land owning and loans question

Users who are viewing this thread

katie916

Recruit
what exactly does this land owning do for you
is it better to buy it upfront or take over the city frist

and loans
if i take out a loan and never repay it what happens

Just invested 1150 for one acre. You get 115 every two weeks so in 20 weeks you'll have return on investment. Much faster return than 30 weeks for a brewery assuming you earn 500 per week. Only drawback is you have to come and collect it yourself.

If you are hostile to the faction it must work the same as with breweries, no income.

You could try and see what happens if you dont repay your loan, my guess it would mean renown loss.

what is the differnce between the land owning
and buying cultivated land what ever its called second part of it

how does one increase prosperity of that city

caravans i decided to take a look to see how it was normaly i leave them alone
waggons are in a circle but the troops run away from it to engage me
you would think they would want to gaurd there goods

Well, I post here information that said Duh (system creator). I hope this help to understand system

This Bank system was inspired by the Bank of Calradia v2.0 by Garnier, Keedo420 and lazeras. My system is a complete rework and aims to better fit the athmosphere of a medieval setting. It consists of 2 key parts - Moneylenders, which allow you to borrow money based on your relationship with the city and your standing in the realm and Landowners, which will sell you land based on the towns prosperity. The entire land system is heavily influenced by prosperity and population in a city

As you can see the capitols are getting a random population of 18000-22000 people (1000-10.000 in brytenwalda), while other cities are assigned a value between 8000-12000 folks (400-2000 in Brytenwalda). Over the course of the game this can change, because population remains dynamic (based on prosperity) and i did not put any more regulation on it than: no larger than 30000, no smaller than 5000. What you can also see in this code section is the amount of acres a town begins with - the thought is rather simple, this land is supposed to be able to support a cities population and i decided that 1 acre can support 200 people. A town will begin with sufficient land for its people.

As long as the prosperity is between 40 and 60, there is no change, as soon as it goes above or beyond the following happens:

Prosperity - 60 (or 40) / 50 * 3 = change multiplier Change multiploer * Population / 100 = Change in population

After this bit, it continues to calculate land demand and consequences due to that. 200 people warrant 1 acre of land - so if the population grows the AI will eventually build more acres (every 2 weeks) or remove them, though the removal of land will only happen if there is a surplus of 20 acres compared to what is needed to support the population. The consequences for the player are a different matter - here we dont automatically buy or sell land, but alter the money he gets based on supply and demand. If all is in balance, the player receives a rent of X (Prosperity - 50 + 100 - Surplus) denars for every acre he owns - if a surplus exists, every acre above the required amount causes a penalty of -1 , which is applied to the overall rent of all acres, should the surplus be larger than 15 acres then the acres outside of the 15 surplus range are not rented anymore and the player has to pay upkeep for them (50 denars each). All his other acres receive the calculated X denars rent instead of 100. I am not entirely happy with the surplus penalty or even the entire supply and demand system for acres - so there might be change in the future. In fact, do contact me, if you come up with a good system that offers both a reasonable chance of revenue as well as some risk.

Addtionally to this 2 week trigger, there is also a 1 hour trigger, which handles debt.

So the reason why my income for 10 acres of cultivated land in one of the city drop from 1100 a week(a month not sure) to 980 because of the prosperity dropping?

So pretty much instead of an actual banking system like today's, in Brytenwalda you can become a dark age real estate agent. lol

But seriously, if you bought land (if it was needed) in a weak, war ridden town, the possibility that the town is going to generate more income after the war, after some period of time, or during any time of peace, could potentially give you more money. Over all if you got the money, it's a smart thing to do because you're almost like a tax collector; you go door to door (town to town) and collect your money. I would guess after a while and a lot of investment, no matter how much it is, it will all at one time become profit.  :cool:

Noveras said:
So the reason why my income for 10 acres of cultivated land in one of the city drop from 1100 a week(a month not sure) to 980 because of the prosperity dropping?
Most likely, yes.

I have a question: If you accumulate 2 weeks worth of money on land, and you don't get there to collect until 4 weeks later, do you get 4 weeks or just the 2? I'm guessing the 4, but I haven't played for a while. :p

mmh, I might come back to you on that. I have recently started a new game, which I as a matter of fact, plan on winning. (aka, capturing Brittania and Hibernia.)

I have bought, ehh, 30 acres of land by now? along with a brewery and a small village I am more than able to cover my expenses. But the land I have bought in a city is more as a way of covering my expenses, than earning actual money.

Idibil said:
I am interesting in know players opinion for balance is this feature.

If you get money too early (and too money), maybe it is need ajust times and quantity. Do this feature game too easy?

I think that's a really good feature, but, personnally, I'd like :
-If the playe clears lands, the town has a bonus of prosperity (if that's a merchant who pay and not the lord or govrenor, etc. The lord would have more income :wink:)
-Ver big idea : player cans add cereals in inventory (like winery etc) but peoples will don't like him (famine -> decrease prospserity), and the lord will interfere (differents cases, by caracters) ^^

The actuals feautrues are +/- perfects, for me :smile:

I am fairly certian that without owning land the game would be way too hard. I have one city, five castles, and villiages but the cost of protecting them is crazy. Then Tax Inefficiecy is like 9,000 gone...I wish there was a way to change this....

Drythis said:
I have a question: If you accumulate 2 weeks worth of money on land, and you don't get there to collect until 4 weeks later, do you get 4 weeks or just the 2? I'm guessing the 4, but I haven't played for a while. :p

I answered my own question. Yes, it will continue to accumulate.

armyman_83 said:
I am fairly certian that without owning land the game would be way too hard. I have one city, five castles, and villiages but the cost of protecting them is crazy. Then Tax Inefficiecy is like 9,000 gone...I wish there was a way to change this....

I hear that. Just having a strong 100+ man army with 1 castle and 2 villages is hard enough. I believe that investing your money into enterprises and land are the only way to stay afloat the larger you get. I mean the cost of soldiers alone...

Well, I got an army of roughly 91 men constantly, I am the ruler of a single village, I have a brewery and 30 acres of land in a city. The brewery along with the fiefs taxes can almost systain my army (its made out of ****, from top to buttom.) the land makes for the last bit. Looting however is clearly my primary source of income. A cattle herd of 12 can earn you a metric ****ton if you sell the hides and meat in 3-4 cities. I usualy just keep it to 3 at max.

I find tanneries more profitable than breweries: you just have to pillage villages and slay all the cow herds to gain some free hide to be put in the tannery inventory.

I am ashamed to admit, but I couldnt afford that at the time :razz: And I just needed to get some stuff going, and fast.  :mrgreen:

mikkel the great said:
Well, I got an army of roughly 91 men constantly, I am the ruler of a single village, I have a brewery and 30 acres of land in a city. The brewery along with the fiefs taxes can almost systain my army (its made out of ****, from top to buttom.) the land makes for the last bit. Looting however is clearly my primary source of income. A cattle herd of 12 can earn you a metric ****ton if you sell the hides and meat in 3-4 cities. I usualy just keep it to 3 at max.

Yeah I agree, hunting has made me the most money too, and I own 50 acres of land.

Back
Top Bottom