Known things that will cause you to CTD or Lag heavily!

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a problem.Everytime I go to battle or sometimes few minutes in battle, game CTD and I see RGL error :

rglerror.jpg

I tried to decrease graphics and  install Visual C++ but without success.

My PC :

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200  CPU 2,53Ghz RAM 4Gb

NVIDIA Geforce GTX  460

Windows ultimate 7 32bit

But when a I had Windows XP, I hadn't many problems with this mod  :cry:

Wulfrik said:
I have a problem.Everytime I go to battle or sometimes few minutes in battle, game CTD and I see RGL error :

rglerror.jpg

I tried to decrease graphics and  install Visual C++ but without success.

My PC :

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200  CPU 2,53Ghz RAM 4Gb

NVIDIA Geforce GTX  460

Windows ultimate 7 32bit

But when a I had Windows XP, I hadn't many problems with this mod  :cry:
i wasnt reading the stickies,so excuse me if this solution is in the stickies

right click on  the warband icon and take a look at  compatibility

idk if this is off topic but... i have a laptop with an amd 1.6 ghz processer and a laptop with a 2.1 intel dual core processer. The amd one plays MB smoother and at a higher graphics setting than the intel one. Anyone know why this is?

I find it very useful and never saw it before because it was hidden in the depths of this archive. If this wasn't mentioned in one of those sticky threads I think this one should become a sticky one. In case it is it is still hiding pretty well, at least I didn't found the info until now.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

tnx a lot....yeah everything runs smooth now without a glitch on veryhigh settings, even with 150 corpses and unlimited ragdolls...secret is in force single threading...tnx again (win7, I3 4gb ram, 1gb GC ati hd)
make this sticky plz

I have tried everything now, and I give up. Game still crashes, and dont give any errors, it just frezzes and then it says M&B stopped working... shame cose its a nice mod. I only hope that solution with system wont mess up my other games  :evil:

There's my PC perhaps u will see some co-relations with others. I literraly tried everything.

AMD athlon 64 2x 5.0, 2.5 gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5670 saphire

I cant find how to tick Load textures on demand.... i go to configure... and look for it everywhere... but cant find it...

I don't remember what was the reason of the lag at world map but there's nothing you can do about it... At least I haven't found a way to decrease it in any way.

what about lag on the world map?

This lag is caused by the huge map and the AI trying to find the path on it and all the other scripts that run while moving the overland map....yeah, nothing you can do about it. Or have a NASA supercomputer in a cluster with other supercomputers or may be have the Taleworlds team rewrite the pathfind algorhythm or some other probably impossible things. The next release has a better map though where there are not too many obstacles to calculate with and where lag belongs to the past.  :cool:

Ritter Dummbatz said:
what about lag on the world map?

This lag is caused by the huge map and the AI trying to find the path on it and all the other scripts that run while moving the overland map....yeah, nothing you can do about it. Or have a NASA supercomputer in a cluster with other supercomputers or may be have the Taleworlds team rewrite the pathfind algorhythm or some other probably impossible things. The next release has a better map though where there are not too many obstacles to calculate with and where lag belongs to the past.  :cool:
Hurray!

Kinsume,
I just wanted to say thank you so and very MUCH!!
Thx a lot for such a clear and exaustive free guide.
You solved most of my players/supporters problems, even if I warned them with similar advises....but for sure my english is not as good as yours. :grin:
Ciao
Gabby :wink:

I just downloaded this mod and I really love it. I can live with crashes, thats no real problem for me. But I hate that the game often crashes right after a battle when I try to safe. This is soo annoying, after a nice battle without any crash the game freezes when I want to safe.
Is there some kind of fix/solution for this? I did the "Textures on Demand" and "Force Single Threading" thingy.

did you try searching the board with "fix" or "solution"? or at least looking at the stickies?

Thank you for the advice it help a lot in my game

so making a summary on how to reduce lag or eliminating it!

1- go to the rgl_config.txt in Mount and blade Warband in the documents, set the render_buffer_size to 500
( this alone will increase performance and reduce lag )

2- enable "Force single trading" ( it help)

3- enable "load texture on demand) (daa!)

4- set frame rate to 65 or 70 ( I use 65)

5- put the resolution to the 16 bits

6- lower your graphics options like anti_aliasing and the battle size (obviously)

and finely!!

7- change to Directx7! (seriously f##k Directx9, this will practicably ELIMINATE lag! yes I know the Colors on the letters looks terrible and the chairs and tables look like there maid of cardboard BUT what matters is the Battles! theres really is Little difference, you can make it up by increasing the texture level, battle size, etc and theres still no lag! I got expected performance at 105, battle size at 115 and the frappes go like 29 to 41 no lag and the lag on the campaign map is no more!

8 - use this instructions for better gaming performance, well more for the crashes (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.htmlI)

9 - go to Nvidia Control Panel, manage 3D settings, programs settings, select Mount and Blade and set the Maximun Pre-renderd frames to 0 ( I think it increases frame rats )

And now to optimize

I hilly recommended Game Booster, it shutdowns application and services for you, not to mention that it keeps your graphics drivers updated for you and you can also defragment game folders( it useful when you install patches or moods because the files aren't place the way they should be) and many more, not do mention that you could keep an eye on the processor usage and ram usage.

well this help for me, op it does for you tow!

Before you did that, somebody please help me.

I don't know what happened to my PC, but I can't change anything in rgl_config.txt at all.

I may try to change them, but when I run WB and look at rgl_config.txt again everything I changed will be reset.

It happened to many other games too. Some games didn't even allowed me to adjust the graphic option.

Back
Top Bottom