previous development team. It is a shame that, six months after the clan had been formed, that I could not stand Warband any longer and stopped playing entirely for about 3 months - the commitment to running a large clan, well 30+ members is large to me, can be quite a strain, especially when problems crop up such as clan members TKing each other or other people, 'trolling' players (Dante & Gadric spring to mind with their seax+kick disarm routine), and various other problems & commitments to the clan, such as working out things to train each sunday that were different from the previous weekend without having it go on for too long.

All that is left for me to say is thank you to everyone who joined the LF, you all know who you are, you were a fantastic bunch and it's sad that the clan itself is coming to an end but then nothing lasts forever. Thank you to those who carried it on after I ran away from Warband, as well as to the previous Vikingr development team for their support & to Moeckerkalfie & Barabas for not only keeping me amused when we were in LF together, but for carrying on with the mods development after the previous team left it. We all owe you for your superb work.

As þegn Léofwine is now an old man, long retired from the role of Reeve of Lewes, I hope that Moeckerkalfie & Barabas will retire to his hold near the village of Claytón, in Suthseaxa, and serve as his spiritual ministers - plenty of food & drink awaits, as does a roof over your heads and many old comrades with whom they can live out their days.

And so, some fyrds live and die in the shade of the trees of Middle Earth, some changed the world, even in retirement.

'Tis sad to see that the fyrd will lay down their axes and shields and retire to a life of quietness, but perhaps like King Arthur, one day, they will return.

Do this mean that Möeck and Barabas leave  :neutral:? I am now confused like a mammoth.

I think they're retiring from having a clan, so to speak, but not retiring from developing Vikingr - I'd imagine there'd be a thread dedicated to that if it were to happen.

When I started playing te Fyrd of Lewes was already past its golden age, but we Fyrnings had a very fun clan match against them in which there was much rejoicing. Thank you for your contribution to Víkingr history!

Was fun accompanying you in your very methodic clan trainings good Leofwine and cooperating with screenshot sessions, as well as face you in public play of course. A shame you aren't a regular in anything anymore, as I'll be brutally honest, people like you made Vikingr worth playing with your energy and initiative.

Had some great fun playing with and against you in both events and public servers. One of the finest and oldest clans in the whole Vikingr scene (if not the finest?) finally coming to an end. A bit sad, but again, this might mean the start of something new.

May you all fare well from now to forever after!

Harkon Haakonson said:
Was fun accompanying you in your very methodic clan trainings good Leofwine and cooperating with screenshot sessions, as well as face you in public play of course. A shame you aren't a regular in anything anymore, as I'll be brutally honest, people like you made Vikingr worth playing with your energy and initiative.
Thank you for your kind words - I hadn't realised I'd had such an effect, I just thought I was being overly eager & enthusiastic! However I have to say there were many people at the time that really made the mod worth playing and to be counted among them is, frankly, an honour. So thank you.

As for training sessions, well I was forever worried that people would get bored in them, especially if we did the same thing each week. I have subsequently heard, after I'd left Vikingr, that clans in Warband (in general) will practice together for 2 or more hours each week - rather surprised me as I thought I was pushing it a bit with hour long sessions filled with at least 4 separate activities! Still I really enjoyed them and I hope others did too, especially when we'd play 'games', such as 'Kill the Reeve' or 'Seax Scramble'.

Hey, of course you had an impact. Leading the biggest clan and creating activities for the community is always something to remember. :smile:
Plus I personally liked you and I think you have an unique attitude.

Competitive clans train often but 1 hour a week for a mod's clan is pretty awesome, and it was quite interesting to see you create a balanced practice program and try to chip in in any way I oculd. Having adequate and diverse training drills is always fun when you're with people you like in my opinion, and the games were also fun to loosen up and have a few good laughs, so you did a good job maintaining the right atmosphere for a training session in a mod!

A shame nor you nor Eirika are willing to have such a role anymore, I miss that drill sergeant energy and rigor in trainings. :razz:
Could be fun in The Deluge...

We don't do that drilling stuff anymore. It's easy to burn out on that kind of role. Pretty sure the atmosphere on our TeamSpeak is about as easy going as you get...

Gibby. You ****ing ****.

... Plus we find ourselves in an element with the Deluge, I think, strangely. I speak only for myself here but I see no reason why you couldn't join us for the next event we participate in.  :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom