B Oriental Kengeki Gaiden

Users who are viewing this thread

this mods amazing
i was unhappy with the armor selection so i took the sarranid guard armor and made this
barnabywarband.png

Hey guys,

I really like the mod and I've been playing a lot last night (didn't get much sleep because of it  :razz:). I registered on the forum just to write on this thread - even If I've been playing Mount and Blade from a beta stage :smile:

Anyway, I wanted to ask if it was possible to alter the jump animations so it creates a more dynamic gameplay. Specifically - when you run and jump to move you a little faster forward than it does now and to remove that pause at the end - where you have no control of the character. The end goal will be to be able to keep moving fast by jumping - something resembling an 'anime ninja' - is this too much? Don't know if you are against these fantasy alterations.  Also - it would be nice if a similar thing will happen when jumping back - a more hasty retreat from the assailing enemies.

Another thing that will receive a big impact will be the usage of horses. If I'm playing a Shinobi I'm not really fond of using a horse. But if I'm not, I'm quickly swarmed by the infantry or peppered by the archers (cause I'm a much slower moving target). With this modification it could really make the game more 'gamey' maybe but at the same time more fun (to me at least).

To keep this in check - you could verify the burden of the character - if you are lightly armored you can move fast. If you put a heavy armor - you should get a horse if you want to move at a fast pace.

What do you guys think?

P.S.
Also I don't know if these things are modified directly from the animations or from some variables in the code (it will be so cool to be the later)

Having no pause when jumped would be nice. Also really like the Naruto references in this mod (The running and Kunai etc.). Would be perfect for a Naruto mod :razz:.

Think about it, you could have this for example:

If being just a multiplayer Naruto mod the below could work out.

First release would be a submod, so only focussing on a small portion of the Anime. Invasion of Pain Arc would be great for example.

In that situation there would be two factions:Konoha and Pain.

Pain: 7 Players Max. 1 Player max for each "Character" class. The player will be forced to look like the anime character their representing. (6 Paths of Pain and Konan)

So an example of one of the Classes for Pain
- Deva Path.
*Shinra Tensei (Pushes enemies away around you, knocking them down, and causes damage depending on distance.)
* Banso Tenin (Pulls enemies towards you, knocking them down)
* Chibaku Tensei ("Trows" a small orb, all enemies around it within a certain distance will be pulled towards it)
* Levitation (Bear Force II style.)
* Chakra Blade

Konoha: No Player Limit. 1 Player limit for each Character "Class"

So after picking Konoha you have to select either Character or General Ninja. If you pick character you will look like the character and only be able to pick out of their attacks.

So for example a Character Ninja:
- Sage Naruto
* Rasengan (If it hits it does a lot of damage and trows enemies backwards knocking them to the ground)
* Rasenrengan (Rasengan showing it both armes, same effect but more damage then ordinary Rasengan, 1 hit kills)
* Fuuton: Rasenshuriken (Trows it, where it hits it creates a "explosion" 1 hit kills)
* Kage Bunshin (Summons a clone with the same abilities as you)
* Tajuu Kage Bunshin (Summons several clones with the same abilities as you)
* Summoning Frogs (Can summon a large AI frog (It will be as large as possible without making it unhitable at certain points) which attacks enemies, it may also use special techniques at random)
* Kunai
* Shuriken
* Smokebomb

And a General Ninja:
- Konoha Ninja (Only forced armor for accurate looks)
* Kunai
* Shuriken
* Smokebomb
* Elemental Chakra Attacks (Have to specify on your element after picking a Ninja)

-------

What would make combat unique is the unique mobility and agility people have, having no pause after jumping and just increased genereal swiftness. However the players and attacks would be slowed down a bit, to make it possible to react to it in time.

Ofcourse there would also be unique buildings and maps to set the mood right.

Also making it unique would be a "Chakra" gauge below your health. (Again, Bear Force II style) Certain attacks need Chakra, so as you use them Chakra depletes. If you have 0 Chakra you can't use those attacks anymore. You regain Chakra if you kill a enemy Character so you would have to use it wisely. When using a Chakra attack you make a certain animation, leaving you open for a short time so its not really viable to use in close combat. To avoid Jump spam (It will be quicker to move with jumping), jumping should also deplete the Chakra bar. (At a very small cost ofcourse)

Whats also unique is that your Ninja has a certain elemental affinity (Or multiple for Character players). So a player having Earth affinity will get more damage if hit with a Lightning Attack for example.

The combat would make it most unique. With Melee, Ranged attacks but also powerfull Chakra attacks to mix things up. Melee while unarmed would also do more damage to reflect the combat. There will also be new unarmed melee animations to fit with the mood. A Kick will now do more damage and knocks opponents down. Damage will be "Realistic", so its easy to die and you need to rely on skill to survive.

Most special would be the the special characters, they will be stronger then general Ninja that people can be however its still skill and techniques which can make you win.

Pretty sure above is all possible, sadly I can't mod myself or I would've started such a mod already. Just feels it has a lot of potential, seeing all the unique traits no other mods have.  :razz:

It tells me to "Couldnt load textures/bla bla" while entering into multiplayer, any hotfix up there?

in my late game some armor,clothes and throw sword are disappear from the shop. how can i fix this?
sorry for my bad english skill.

itsaraofgod said:
in my late game some armor,clothes and throw sword are disappear from the shop. how can i fix this?
sorry for my bad english skill.

It's not that they disappear, they just can't be seen since their color is black and some items don't have texture and color because it's what they really is. Such as the Mental Power: it is a shield that has no color, texture, and 3d model because we assume that it is a "Mental Power".
And since some of the items are black, they can't be seen because the bgcolor of the shop is also black. So it would be a camouflage. But if you would just try to mouse over, you can see its details.

aronccs said:
Angry Farmers? LOL  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yeah, at first I also LOLed about Angry Farmers on our mod. I will be also suggesting to our main modder on replacing that race.

Good thing it wasn't angry birds.

I have just downloaded the mod yesterday after a few months break playing the M&B. The mod is awesome - especially animations. And it is not bugged like other modes (Shogun). The choice of weapons is awesome: I like O-Dachis and Ninja armor - and here they are. So first of all thanks for the great work.

But since I had a lot of experience playing other mods, I would like to share my thoughts on the possible improvements:

Realism (I know it is rather a cinematic mod, but this concerns fighting mechanics):
1) Shurikens overpowered (both range and damage). Originally this weapon is not designed to deliver lots of damage, but to cause pain and destraction.
2) Connected to the first one  :roll: - the scripted injury shock would solve the problem. When the enemy recieves lots of non-lethal damage he is likely to be stuned for several seconds. Would be nice for the non-lethal katana strikes too, since this looks stupid when you deliver the swing to the opponent's body and he continues atacking you like nothing happened. This kind of injury was implemented in the 1866 mod for the first M&B - so that the bullet injury would stun enemies like in the films, when they got shot at and stay there looking where to fall down  :grin:. Fits with the samurai theme pretty well too. Just look for the proper code in the 1866.
3) Thrown wakizashi can't do more damage than a thrusting atack by it hand-held. This is just not right.  :eek: Lower the damage - it would still be beneficial to throw wakizashi if you implement no. 2. since it will stun the opponent giving you some time to get in close and finish him with the katana strike.
4) I believe, that the large (two handed only) swords are under-powered (those should by no means do less damage vs. naginatas ect. - since naginatas were designed as the cheaper versions of large swords). Maybe you can tweak this a bit to make them usefull - at present they are not better than the best one/two handed katanas, though obviously longer (which in my book means more damage due to the wider arc of the strike).

Shields:
Using off-hand katana and wrist-guard as a shield is fine idea, I love it. But those shouldn't block arrows. You can't block arrows with those really :smile: And there were special shields to protect from arrows in Japan:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM0riIs4Z8rHabkxlBwmZ8QfkxeW6E1NEwl2b1BY91gTmiG5vV
Here is the historical reference link:
http://books.google.ru/books?id=eyMYelZlKekC&pg=PA89&lpg=PA89&dq=medieval+japanese+shields&source=bl&ots=mqxAuufNZ8&sig=TlBlgqLqaq3npjev6EMvrykb5n4&hl=ru&ei=mppnTsrCJIzt-gawhfDuCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CEEQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=medieval%20japanese%20shields&f=false
Basicaly those are the tower shields used during sieges and large battles to protect from arrows. Those should really be introduced into the mod. Make them cumbersome, so that one would want to drop it as soon as he got into the proximity of archers, rather than carry it over the back.

Basicly that's it.  :grin: It would be nice to see the japanesse castles/taverns ect. instead of the european ones though.
Thanks for the great work again.

Constantinus said:
I have just downloaded the mod yesterday after a few months break playing the M&B. The mod is awesome - especially animations. And it is not bugged like other modes (Shogun). The choice of weapons is awesome: I like O-Dachis and Ninja armor - and here they are. So first of all thanks for the great work.

But since I had a lot of experience playing other mods, I would like to share my thoughts on the possible improvements:

Realism (I know it is rather a cinematic mod, but this concerns fighting mechanics):
1) Shurikens overpowered (both range and damage). Originally this weapon is not designed to deliver lots of damage, but to cause pain and destraction.
2) Connected to the first one  :roll: - the scripted injury shock would solve the problem. When the enemy recieves lots of non-lethal damage he is likely to be stuned for several seconds. Would be nice for the non-lethal katana strikes too, since this looks stupid when you deliver the swing to the opponent's body and he continues atacking you like nothing happened. This kind of injury was implemented in the 1866 mod for the first M&B - so that the bullet injury would stun enemies like in the films, when they got shot at and stay there looking where to fall down  :grin:. Fits with the samurai theme pretty well too. Just look for the proper code in the 1866.
3) Thrown wakizashi can't do more damage than a thrusting atack by it hand-held. This is just not right.  :eek: Lower the damage - it would still be beneficial to throw wakizashi if you implement no. 2. since it will stun the opponent giving you some time to get in close and finish him with the katana strike.
4) I believe, that the large (two handed only) swords are under-powered (those should by no means do less damage vs. naginatas ect. - since naginatas were designed as the cheaper versions of large swords). Maybe you can tweak this a bit to make them usefull - at present they are not better than the best one/two handed katanas, though obviously longer (which in my book means more damage due to the wider arc of the strike).

Shields:
Using off-hand katana and wrist-guard as a shield is fine idea, I love it. But those shouldn't block arrows. You can't block arrows with those really :smile: And there were special shields to protect from arrows in Japan:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM0riIs4Z8rHabkxlBwmZ8QfkxeW6E1NEwl2b1BY91gTmiG5vV
Here is the historical reference link:
http://books.google.ru/books?id=eyMYelZlKekC&pg=PA89&lpg=PA89&dq=medieval+japanese+shields&source=bl&ots=mqxAuufNZ8&sig=TlBlgqLqaq3npjev6EMvrykb5n4&hl=ru&ei=mppnTsrCJIzt-gawhfDuCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CEEQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=medieval%20japanese%20shields&f=false
Basicaly those are the tower shields used during sieges and large battles to protect from arrows. Those should really be introduced into the mod. Make them cumbersome, so that one would want to drop it as soon as he got into the proximity of archers, rather than carry it over the back.

Basicly that's it.  :grin: It would be nice to see the japanesse castles/taverns ect. instead of the european ones though.
Thanks for the great work again.

Those are some great ideas!

I agree that the shurikens werent large damage dealing projectiles so if the stun script was ever implemented I would look into lowering the damage of them and making them just a device to stun enemies, but as they are now its awesome to throw one across the map and kill something.

I also agree that the thrown wakizashi shouldnt be as powerful as thrust but for the sake of a video game, if they werent made to one hit kill, you would see people walking around with swords in their necks. I would rather be able to see people chucking swords into people killing them off of horses.

The damage on the two handed swords comes down to balance in MP, I know that using the two handed samurai swords in SP seems like they should do more damage but they use the same item ID and so if you changed the two handed sword for SP to do more damage it would make it do more damage in MP, you could make a duplicate of the item, having one for SP and one for MP but it would take a bit a of time to do, and time is limited for me at the moment =/.

The wrist shield blocking arrows is a balance thing for MP for the ninja's.

I would enjoy implementing them but I am currently in school at the moment and am limited on time. If you could get that tower shield modeled and textured I could put it in in less than a couple minutes.

The stun script would take a while to implement as I'm not 100% sure on the source availability at the moment for 1866 in normal M&B.

And as for the buildings I would also want to see them all replaced but, I would need to model and texture them all myself myself or find someone to do them, wo-yo-sensei doesn't want to share any resources.

Montavious said:
Does this work for the latest version of warband?

It should, I haven't tested it, been busy =/, let me know if it doesnt, you can ignore the version mismatch with the installer.

Also, I have released a version of Kengeki Gaiden for Fire and Sword you can check it out here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,189079.0.html

Oh wow, nice mod. Lol, this is nice  :smile: I dont know if its just me, but I cant find bolts anywehere. Crossbows everywhere, but no bolts :shock:

a common bug when playing mods built for WB 1.34 on the current 1.43 version is the absence of certain items in shops.  I know boots are a big one but I believe bolts may be absent as well.  This might explain your problem... Unless you still are playing 1.34, in which case this information is completely useless to you.

The Angry Farmers should just be renamed to Ashigaru, as they are the peasant faction. Angry Farmers just seems a bit off in my opinion, they can be renamed Angry Ashigaru, which would seem a little bit better... Just my two cents.

The Samurai Raiders off of the coast can be renamed to Wako Raiders instead... again not necessary, however samurai rarely traveled by sea.

Oh and btw, this mod is so insane, to me it seems like a standalone game.

Back
Top Bottom