Kneeling

Users who are viewing this thread

Kneeling with a shield would also make you far less-likely to be hit by an arrow, seeing as an even smaller portion of your body is exposed. Also, it should help you brace against oncoming melée attacks, and the "stun factor" would last a fraction of a second longer. And, as previously mentioned, it'd be nice for pike formations. I think this idea can be used rather nicely for both fighting and roleplaying.

Yes, like you say, it would work well for both fighting and Roleplaying.
Also, i think you might make it so when/if you are hit be a horse, that you fall backwords, I'm not saying when the horse hits your spear/pike, i mean if your a crossbowmen and you get hit by a horse, you fall backwords, and have to get up.

And also the shielding of soldiers kneeling may prevent cavalry from just doing charge damage on your soldiers. If you give the infantry spears, it become even more potent of a formation. As far as AI go, AI don't even jump at all, yet we still have this feature, so kneeling could be the same. I also agree that in certain formations, you could make the AI kneel.

All in all, ADD THE FEATURE!, there are no problems with it :smile:

Well, since this thread is already dug and bumped...

Marin Peace Bringer said:
Note, I have knelt and tested this and I was able to move my pike, from side to side, easily and as fast as I could move the pike while standing.

YOU HAVE A PIKE?

Amroth said:
I like it.  Could also kneel behind a pavise shield...

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps the two suggestions could work under the same mechanics. Pavise shield goes out when kneeling. Easy as pie. Don't have a shield? Just kneel.

Question: Would characters be able to torque their bodies 360 degrees when kneeling, or would they be limited in their turning like in horse archery? It would be silly if a pikeman could stop a horses charge from a 90 degree angle.

Back
Top Bottom