Is it worth it after a 6 month break?

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't played this game in at least 6 months, I enjoyed it but just felt the world was so empty, no living and breathing towns, villages or cities and without Mods i couldn't Jump into sandbox mode and rule a kingdom. Is the game much more complete compared to 6 months ago. Can I start a kingdom? Is diplomacy fleshed out? are there unique villages, towns etc? How about the Ai, are they still painting the Map too fast?

I haven't played this game in at least 6 months, I enjoyed it but just felt the world was so empty, no living and breathing towns, villages or cities and without Mods i couldn't Jump into sandbox mode and rule a kingdom. Is the game much more complete compared to 6 months ago. Can I start a kingdom? Is diplomacy fleshed out? are there unique villages, towns etc? How about the Ai, are they still painting the Map too fast?
There are very good mods right now, at least modders aren't quite the game. If you are comfortable with the Mods and their dependencies etc, you can have the game you want.

But sadly most aren't updating because of every patch breaking them.
That's why I stopped playing, my game kept breaking with every big update. I would invest time in a character only for it to be incompatible with the next update, it was disheartening as everything you work towards disappears with each update

But you can also delay the update and end your playthrough before you update.

I´ve startet a new one with 1.5.9 and only lightly modded (realistic battles mod / patry screen enhancements) and it´s kind of fun right now. But I´m only in the mid game though.

But sadly most aren't updating because of every patch breaking them.
Just go to Nexus forum and check it for yourself, there are many abandoned mods updated by other persons, just today this mod, Diplomacy fixes reborn, I will check it and if needed I will start a new game. The essential mods are almost all alive.

- Mods will continue to break through EA.
- Towns and villages have seen new quests / new scenes and a few extras (barbers for example); but these aren't a world away. In addition prison breaks provide a fresh new way to use these interiors.
- Sandbox mode is here but you will need to start from scratch to rule a kingdom.
- Kingdoms are much more implemented. You can start your own kingdom - or take over control from an existing ruler.
- Clan diplomacy is mostly there in terms of the kingdom policies, inter-kingdom diplomacy is still bare bones.
- A.I. struggles at times (especially sieges) but is certainly much better then 6 months ago.
- Snowballing honestly feels fixed to me. It is certainly 100x better then it was 6 months ago.
- Performance is considerably better.

In addition other key features added include Kingdom Rebellions, Families/Death/Inheritance, full skill trees implementation etc.

So as much as you get lots of negative Nancie's on here :xf-wink: - the majority of what you were interested in has indeed been updated/implemented.

Having said that - if you wait another 6 months I can promise you will be much more impressed when you do return - and while the game is certainly a strong step better then 6 months ago; it probably won't feel as different as you might of hoped 6 months might have achieved.

Basically the game is improving - just really damn slow.

Personally I am waiting mostly for the Battle Terrain system; as I really feel that's going to revolutionise the way we look and interact with the game map.

Last edited:
I would recommend waiting. I haven't started a new playthrough in over 3 months now after I didn't see enough changes to warrant a new one. You could easily take an hour or two and see most of the new features. They have done a bunch of bug fixes but the big ones AI wise from 6 months are still there.

Having said that - if you wait another 6 months I can promise you will be much more impressed when you do return - and while the game is certainly a strong step better then 6 months ago; it probably won't feel as different as you might of hoped 6 months might have achieved.

Basically the game is improving - just really damn slow.

Personally I am waiting mostly for the Battle Terrain system; as I really feel that's going to revolutionise the way we look and interact with the game map.
Basically this, i'm also waiting for the battle terrain system and any new features that come till then before playing again, the game barely changed significantly since release for now, mostly it was fixes, balance and performance improvements.

If the reasons you list are the main reasons you stopped playing, then unfortunately there's nothing much new for you. If you mostly stopped playing because of crashes and instability, then it's much better. There is supposed to be a sandbox mode in 1.5.9 if you still fancy that.

Pillaging raiding feature introduced
Perks were added that don't add immersion and is designed to work like a rpg element.
The next update, i would consider decent and is what Fan base have been waiting for, is Dynamic Battle maps "Battle terain system". We need more this
Performance fixes.
More Multiplayer maps.
Not sure if Ranged combat has been overhauled and present different archery experience

Other misc changes won't add anything to gameplay immersion.

no xdd

Back
Top Bottom