SP Antiquity Italia Mod: The Early Roman Republic

Should I include Siciliy in my Italia Mod?

• Include Sicily, add to the fun.

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • Don't include Sicily, its not realistic

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

omzdog

Grandmaster Knight
Italia

The year is approximately 509 BCE and the old Etruscan kings of Rome have all been killed or forced out with the last, Lucius Tarquinius Superbus, in exile. Rome is now an independent city in a sea of rival tribes. It will need to contend with the vast kingdoms of Italy to claim its legitimacy as hegemony of Italia.

Pro Roma!

This mod will focus on the Roman subjugation of its neighboring tribes as well as the Roman Republic. Etrucans, Osci, Sabines, and other Italic tribes will be included as well as the descendants of Ares and Aeneas. I understand that attempts to make a similar mod have been made especially the dead 2nd Punic War mod. Hegemony's awesome mod also had a Roman aspect to it, but I will try to keep it separate from such mods.

Although I don't need too much help, I'll take what I can even if its just ideas. An editor is needed as well as an individual who is able to read the python language, I'm able to do basic scripting for myself.
I currently have Deyshawn moddeling many of my items and well as a few from Morningstar.

Please contact me if you have ideas on what to include or any help you can give me.

-Thanks
Omzdog

this looks good. you might be able to borrow items and scripts from other mods. Do you, by any chance, have need for a modeller?

Deyshawn said:
this looks good. you might be able to borrow items and scripts from other mods. Do you, by any chance, have need for a modeller?

No I do not have a modeller. In fact I don't really have any people helping in this project. I could definitly use your help if thats what you mean.

Tibertus said:
could you move the map south to include Sicily? Or did the Romans historically not take Sicily?

During the time that I'm dealing with, the Romans did not colonize Sicily, Sicily was conquered in the 1st Punic War, about 350 years after my Mod. If people really want me to include it I will try to adjust the map. I'll include a poll

TjoffTjoff said:
When do you think the mod will be done?

(Haven't got a clue how to make a mod, I only play them  :razz: )

It's rude to ask this question to a modder.

@omzdog: You might want to add some blank map space at the south end of the map. If the travel-able area is so close to the end, the player's party icon doesn't stay centered on the screen; it moves up to the corner/edge and is hard to control.

You may want to get in touch with these guys.  http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91  They're doing a rise of rome mod for the total war games and could provide a lot of help with factions, units, gear, etc.  A little later than the time period you mentioned, but seemingly a better match historically to the map you're considering.  Veii was what, 20 miles away? and it took Rome over a century to subdue them.

HardCode said:
TjoffTjoff said:
When do you think the mod will be done?

(Haven't got a clue how to make a mod, I only play them  :razz: )

It's rude to ask this question to a modder.

@omzdog: You might want to add some blank map space at the south end of the map. If the travel-able area is so close to the end, the player's party icon doesn't stay centered on the screen; it moves up to the corner/edge and is hard to control.

Blank map space? You mean like mountains at the end of Sicily or something to block the player from reaching the far end?

Pode said:
You may want to get in touch with these guys.  http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91  They're doing a rise of rome mod for the total war games and could provide a lot of help with factions, units, gear, etc.  A little later than the time period you mentioned, but seemingly a better match historically to the map you're considering.  Veii was what, 20 miles away? and it took Rome over a century to subdue them.

thanks I'll talk to 'em.

Edit: This is perfect thanks again

Is there anything specifically that you need made? I am a decent modeller but I can't texture anything.

Deyshawn said:
Is there anything specifically that you need made? I am a decent modeller but I can't texture anything.

This is good. I have a basic understanding of textures. What do you model? Weapons, shields, or buildings. It would be great if I got some help with roman villas and townhomes, but weapons and shields would be great too. 

omzdog said:
Blank map space? You mean like mountains at the end of Sicily or something to block the player from reaching the far end?

It could be just water. Just make it so there is some map terrain outside the area where the player's party can travel. Imagine the party at a the edge of the map, and the map should have sufficient terrain outside the moveable area so that the player party is still centered on the screen.

HardCode said:
omzdog said:

It could be just water. Just make it so there is some map terrain outside the area where the player's party can travel. Imagine the party at a the edge of the map, and the map should have sufficient terrain outside the moveable area so that the player party is still centered on the screen.

O ya I think I understand what your saying. My map should be ok though, there is a lot of space outside the playable area

omzdog said:
Deyshawn said:

This is good. I have a basic understanding of textures. What do you model? Weapons, shields, or buildings. It would be great if I got some help with roman villas and townhomes, but weapons and shields would be great too. 

If there are any specific reference pictures you want me to use, post them here. I will get started on making some stuff tomorrow.

omzdog said:
O ya I think I understand what your saying. My map should be ok though, there is a lot of space outside the playable area

Okay. I was thinking of the south end of the map, but your map might be big enough that there's more room in the south than appears in the picture.

Deyshawn said:
If there are any specific reference pictures you want me to use, post them here. I will get started on making some stuff tomorrow.

O thank you Deyshawn, your a great help.

HardCode said:
omzdog said:

Okay. I was thinking of the south end of the map, but your map might be big enough that there's more room in the south than appears in the picture.

Yes this is true. some of the map got cut off on the pic.

Depictions for Modeling

One of the most important parts of the mod will be the shields or scuti (scutum sg.):
lie.jpg
clsh.jpg

man.jpg

I'm most interested in the design on the red shields, but to add design variety the design on the blue shield will do great. I'm not sure to add this on the modeling stage or when wrapping the textures.
shield.jpg

THese next shields are the ones used during the Kingdom times of Rome yet I will need them for the other Itallian tribes:
auxil.jpg
horde.jpg

horse.jpg
round.jpg

Thanks again.

Yes, add Sicily (moreover, I AM from Sicily...and most of the fun back in day was south and central Italy)

vorudain said:
Yes, add Sicily (moreover, I AM from Sicily...and most of the fun back in day was south and central Italy)

K I'll add it. I believe its possible to increase the size of the map in Thorgim's map editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom