- Best answers
The Kengeki team has seen very few modules for Fire and Sword so we thought we might give you guys a treat.....
Kengeki Gaiden is a fictional Japanese mod set in the 17th Century of Japan.
- Create an immersive fantasy / fictional world
- Different Map
- Different Scenes
- Different lords and troops
- Add more content to MP
- and more!
Team (Always looking for help!):
Thanks to Yuias for coming up with the original Kengeki
Special thanks to the Onin No Ran team for a great deal of the weapons and armor
Dain Ironfoot for his amazing animations
Somebody for trigger code
Shcherbyna - The new SP Map of Japan, troop icons, and scene props
Flyflightflea for the Spear of Bitter Mercy (Seiteki Yari)
Mr. Smiles for the Dragon Bow
Strelocks for the Ice Claymore
Chaosrex for Chaosbearer
Woyo-Sensei for Zanbato
Yellowmosquito for the Banner pack
Papa Lazarou for the Open Animations pack
Rob Sacchetto's Zombie Daily for the zombie banner picture
Imperator3 for the Angel slayer, Sword of Ancient Dragons, Half Moon Steel, Annihilator, Flame Titan and Demon Wing.
Rune88 for Ashikandi Modified
Mason for being the first to want to beta test and giving great feedback and support
Da_Jake for helping test the WFAS installer setup
Jeff Van Dyck - New music
Huun Huur Tu - New music
And the helpful modding community on the Taleworlds Forums.
Please let me know if I missed anyone in the Credits!
Singleplayer - 70%
Multiplayer - 98%
- All SP battle troops are Kengeki style, they also have upgrades like Warband Kengeki, does not include mercenaries
- Multiplayer is just like Warband Kengeki, the captain co-op has also been ported for Kengeki
- The SP Map is similarly shaped like Japan
- There are exploding arrows in SP
- You can have pink, red, green, blue hair depending on your face skin
- SP Troop icons have been replaced with Japanese icons
- Building icons have been replaced with Japanese icons
- Quite a bit more new music when visiting towns, fighting or playing MP
- All Warband Kengeki SP items are in WFAS SP
=======What's Not Done=======
- Remaking all villagers with correct armor and weapons
- The original Fire and Sword dialogue has not been changed
- Most buildings are still from WFAS
- Most NPCs are still dressed like WFAS NPC's
- Kingdom banners (I tried and came close )
- Could not port over the new MP maps from Warband Kengeki (Game and mental limitation :/ )
**** Why are you releasing this so unfinished?
- Busy with real life, college homework can be quite daunting. I don't have the spare
time anymore to work on this, and I wanted to see a download link on the forum topic instead of it
being forever "COMING SOON".
**** Will single player ever be finished?
I hope so, if anyone is ever determined enough to want to have single player done,
shoot me an email and I'll let you work on the source directly.
Email - [email protected]
Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome!
Screen shots -
Working modified Japan map
From the announcement, a milestone / changelog summary of development
September 4th 2011 Update 5:
- All castles should have the Japanese icon now
- Got more music and added it to more parts of the game
- Got sick of seeing the coming soon link on the forum thread so I decided to clean up stuff and release
August 22nd 2011 Update 4:
- Started back into college so I now have less time to work on stuff
- I finally have a beta tester helping me out!
- Increased bot limit in MP to 500 like in Warband
- Changed the grenade skill text to explosives
- Explosive arrows are now working and look awesome! Thank you WFAS grenade script!
August 20th 2011 - Update 3:
- Started MP testing with close friends
- Fixed small bugs
- Tried making the explosive arrows work again
August 17th 2011 - Update 2:
- Changes to multiplayer have stopped its now down to testing
- I've gone full force on porting single player over
- All faction troops and troop upgrades have been converted
- All Village elders have Japanese style clothes
- Work has begun on styling the lords and commanders from the native module
- There is still a ton of dialogue to be converted over, I'd really like someone to help me with that....
- The map of Japan is now implemented, screen shot below. Needs testing to make sure all quests and with towns and cities are accessible
- You can now have pink, blue, green, purple, or red hair
- I've started on converting the parties.txt to source
- Added a throwing pitch fork to MP
- Updated work percentage accordingly
- Items in co-op no longer require a specific wave to be accessed
August 16th 2011 - Update 1:
- Added screen shots of new banners
- 99% of all Kengeki animations have been ported over
- Added new foliage (Some trees have been replaced with sakura trees, some bushes have been replaced with bamboo trees)
- Added in new sky boxes
- Ported over the sounds
- When starting a new game in Kengeki Gaiden WFAS it completely skips the tutorial
- All castles have been changed to a Japanese fortress icon ( http://storage3.static.itmages.ru/i/11/0313/h_1300027556_8f40acb328.jpeg )
- All peasants icons in SP have been changed, same with bandits and the player icon
- Fixed a lot of bugs, bug list is down to 3 things, all of which are just suggestions and features for myself.