Legit question for the developers

Users who are viewing this thread

DainMorgot

Sergeant
Today, sunday, I have played a total of 15 matches so far. 6 of those matches I played as Aserai, 4 as Khuzait, 2 as Battanians, 2 as Empire and 1 as Sturgians.

My favourite factions to play are Vlandians and Sturgians because of the infantry, and infantry is my favourite archetype and so it was in warband. My most hated factions are Aserai followed by the empire for the reason above but in reverse, I dont like their infantry. You can say empire has decent infantry with the pilas but still not my playstyle, I also dislike their shortsword.

As you can see, only 1 of the 15 matches I have played today put me in the feet one of my favourite factions, which is the Sturgia one. I have not played as Vlandians at all today.

So my question is: What exactly do think is going to happen if the enjoyment of someone is based on total RNG? Because we cant customize our playstyle in depth when it comes to factions to the extend of actually making a class we want to play so it's up to the game to decide randomly what we play.

This is not a class-hate thread even though I do hate it, but don't you think that factions + forced classes based on RNG in the game is going to get boring QUICKLY for the players? Dont get me wrong, I semi-enjoyed these 15 matches but it's always that 'meh' feeling. So why exactly should I play a game where I cant choose anything? And dont tell me ''go play something else'', I paid 50 euros for this game, I deserve to enjoy it.

Don't expect anything to happen, taleworlds don't care or they are just too slow at their job, personally when valorant comes out this will be uninstalled and ill wait for private servers so unpaid modders can do a better job of it.

According to someone or something I heard through the grapevine that the Devs can skew the match ups right now so that more people play the factions they are actively trying to collect data on.

This was fairly obvious a month ago when it was nothing but Khuzait vs Empire for me and others, then they nerfed the Menavlions and stuff.

Same issue here. I made a post yesterday as well. In about 25 matches i got aserai vs khuzaits time and time again for about 20 matches.I literally had a khuzaits vs khuzaits match. I can understand that i can't possibly play everytime the faction i want to but playing the same factions over and over again is at least boring not to say even obnoxious and kills any fun MP has to offer.

If thats true that devs do that, then this is pathetic. I did not pay 50 euros to beta test specific factions. For **** sake.

Thanks for the feedback. Here is how current faction selection works:
  1. All the factions put in a bag 2 times each (6 factions, 12 names).
  2. Every game, 2 from the bag is selected randomly.
  3. Once bag is empty, go back to 1 and repeat.
Here is faction play count data for skirmish mode we gathered for sometime on e1.4.0 patch to see the situation:
Vlandia: 2700, Battania: 2672, Sturgia: 2633, Khuzait: 2590, Empire: 2599, Aserai: 2618

The small difference in numbers is due to all modes sharing the pool and crashes. It seems like it is working as expected. However, given enough number of games opening frequently, it would feel like totally random for players. This can be either solved on the scheduling side automatically or by letting players choose. First would be harder to implement, would require more resources and wouldn't be as good. I personally prefer second for these reasons but I don't know the plans regarding that.

Thanks for the feedback. Here is how current faction selection works:
  1. All the factions put in a bag 2 times each (6 factions, 12 names).
  2. Every game, 2 from the bag is selected randomly.
  3. Once bag is empty, go back to 1 and repeat.
Here is faction play count data for skirmish mode we gathered for sometime on e1.4.0 patch to see the situation:
Vlandia: 2700, Battania: 2672, Sturgia: 2633, Khuzait: 2590, Empire: 2599, Aserai: 2618

The small difference in numbers is due to all modes sharing the pool and crashes. It seems like it is working as expected. However, given enough number of games opening frequently, it would feel like totally random for players. This can be either solved on the scheduling side automatically or by letting players choose. First would be harder to implement, would require more resources and wouldn't be as good. I personally prefer second for these reasons but I don't know the plans regarding that.

Thanks for the answer, so technically it is RNG, the problem though is that it gets boring very quick to play factions you dont like. It was like this in warband aswell but with the implemented class system it makes it very dull to play factions you dont like and on top of that classes you do not like. The statistics you've written seem very well balanced but still, I get khuzait and aserai all the time which I do not like and it kills my will to play further to be quite honest. Mainly because I do not like their classes.

If you let people pick factions then everyone will want to choose the stronger factions and obviously nobody will play Aserai or any other weak faction.

System is fine the way it is.

If you let people pick factions then everyone will want to choose the stronger factions and obviously nobody will play Aserai or any other weak faction.

Uh, what. So your happy for auto win/loss depending on the faction match ups :eek:

But if everyone picks the strong factions then we have balanced matches.

I feel like the devs will get a pretty good idea on which factions need to be improved if nobody ever plays them. For the overall fun of the multiplayer experience I'd rather only play with 2 or 3 factions and never see the weaker ones until they get improved, than having my faction be completely random but still having all the factions present in multiplayer.

@azakhi Is a feature where teams can vote for which faction they want to play as at the beginning of the round something that may be planned to add in the future?
i like this idea to, let players choose factions while loading and let the top 2 get put in. i only like vlandia and sturgia, i WOULD like empire if i could choose what weapon i wanted as infantry but with classes thats not gonna happen. so when its not my favorite faction and im forced to use the factions crappy weapon.... well you can guess how my enjoyment would be for that game. its more of a chore to play that match than it is to enjoy it as an actual game i payed for

I feel like the devs will get a pretty good idea on which factions need to be improved if nobody ever plays them. For the overall fun of the multiplayer experience I'd rather only play with 2 or 3 factions and never see the weaker ones until they get improved, than having my faction be completely random but still having all the factions present in multiplayer.

I thought at first, it would be pretty bad for players that like "weaker" factions, but you are absolutely right, if there would be factions that never get chosen, they just need to get improved. I support the idea of letting players choose the factions!

The system is far from fine. People cannot have fun because of classes which are directly tied to factions. Forcing specific playstyles is not accurate for data gathering either, as mentioned above:
I feel like the devs will get a pretty good idea on which factions need to be improved if nobody ever plays them.

Back
Top Bottom