Known things that will cause you to CTD or Lag heavily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version 1.134 shouldn't be a problem for pre10.

Since you have 1.134 you are fully qualified to run the SVN version of the game.  :cool:

It has so many new features, textures and is worked out far more. They even included new bugs!
May be it is a good idea.  :razz:

Downloaded the SVN version.

I get CTD on occasion when attempting to wait at a city and sometimes after a battle.

Diasabled HDR, enabled force single threading, enabled load texture as needed.

Still the same.

I will try playing it in directx 7 and see if that helps.

Did you see this thread?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

May be it helps. Waiting inside a town with a crash doesn't really sound healthy.

i think that OP said that in the 1st post. generally, multi-threading used to crap the app out if the 3gb switch wasn't used.

Performance (not CTD) related:

Also I had massive stuttering in game, which I found out was caused by the blood being turned on. basically every time I was riding towards an enemy unit and I was about to hit him the game would pause for up to 1-2 seconds (mostly during larger battles). It no longer does this when I turn off the show blood option.

In general, with native, I had the load textures on demand option off to avoid stuttering, but with mods that have a large amount of textures this isn't possible and will result in CTD. The best thing is to turn off blood (only when you experience strong stuttering in-game during combat).

Also turning off virus shields helps boost performance.

Hey guys,

I've recently been playing the SVN version, and i keep getting the same problem i posted above, i've read all the threads about fixes, and they are not helping.

Problem: Crashes to desktop after entering cities, EVERY TIME. it's not a random bug, it happens EVERY time, with EVERY city.

Fixes i've found so far: i keep haveing to Redownload the SVN version... over... and over... and over.... so reinstalling the Mod all together works.... but the bug comes back for seemingly no reason...

i'm running the game with the system proformance at 100% and i've even tried setting the options to the lowest settings, and nothing is helping. As i've said i've followed all the other threads and they've done nothing.

The game will work fine for awhile, and then this will happen, it's diffrent eatch time, and there is seemingly no connection. this is one of my Favorite mods, and haveing to take an hour and a half to reinstall it 2-3 times a day is extreamly annoying and i'm at the point of giveing up.

I've tried reinstalling M&B all together, deleteing all files and information and all mods, and reinstalling the SVN version. And the problem came back after about a day...

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated

yes. and i did everything it said to do. application memory allocation, and VM. (which i actually changed a long time ago, but this made it alittle more clear, and helped with what exactly to set the specs to.)

Did you try a reinstall of the game not just the module? Especially if you haven't reinstalled after you patched it to 1.134 it seems to help.

Ok well, after a lot of trial and error i seem to have fixed my problem.

Running Revision 9 of the subversion.

Anyways, for future refferance incase anyone else has the same problem here is what i did

#1: Compleatly reinstalled Mount and Blade (only took about 30 minutes with steam)
#2: Ran a system Refrag (twice) (now this part took awhile)
#3: Redownloaded the latest subversion and ran the mod

Problem seems to be gone.... i've been playing for about 2 days now without any problems what so ever, except for the Random Crashes, but i don't think there is any way to fix all of the crashes.

*UPDATE*
oooook so i downloaded Revision 10 today.... I must say the new horns are kind'a silly... but thats not why i'm here, i'm getting a major Script error with this patch, and it goes by over and over and doesnt stop. also the Game is crashing waaaaaaaaaay more frequently then before........ i Swear, obviously i'm just not ment to play this mod...

It's one of those Invalid Faction ID and some other Random Mumbo. i'll get a Screen shot when i can.

Done everything on the OP as well as here
Ritter Dummbatz said:
Did you see this thread?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Still getting random crashes every minute or so, will post specs later if time allows it, all I remember on the fly is that I have a quad core and 3GB of ram.

May be your specs if you will post them make it clear that your grafic card sucks at this point. With a quadcore I guess you run a 64-bit system which would be a good thing, 3GB should be enough to be able to play the game without a crash every minute.
If you read through all the threads that give hints on how to improve your settings there isn't much else that can be done except for rewriting the game code or buying a better computer. Well, at least I ran out of clues...

Back
Top Bottom