Is Prophesy of Pendor a better experience on small or large battle size?

Users who are viewing this thread

In Pendor max battle size is 420. What you see in the options is not correct. It is small. What you try to compare is small battle size vs not very small.

I have tested stattering in the 600 vs 600 battle. Total agents was 1200. All with horses so double this to 2400. FPS was around 12-15 (was droped to 6-7 when fighting was started). But what I have learned from that test is very large battle sizes are worthless. You can't see all agents. You can see only 100-200 agents around you. 1200 or 250 will give you the same experience after all.

My opinion is 200-250 is enough. You can increase the size to accelerate battle time. Only for that purpose. Try WSE2. It can increase FPS up to 2 times.

Last edited:
Yeah I have a decent rig (i7 8700, GTX 1080 16 gb ram, SSD) and still get those microstutters in large battles, even with good fps.

Not sure but it might be an engine limitation. The game was not originally designed to have so many units. I found that what makes it worse is all the horses. If you had an all infantry fight, it's better.

Maybe others have idea how to make the microstutter go away

Yeah I have a decent rig (i7 8700, GTX 1080 16 gb ram, SSD) and still get those microstutters in large battles, even with good fps.

Not sure but it might be an engine limitation. The game was not originally designed to have so many units. I found that what makes it worse is all the horses. If you had an all infantry fight, it's better.

Maybe others have idea how to make the microstutter go away
Didn't you read the first theme? All stutters will go away if you turn off formations, horse archers AI and tweak a little:

P.S. No one gave response. Like it was for nothing. Even the guy I helped to. Such things blows away all motivation for activity.

Didn't you read the first theme? All stutters will go away if you turn off formations, horse archers AI and tweak a little:

P.S. No one gave response. Like it was for nothing. Even the guy I helped to. Such things blows away all motivation for activity.
Hey! Don't be down man I didn't even asked a question but thanks to you I know about WSE2 and tweaks!! You saved me thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom