Resolved is my rig ment to be Above 60 fps ?

Users who are viewing this thread

What resolution are you running at. Anything higher than 1080p will likely not perform very well on those specs. Still, that should be plenty of power to at least run things smoothly toning down the graphics.

The next, biggest resource hogs are going to be shadows and Anti-Aliasing. I'd recommend switching AA completely off to see just how many FPS are being gobbled up. The FXAA option is pretty fast.
1080p 60hz,

the game is badly optimized. I play the witcher 3, and other titles in ultra, no lag

What resolution are you running at. Anything higher than 1080p will likely not perform very well on those specs. Still, that should be plenty of power to at least run things smoothly toning down the graphics.

The next, biggest resource hogs are going to be shadows and Anti-Aliasing. I'd recommend switching AA completely off to see just how many FPS are being gobbled up. The FXAA option is pretty fast.

in multiplayer mode, play in 4k, without lag. how do you explain?

1080p 60hz,

the game is badly optimized. I play the witcher 3, and other titles in ultra, no lag

As of now, very much so, I'd imagine. It's why it's still in EA. Optimizations very rarely happen until the end of the development cycle, once it's known not only what, exactly, the game will or will not need to do, but also how it's best to do it. Any optimizations made early on in a dev cycle are likely to simply need to be undone, overwritten, or handled a completely different way. It would be a rather big waste of time to try to "iron out" the issues while the thing is still being sewn together.

in multiplayer mode, play in 4k, without lag. how do you explain?

Not 100% sure. I don't see any difference at all performance-wise between the two modes, but I definitely don't try to play either mode in 4K. (Are you sure you're playing in 4K using a 960??? :shock: )

As for the maybe why, the single player game is handling a lot of AI, whereas the multiplayer is mostly worried about simply syncing players on the server. So, a battle of several hundred NPCs on each side, each of which needs pathing, damage modeling, individual attack and defense moves, target tracking, morale levels...etc., etc., etc.,...not to mention all of the graphical load...all of which must be handled by a single CPU. That can definitely create more slowdown than the CPU simply managing the packets it's receiving -- pre-processed by the server for the most part. All it's really doing for MP is displaying the final results. Also, all of the assets for MP modes are pre-cached at the start of the match. No need to load in things it wasn't expecting. That's a lot quicker than trying to account for the thousands upon thousands of asset combinations possible in any SP battle.

Performance in games like this is extremely CPU heavy. There are lots of factors that can affect how "smoothly" a game runs besides just the graphics. I'm guessing the stutter people are seeing will coincide with CPU spikes, not GPU spikes.

After the first update, my Fps dropped a lot. I have an Amd Vegas 64, i7, 16 Ram and SSD. it's too bad to play. I can put in the minimum details, that the Fps is still bad
yeah my fps fixed itself then once the new patch and that came out it just died pretty much my battle size could handle up to 600-700 men at once at least 70 fps now the new patch has began the performance dropped

Not true, i have the same build as him except i have i5 4460 which is a bit worse , and i get more than 60 fps mostly on medium-high with a 1tb hdd. THe SSD may help a very bit with general performance , but mostly it only speeds up the loading times .

That said , the game is not optimised and has memory leaks but so far it works decent on mine
what are your settings ? :smile:

I dunno man, they have pumped out 8 patches in like ten days. also the devs and supports are active in these threads, even taking feedback back to other devs. I have been tech support for another major wargame developer, and i got to say Taleworlds is pretty damn active post release.

Yea, they are working hard. I am not trying to say they are not correcting bugs. I am trying to say they did not listed these performance issues on their official forum thread =(. May as SigilFey said, it is not worth it to optimize the game until the end of the development cycle...

I've got a Ryzen 7
16 gig RAM
and a Geforce Gtx 1060 with 6 gigs

and the stuttering I get is ridiculous
it often feels like the size of the forces involved isn't the problem either small scale battles run about as poorly as some of the larger ones I've fought
to be fair I usually just auto resolve the >100 v 100 man battles in fear of just getting stuck in a slideshow but i dunno

the game is somewhat playable fps wise but the random stuttering is pretty annoying

edit: so I ran a custom battle of 250 men fighting 250 and it ran pretty smooth i think is a problem with story mode

Last edited:
I think he was asking for your in-game settings, not your PC specs.

Hmm....i know i have mostly medium , textures and characters are on high , shadows are low , vsync on and game capped to 61 fps fullscreen , SSAO and AntiAliasing off and the other check boxes like tesselation or bloom are either on /off (cant remember right now).

The game runs at 50-60 fps no problem , is the RAM getting full after a while that leads to stuttering , this is why no matter the game settings people experience it.

Hmm....i know i have mostly medium , textures and characters are on high , shadows are low , vsync on and game capped to 61 fps fullscreen , SSAO and AntiAliasing off and the other check boxes like tesselation or bloom are either on /off (cant remember right now).

The game runs at 50-60 fps no problem , is the RAM getting full after a while that leads to stuttering , this is why no matter the game settings people experience it.

exactly
!!

However, the frame drops during the clash of the troops are CPU related. Me and a lot of people that experience it have good cpu's and have decent amount of RAM (16 gb) aswell. During my tests, the frame drops occurred during normal and siege battles and my RAM did not changed even by a little. Soon after the fight stops, the frame drops disappear. This is something related with the AI. Problem is, neither the cpu nor the gpu usage were close to being maxed out...

...is the RAM getting full after a while that leads to stuttering...
exactly
!!

Taleworlds themselves have identified "memory leaks" as being issues, so...maybe. However, if so, players should (most likely) not be experiencing any form of stutter from the get-go. Memory leaks, by their nature, will compound based on the number of times an asset is loaded / reloaded. So, over longer playtimes, the memory leak will get worse and worse, exhibiting performance degradation over time.

Of course, it's possible that the coding error could be so bad that the leak will compound multiple times in just matter of a few thousand milliseconds...but look at the game. I doubt Taleworlds would make a mistake that ridiculous.

More like as not, the stuttering is an issue with one of the following:
  • GPU driver / firmware vs. GPU architecture. It is NOT a good idea to constantly update your drivers. (For example, I'm using a GTX 980 ti, Windows 7, and Nvidia Reference 385.69. [That's Sept. 21, 2017. No performance issues at all with any games.]) Only upgrade your drivers when there is a specific need to. If you upgrade and the issue is not rectified -- just immediately roll back. If your PC is not experiencing a problem, change nothing.)
  • Hyperthreading issues. Many recent games, especially those built on Unity, seem to be having severe performance issues with anything over 4 cores. Hyperthreading / multicore tech is still not widely used in gaming -- at least not effectively. Some games will take advantage, but most games will either ignore it, or develop issues when there are too many cores active at once. Especially Ryzen chipsets seem to make many system configs very grumpy.
  • Windows 10 security. Windows, in general, is not adverse...but neither conducive...to gaming. If running higher levels of Windows security, and installing games on protected directories, performance issues will likely follow. Installing to root directories and disabling Windows "security features" can definitely improve the gaming experience.
  • Max-FPS / Power-User conflict. It's a simple fact: not all games are made to be run at MAxXx FPS, with G-Sync / FreeSync ULTRA performance. If one tries to do so, one may be severely disappointed with the results. Best bet in the actual reality of the modern gaming arena is to try to get consistent performance at 60 FPS, then 120 FPS. If you can't maintain a steady 120 FPS, drop back to 60. Then tweak from there. People who expect to take an EA game, unlock FPS, activate G-Sync / FreeSync, then experience silky smooth gameplay are off-base. Save that for AAA release shooters and action game. (And sometimes, not even then.) Hardware has definitely gotten ahead of software.

Taleworlds themselves have identified "memory leaks" as being issues, so...maybe. However, if so, players should (most likely) not be experiencing any form of stutter from the get-go. Memory leaks, by their nature, will compound based on the number of times an asset is loaded / reloaded. So, over longer playtimes, the memory leak will get worse and worse, exhibiting performance degradation over time.

Of course, it's possible that the coding error could be so bad that the leak will compound multiple times in just matter of a few thousand milliseconds...but look at the game. I doubt Taleworlds would make a mistake that ridiculous.

More like as not, the stuttering is an issue with one of the following:
  • GPU driver / firmware vs. GPU architecture. It is NOT a good idea to constantly update your drivers. (For example, I'm using a GTX 980 ti, Windows 7, and Nvidia Reference 385.69. [That's Sept. 21, 2017. No performance issues at all with any games.]) Only upgrade your drivers when there is a specific need to. If you upgrade and the issue is not rectified -- just immediately roll back. If your PC is not experiencing a problem, change nothing.)
  • Hyperthreading issues. Many recent games, especially those built on Unity, seem to be having severe performance issues with anything over 4 cores. Hyperthreading / multicore tech is still not widely used in gaming -- at least not effectively. Some games will take advantage, but most games will either ignore it, or develop issues when there are too many cores active at once. Especially Ryzen chipsets seem to make many system configs very grumpy.
  • Windows 10 security. Windows, in general, is not adverse...but neither conducive...to gaming. If running higher levels of Windows security, and installing games on protected directories, performance issues will likely follow. Installing to root directories and disabling Windows "security features" can definitely improve the gaming experience.
  • Max-FPS / Power-User conflict. It's a simple fact: not all games are made to be run at MAxXx FPS, with G-Sync / FreeSync ULTRA performance. If one tries to do so, one may be severely disappointed with the results. Best bet in the actual reality of the modern gaming arena is to try to get consistent performance at 60 FPS, then 120 FPS. If you can't maintain a steady 120 FPS, drop back to 60. Then tweak from there. People who expect to take an EA game, unlock FPS, activate G-Sync / FreeSync, then experience silky smooth gameplay are off-base. Save that for AAA release shooters and action game. (And sometimes, not even then.) Hardware has definitely gotten ahead of software.

Idk man , as of today , people reported a multitude of memory leaks.

RAM 100% usage
GPU overloading (i have this too)
CPU 100%
HDD/SSD 100%
Game not recognising GPU

Some top tier computer people reported unit pathing a reason why it starts stuttering heavily when troops colide , and also why in sieges it was unplayable because troops would have a seisure from not finding right pathing.
Also , they also reported that unless you have more than 16 gigs of RAM , it will just fill up very quickly , in less than 30 mins (i have 12 and i confirm this)

Multiplayer for me works very fine , i have 60 fps with medium settings no problem , not even a flinch , even on 100 player servers.

I use Windows 7 for example , most people use Windows 10 and the problems are common. Obviously is their game acting finnicy , but it's Early Access and it's playable if you cope with restarting the game every 30 mins to refresh the memory.

Also , noticed that unless you have a top tier computer (reason why most streamers play fine) , you are prone to crappy performance in a way or another.

Idk man , as of today , people reported a multitude of memory leaks...

I don't get what you mean. I'm confirming that memory leaks may be a reason that people experience stutter.

But there are other reasons as well. I, myself, have experienced stutter in the game, but very inconsistently, and only after at least an hour of play. So it's not the reason people are experiencing stutter.

Some top tier computer people reported unit pathing a reason why it starts stuttering heavily when troops colide , and also why in sieges it was unplayable because troops would have a seisure from not finding right pathing.
Also , they also reported that unless you have more than 16 gigs of RAM , it will just fill up very quickly , in less than 30 mins (i have 12 and i confirm this)

Possible, again. Pathfinding, especially on 3D maps with overlapping layers (read: multiple "floors" built on top of each other) can be very challenging. The amount of RAM will certainly affect how a memory leak manifests, but it's not the deciding factor. More importantly are the steps needed to trigger the leak. I have 16 GB, and I have experienced some performance degradation, but never to the point of it being unplayable. Longest play session so far is about 4 hours.

Multiplayer for me works very fine , i have 60 fps with medium settings no problem , not even a flinch , even on 100 player servers.

Same here. I have had d/c and timeout issues, massive lag with input and hit detection (mostly with melee -- ranged seems to be very accurate), and the odd server-end crash, but the actual, client-side performance is very smooth.

I use Windows 7 for example , most people use Windows 10 and the problems are common. Obviously is their game acting finnicy , but it's Early Access and it's playable if you cope with restarting the game every 30 mins to refresh the memory.

Also , noticed that unless you have a top tier computer (reason why most streamers play fine) , you are prone to crappy performance in a way or another.

Might be worthwhile for Windows 10 users to try compatibility mode for Windows 7. Using 7 here as well.

Also, one certainly does not need a "top-tier" PC. I'm using an i7-4790K and a GTX 980 ti. No slouch, but hardly top-of-the-line. Performance is largely great. Steady 60 FPS pretty much everywhere. The only stutter I see is a slight bit on loading into a new area. Maybe 3-4 seconds of it. Hardly noticeable as of e1.0.8.

Configuration is going to be what's causing most of the stutter. Especially with CPU-intensive games, players need to configure their systems to do what the engine needs, not try to maximize FPS. Most of the people I encounter with stuttering issues (in many games) are trying to push a game beyond what its engine is really designed to do. It likely won't be reliable to pull that sort of performance until it's optimized. Once again, it's steady FPS that provides the experience of smooth gameplay, not high FPS.

SigilFey, are you a computer engineer? since you know your stuff brother. Also, dont knock your 980ti, thats an insane ridiculous bastard of a card. I think if we can get people like you to report back to devs, it will really help the patching process.

SigilFey would you mind sharing with us your settings? I want to get steady fps and since I have a similar setup I think it will be helpful

Back
Top Bottom