Let's Play - Prophesy of Pendor - Mettenheim Style!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ansiktslos said:
You want to believe this.

See, even for such a dangerous and disguising mission, a man of Mettenheim would never shave off the moustache. Either that, or that's what Mettenheim women look like. B-e-a-u-tiful.

Bjuret said:
Why has noone mentioned the empire yet? Immortals would be a near perfect fit, its only really the mustaches that are missing. They are also the faction closest to mettenheim tech with their crossbows. No CKO required!

Umezawa said:
I too would recommend joining the Empire rather than the Fierdsvain. Join the Empire Immortals and show those horse loving cowards how it's done. (I'm just pandering to him Noldor Spirit Horse, never leave me please.) It'll take quite some time to get your CKHO going. If you don't want to use another Quali on the KotEG I'd recommend going with the Immortals until lategame.

Problem is I've done the Immortals / KOTEG before, I'd quite like to branch out. Further to that, the Immortal armour is actually kind of rubbish compared to some others so that's one negative for joining them. If memory serves, the Dragon armour is actually the best you can get... that might be outdated information though. Lions, Eventide, Dawn and Shadow Legion are all out for lore reasons. Silvermists are unlikely. That leaves... Raven Spear, Dragons, Windriders, Griffons, Valkyries (regardless of above abuses to Fred... probably not suitable), Falcon, Radiant Cross and Clarion Call. Of those Raven Spear, Griffons and Radiant Cross are probably my personal favourites. Thoughts?

Once I get my own Kingdom, I am 99% likely to go with Pendor Culture if that helps.

Thank you for the tips regarding the CKHO too by the way, it's been noted.

M0rdred said:
Problem is I've done the Immortals / KOTEG before, I'd quite like to branch out. Further to that, the Immortal armour is actually kind of rubbish compared to some others so that's one negative for joining them. If memory serves, the Dragon armour is actually the best you can get... that might be outdated information though. Lions, Eventide, Dawn and Shadow Legion are all out for lore reasons. Silvermists are unlikely. That leaves... Raven Spear, Dragons, Windriders, Griffons, Valkyries (regardless of above abuses to Fred... probably not suitable), Falcon, Radiant Cross and Clarion Call. Of those Raven Spear, Griffons and Radiant Cross are probably my personal favourites. Thoughts?

Griffon Plate Harness: 1 head/53 body/17 legs
Immortal armor: 56 body/15 legs
Dragon armor: 57 body/17 legs
Radiant plate: 59 body/20 legs
Ebony gauntlet platemail: 58 body/15 legs

I'd go with the Griffon Plate Harness, because once it fully upgrades you'll have a lot of head defense as well, and the Pendor King Helm can compensate for the lower body armor. Otherwise, Radiant Cross is the way to go.

EDIT: Fixed the KotEG armor values, it seems they don't use ebony platemail.

Ranger Elite Armor (Rangers of the Clarion Call) has 57 Body /23 Legs. I think it's the best Order Armor in terms of total stats. It's not too heavy either.

Raviollius said:
M0rdred said:

I'd go with the Griffon Plate Harness, because once it fully upgrades you'll have a lot of head defense as well, and the Pendor King Helm can compensate for the lower body armor. Otherwise, Radiant Cross is the way to go.

EDIT: Fixed the KotEG armor values, it seems they don't use ebony platemail.

I've seen them spawning with the ebony platemail in 3.705.
Their patrols are small, and sometimes none of them wears it.
But then again, sometimes they do.

And don't forget that the Metenheim love to form tight lines and use hills to their advantage, so that they may cut the horses away from under slowed down cavalry. :wink: A Mettenheim playthrough souds fun, I might try it. I'll watch your episodes later on.

Klaus and the tournament... so... many... horses.

Sara said:
And don't forget that the Metenheim love to form tight lines and use hills to their advantage, so that they may cut the horses away from under slowed down cavalry. :wink: A Mettenheim playthrough souds fun, I might try it. I'll watch your episodes later on.
I use this more than a little :smile:

Falcon Plate is the best order armor. Though for foot soldier new buffed Radiant Cross armor should be good but it's kinda royal by appearance, not for dirt crawling. Lions heavy armor is best looking practical armor IMO.

I understand theme of playthrough though Great Long Axe is so much more brutal and fun than two handed sword.

Wow. If it's not roleplay you really suck at lancing... Couched strikes against lancers with same lances is the way to lose, don't do this in tournaments. Even with low pro you can get timing right to thrust properly. It'll take time but against high level lancers you have very little chance to win with couched strikes alone.

And why you're hiring all kinds of infantry but ignore pendor troops? They're very good swordsmen, best two handed swords and sword+shield troops. Actually they fit perfectly in theme of professional melee infantry.

Am I the only one here who simply joined the Order of the Ebony Gauntlet? Their units are almost a spot on, and like true Mettenheimers they refuse to mount horses :smile:
Though I must admit that it is damn bloody (for me) to fight Noldor units with them...

Klaus batters some more horses and goes on a spending spree. Kinda.

sher said:
Falcon Plate is the best order armor. Though for foot soldier new buffed Radiant Cross armor should be good but it's kinda royal by appearance, not for dirt crawling. Lions heavy armor is best looking practical armor IMO.

I understand theme of playthrough though Great Long Axe is so much more brutal and fun than two handed sword.

Are you saying Klaus is not regal in bearing?

Noromiz said:
Am I the only one here who simply joined the Order of the Ebony Gauntlet? Their units are almost a spot on, and like true Mettenheimers they refuse to mount horses :smile:
Though I must admit that it is damn bloody (for me) to fight Noldor units with them...

Gauntlets are the obvious choice, but I've joined them in previous games. Wanted to try branching out a little!

Noromiz said:

Gauntlets are the obvious choice, but I've joined them in previous games. Wanted to try branching out a little!
[/quote]
I have been wondering; couldn't we just make out own "Order"?
With the custom/self designed orders ingame it shouldn't be that hard to level/gear the Sergeants up to look like Mettenheim Troops, and the Knights could be made to look like either elite Mettenheim troops or Forlorn Hope.

I would probably make the Sergeants into "Panzer" (to keep in line with the German "names"), carrying Reinforced Heavy Board Shields, the same armor as the regular Greatsword/Spear troops, a Heavy Military Hammer or Heay Warhammer and maybe a ranged weapon of some sort, or a greatsword for when they are in melee.
The Knights would be harder to find a good armor for, but I guess I would follow the example set by Forlorn Hope, just in the yellow/black theme. You could always change the stats and cost of the "Yellow" Plate Armor to fit the need, as no other troop uses it (IIRC). Sadly there aren't a caped plate armor for them and my modding skill are less a useful (they would look cool in a Yellow and Black Caped Heavy Mettenheim Armor while wielding a Masterwork Mettenheim Dueling Sword)  :cry:
The last thing you need to do now, is to make a Mettenheim banner for the game, so that you and your new "Ordo Mettenheim" can use it :grin:

If I can figure out how to cheat with gold, then I might try making an order tomorrow just to see if it is possible.

Making a Custom Order that is essentially Mettenheim troops is the endgame goal. But you need a quali and a fief to start one to begin with and it takes about 1-2 ingame years and a LOT of gold before your CKHO is more or less ready for battle. You also can't join your CKHO, which is what the discussion is mainly about.

M0rdred said:
Are you saying Klaus is not regal in bearing?

It's a very fluffy armor more suitable for parades and standing still looking cool than for actual battle with heavy weapons. It looks good but so huge and decorated that kinda ruins immersion.

What is the deal in keeping those varius loot chests? I also got a gold bar in a town chest...it has some purpose?

I would say that I feel for you for losing against the Eventide, but after you were so quick to dismiss them, and even suggested those wretched Singalians would be of more use to you, I have to admit the outcome of the battle did provide me with some satisfaction :twisted:.

Better luck next time, and they did let you keep Freddy, so how bad can they really be?

Back
Top Bottom