Need More Info Launcher Unresponsive

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.9
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: I rolled the game back to 1.2.8 because I wanted to try Banner Kings at which point the game launched normally via the BLSE launcher from vortex and I managed to play for a while. After turning on the computer the next day and trying the start the game the launcher did not materialize - or did because I saw the gauntlet cursor and a blank tab on the taskbar but only for a few seconds after which it ended. Long story short; I have since deleted all mods, deleted all Bannerlord files in the ProgramData and %appdata, deleted the configs, performed multiple reinstalls of the game, deleted the shader caches, reinstalled and repaired .net frameworks/C++ runtime libraries, basically every solution ever listed in the forums and the internet and still no launcher. I can manually start the game by running the Bannerlord.exe in the Bin file but even then the game is extremely laggy and unplayable not to mention no mods can be loaded. Also to note is that the steam cloud is unlinked, Onedrive is not running (so no rogue documents travelling there as opposed to the C drive), and all game and mod files had security exceptions so that antivirus or other security measures wouldn't tamper with them. I am at my wits' end, I can't even play an unmodded session of the game in the main branch.

Despite the extremely slow performance of the game there is nothing I can discern in the crash logs, but the launcher logs are as follows:

Loading assembly: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Steam.dll

Assembly load result: SUCCESS
Could not initialize Steam
Can't reset context
Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'ptr')
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr ptr, Type t)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadFunction[T](String name)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadExtensions()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsContext.CreateContext(ResourceDepot resourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsForm.InitializeGraphicsContext(ResourceDepot resourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.StandaloneUIDomain.Update()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.MessageLoop()
Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'ptr')
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr ptr, Type t)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadFunction[T](String name)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadExtensions()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsContext.CreateContext(ResourceDepot resourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsForm.InitializeGraphicsContext(ResourceDepot resourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.StandaloneUIDomain.Update()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.MessageLoop()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.Start()
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.Program.Main(String[] args)

Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce 1050 ti
GPU Driver Version: 551.61
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600
RAM: 32 GB (2x16 GB Corsair Sticks)
Motherboard: MSI B650 PRO-S Wifi
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):1 TB SSD

It is probably mod related issue. We can try a clean install as well.
To help you fix the issue you are experiencing, please try the clean install method. The clean install method is removing every single game-related file from your computer and reinstalling the game. Why do you need to remove the game when you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or add contents to the existing modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure files are unchanged. You can find more information about how to do a clean install here.

I did a clean install but the issue still persists. I deleted every single file in the modules, manually uninstalled the mods from vortex, uninstalled the game and deleted all the remaining files in both the root directory and other assorted locations (like ProgramData and %appdata) and still no launcher. I even uninstalled vortex at one point to see if it was interfering with the launcher or the game or whatnot. Is there anything else that I may be missing?

Back
Top Bottom