Is the mod still alive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sunny Beach

Veteran
It seems like there's quite a few browsers at all times, and there being current posts..but I checked, what I'm assuming is the head moderators activity, and he hasn't visited the forums for nearly a month.

Is the mod still being worked on? I'm running into quite a few game breaking bugs, and hoping they can be fixed, as overall I'm loving this mod.

EDIT: Is Saxon the head, or is the MV guy? The Saxon guy is the one I'm referring to as inactive lately.

Its mostly on hold. The devs are still trickling in with a bit of update once every few months but we haven't seen anything for a while. As far as i'm concerned the mod is complete and anything new they post is just gravy (3.6 was quite a nice surprise for me. CKO turned out to be a very nice addition to the 'finished' mod).

bobknight said:
Its mostly on hold. The devs are still trickling in with a bit of update once every few months but we haven't seen anything for a while. As far as i'm concerned the mod is complete and anything new they post is just gravy (3.6 was quite a nice surprise for me. CKO turned out to be a very nice addition to the 'finished' mod).

It's nice you see it as complete, but I seem to keep running into gamebreaking bugs. I can't imagine they came from my TweakMB use, as all I've done is edit how much food is eaten and how quickly fief improvements are completed.

Sunny Beach said:
bobknight said:

It's nice you see it as complete, but I seem to keep running into gamebreaking bugs. I can't imagine they came from my TweakMB use, as all I've done is edit how much food is eaten and how quickly fief improvements are completed.

What kind of bugs? I haven't encountered anything game breaking with my copy and I've tweaked the hell out of it.

bobknight said:
Sunny Beach said:
bobknight said:

What kind of bugs? I haven't encountered anything game breaking with my copy and I've tweaked the hell out of it.

Check out my " This is troublesome " thread. I feel like more will be getting added to it.

None of the pictures show up in that thread, but the only bug I've had is the tavern sound one.  Other then that everything works perfect, and I've put way more time then I care to think about into the game.  Are you sure you have version 3.611 downloaded, and it's a clean download?

AlphaOmega said:
None of the pictures show up in that thread, but the only bug I've had is the tavern sound one.  Other then that everything works perfect, and I've put way more time then I care to think about into the game.  Are you sure you have version 3.611 downloaded, and it's a clean download?

Downloaded latest version today, and applied the hotfix. In the pictures, it shows my men running to the map border the instant the battle begins ( one instance there were a couple of my men outside the barrier outside the map glitchily running around ), my party losing morale ( -31 morale ) when we WIN a battle.

Well it's something with your install. I have hundred of hours played on the latest version and it all works fine.

Although I don't meddle with the occult (aka: no tweaking). TweakMB might be a safe way to do it though, haven't checked the latest version of it.

There is a bug/tech support thread thread btw, no need to keep creating new ones for each issue you encounter.

Even TweakMB has been known to mess up PoP saves due to the amount of things changed in PoP relative to warband...

Sunny Beach said:

First of all, you did not encounter a single gamebreaking bug.
Secondly, you´d be amazed what you can upset by tweaking around. There´s a reason why anything tweaked, modded or otherwisely modified isn´t officially supported by the PoP team.

You brought it upon yourself. Either do a fresh and new install and start a new save, or learn to cope with the problems occuring and doing a proper troubleshoot run.

And always backup your files and the attached savegames BEFORE you change anything. If you don´t you can wreck the corrupted save all along the install.

As for your tavern sound problem, apply a search and check the support thread. This problem has occured in the past and solutions have been presented. Also check the files manually wether or not they sound correctly and your machine is able to play them.

Now some explanation:

Prophesy of Pendor started a long time ago for Mount and Blade 1.011 as a project of Saxondragon alone (who´s a veteran in the IT industry and now focus and teaches game development, behold his newest project!).
The result of this ambition was PoP 1.21 which was an amazing mod around at it´s time. Still, it was a one man concept/work and as such limited. However, it attracted quite al ot of attention of silent, genuis, noisy and cantankerous people who became involved.

The team grew and it resulted in PoP 2.62 or something like that, till Warband came out. And with Warband came a cartload of new possibilities.

So rather than porting over, it was redone for Warband mainly under the guidance of the WB lead programmer Mad Vader and Fawzia-dokhtar-i-Sanjar, which ultimately resulted in PoP 3.611.

See the full credit lists if you´re interested in it, either in the stickified threads here or your manual in your game folder.

So while SD is the father or PoP and main developer, the whole thing and present version is the result of quite a lot of people, of a rare and enthusiastic team. Mad Vader coded large parts of it and quite a few things uniquely for PoP and is probably one of the three or five people (check credits and look up the lead coders) actually understanding how the game works and why it´s a certain bad idea to tweak this or that on your own.

And apart from that probably foaming by reading your complainment about "troublesome gamebreaking bugs". At least I would if I was him. Because I´m pretty sure that most of PoP´s real gamebreaking bugs have been discovered long before you ever played this mod and hunted down and became extinct even before we had the opportunity to locate them doing extensive betatesting.

Yes, SD is the head.
And keep in mind he´s a hard working man with a family, interests and hobbies, something called real life. As such, time becomes a limited resource and needs to be spent wisely.

MV is responsible for most of PoP3.61:WB´s programming and has unique knowledge concerning PoP´s code. He was one of the two main forces behind the port to Warband.

noosers said:
Sunny Beach said:

First of all, you did not encounter a single gamebreaking bug.
Secondly, you´d be amazed what you can upset by tweaking around. There´s a reason why anything tweaked, modded or otherwisely modified isn´t officially supported by the PoP team.

You brought it upon yourself. Either do a fresh and new install and start a new save, or learn to cope with the problems occuring and doing a proper troubleshoot run.

And always backup your files and the attached savegames BEFORE you change anything. If you don´t you can wreck the corrupted save all along the install.

As for your tavern sound problem, apply a search and check the support thread. This problem has occured in the past and solutions have been presented. Also check the files manually wether or not they sound correctly and your machine is able to play them.

Now some explanation:

Prophesy of Pendor started a long time ago for Mount and Blade 1.011 as a project of Saxondragon alone (who´s a veteran in the IT industry and now focus and teaches game development, behold his newest project!).
The result of this ambition was PoP 1.21 which was an amazing mod around at it´s time. Still, it was a one man concept/work and as such limited. However, it attracted quite al ot of attention of silent, genuis, noisy and cantankerous people who became involved.

The team grew and it resulted in PoP 2.62 or something like that, till Warband came out. And with Warband came a cartload of new possibilities.

So rather than porting over, it was redone for Warband mainly under the guidance of the WB lead programmer Mad Vader and Fawzia-dokhtar-i-Sanjar, which ultimately resulted in PoP 3.611.

See the full credit lists if you´re interested in it, either in the stickified threads here or your manual in your game folder.

So while SD is the father or PoP and main developer, the whole thing and present version is the result of quite a lot of people, of a rare and enthusiastic team. Mad Vader coded large parts of it and quite a few things uniquely for PoP and is probably one of the three or five people (check credits and look up the lead coders) actually understanding how the game works and why it´s a certain bad idea to tweak this or that on your own.

And apart from that probably foaming by reading your complainment about "troublesome gamebreaking bugs". At least I would if I was him. Because I´m pretty sure that most of PoP´s real gamebreaking bugs have been discovered long before you ever played this mod and hunted down and became extinct even before we had the opportunity to locate them doing extensive betatesting.

Yes, SD is the head.
And keep in mind he´s a hard working man with a family, interests and hobbies, something called real life. As such, time becomes a limited resource and needs to be spent wisely.

MV is responsible for most of PoP3.61:WB´s programming and has unique knowledge concerning PoP´s code. He was one of the two main forces behind the port to Warband.

You're a bit too sensitive. I don't care about their life issues, as I don't know them. I just wanted to know if it's still being worked on.

I don't care about the history of the mod either.

I have manually listened to the ambiance files and they still sound pretty bad.

TweakMB creates a backup for me, so I'll just apply that and see if my GAMEBREAKING bugs are fixed.

Why did you have to start 2 threads to announce you had a few bugs?  Big deal!

Elf said:

Because I can, and did. If you have a petty problem with it, there's a back button on your browser in the top left.

There's also a jar of ****s I give for your thoughts on it, if you wish to stay.

**** Jar: Current ****s - 0.5

Please be a bit more considerate and polite around here. This forum works because there are people who are willing to spend their more or less precious time to share their accumulated knowledge with newcomers and those who encounter problems.

In order for this all to work and give everyone the most pleasant experience possible it is necessary to stick to some basic rules. Among these rules is the one that you do not clutter the board with pointless threads about tiny questions - this clutters up the search engine and makes it harder for people to actually find what they are looking for.
It is generally understood (and appreciated) to post quick questions in the stickied thread of the respective name above.

Sunny Beach said:
Elf said:

Because I can, and did. If you have a petty problem with it, there's a back button on your browser in the top left.

There's also a jar of ****s I give for your thoughts on it, if you wish to stay.

**** Jar: Current ****s - 0.5

You, Sun of the Beach, CANNOT post now.

Man, I'm really enthusiastic upon the grandious announcement of the new version of PoP :smile:. I'd certainly like to hear how's the progress going on (maybe some percentages) because I've been looking for THE '@' to be announced for over a year now, and I got to say that PoP is ultimately the best mod out there and probably that fact will stay forever :smile:.

I think the best way to look at this is "Wait and see".

It does not make sense for us to spend more time and effort on this endeavor until Bannerlord comes out.

When it becomes available and we look at what is possible and what other projects have given us in terms of resources then we will make a decision on where to go with this body of work.

There are many possibilities. 

Back
Top Bottom