Is it worth it after a 6 month break?

Users who are viewing this thread

Not even worth at after EA cuz it's gonna be abandoned for their Sci-Fi game LOL.
what is this next game ? They must have passed all Devs to that project rather than finishing Bannerlord, my gues is 10-15 developers are on Bannerlord and other 80+ is on the nextt project, especialy Game Engine team. This is serious business attitude problem that we absorb as customers.

what is this next game ? They must have passed all Devs to that project rather than finishing Bannerlord, my gues is 10-15 developers are on Bannerlord and other 80+ is on the nextt project, especialy Game Engine team. This is serious business attitude problem that we absorb as customers.

You think TW is comprised by 100 developers? TW probably has 20-30 developers in total.

Show me a source on this. We are talking about developers here, not total staff in the company.

edit: I may be wrong, but the numbers seem a bit too much
You are right.
I reply parts which I can fix. I do not reply when I see problems which I can not do anything about. By the way only 30 of 80 people are programmers and only 8 of them are campaign related. These numbers were 12 (total) / 5 (programmers) / 3 (campaign) in Warband :smile:

So even company has 7.5x people compared Warband days Campaign team only get about 2.5x.

**** no dude. Almost everyone on this post has been honest and straight with you. The game is nearly the same (content wise) as it was during the EA launch, and none of the significant issues have been fixed (siege AI, immersion, smithing, and the world feeling real and alive) How people think new quest is content, is beyond me. In short, in my opinion, the game is ****ing terrible.

But you can also delay the update and end your playthrough before you update.

I´ve startet a new one with 1.5.9 and only lightly modded (realistic battles mod / patry screen enhancements) and it´s kind of fun right now. But I´m only in the mid game though.

That works for SP but i like to play mostly MP and sometimes a bit of SP. Playing MP requires regular updates unfortunately..

To answer OP:
You're the only one to decide on that. How much effort is it to reinstall and give it a go? But, personally I'm experiencing major stability issues on MP. So if that is important to you : don't install yet.

- Mods will continue to break through EA.
- Towns and villages have seen new quests / new scenes and a few extras (barbers for example); but these aren't a world away. In addition prison breaks provide a fresh new way to use these interiors.
- Sandbox mode is here but you will need to start from scratch to rule a kingdom.
- Kingdoms are much more implemented. You can start your own kingdom - or take over control from an existing ruler.
- Clan diplomacy is mostly there in terms of the kingdom policies, inter-kingdom diplomacy is still bare bones.
- A.I. struggles at times (especially sieges) but is certainly much better then 6 months ago.
- Snowballing honestly feels fixed to me. It is certainly 100x better then it was 6 months ago.
- Performance is considerably better.

In addition other key features added include Kingdom Rebellions, Families/Death/Inheritance, full skill trees implementation etc.

So as much as you get lots of negative Nancie's on here :xf-wink: - the majority of what you were interested in has indeed been updated/implemented.

Having said that - if you wait another 6 months I can promise you will be much more impressed when you do return - and while the game is certainly a strong step better then 6 months ago; it probably won't feel as different as you might of hoped 6 months might have achieved.

Basically the game is improving - just really damn slow.

Personally I am waiting mostly for the Battle Terrain system; as I really feel that's going to revolutionise the way we look and interact with the game map.

This. I am personally waiting for:

- Better terrain system.
- AI Clan directives, along with auto-recruitment in settlements.
- Lords’ Hall battles.
- Sally out mission implemented.

All these things will come in the next couple of patches.

On the other hand, the AI still needs tons of work. Tournaments are still too easy because combat AI is garbage and does not know how to block properly. Siege AI is still really bad. Diplomacy system is probably the worst thing about the game, totally nonexistent, kingdoms declaring pretty short wars without no sense every few days to everyone.

If you haven't played for 6 months I'd say it's worth it. But I'd wait for the next patch, and also a few days after so they hotfix any possible bugs/issues that went unnoticed in the testing phase. If the patch doesn't break something major I'd say it's worth it to play, just keep in mind that the end-game is still pretty dull atm, there's nothing much to do yet.

But if you do have big expectations it might be worth it to wait some more. The game does feel better to play now though, to me at least

I haven't played this game in at least 6 months, I enjoyed it but just felt the world was so empty, no living and breathing towns, villages or cities and without Mods i couldn't Jump into sandbox mode and rule a kingdom. Is the game much more complete compared to 6 months ago. Can I start a kingdom? Is diplomacy fleshed out? are there unique villages, towns etc? How about the Ai, are they still painting the Map too fast?
I stopped playing 6 months ago and havent been happier (still not playing) - why, because I've done the comeback several times, and won't until I see truly raving (if at all ever possible) reviews/commentaries.

Do the same.

I haven't played this game in at least 6 months, I enjoyed it but just felt the world was so empty, no living and breathing towns, villages or cities
That's still the same, very little reason to actually visit towns/village scenes.
without Mods i couldn't Jump into sandbox mode and rule a kingdom.
They have sandbox mode now. Took them a year, but it's there!
Can I start a kingdom?
Technically yes, but it is very frustrating and involves the use of exploits if you want to do it viably.
Is diplomacy fleshed out?
No.
are there unique villages, towns etc?
Depends what you mean (gameplaywise or scenes? they have added some scenes) but I'm going to say no.
How about the Ai, are they still painting the Map too fast?
Snowballing was basically fixed in 1.5.8.

3.5 out 6 of the things you want are there.

On the other hand, the AI still needs tons of work. Tournaments are still too easy because combat AI is garbage and does not know how to block properly.
This is deliberate design choice because it requires literally changes in like 3-5 numbers in the code to make bots more aggresive and better at defending at the same time (I know this because we did it), you can even make it weapon skill dependent.

This is deliberate design choice because it requires literally changes in like 3-5 numbers in the code to make bots more aggresive and better at defending at the same time (I know this because we did it), you can even make it weapon skill dependent.
The problem is when the AI receives a hit, it tries to attack most of the time instead of blocking, so it is quite easy to chain 2 or 3 attacks in row to kill a “high skilled” agent.

To respond to the one who said you had to use exploit to finish the main quest, I'm actually in the verge to finish it without printing javelin money, I wouldn't say it's not frustrating but it's technically false to say you have to exploit the game.
2 of 3 of the empire factions are destroyed in my game.

Sure thing the whole conspiracy thingy is a bit frustrating especially with the AI implementation, the constant needs of money to Barter deflecting clans, managing your heir etc ... Simply put also for new players in general. Yes I wouldn't recommend finishing this quest if you want to discover M&B, to me it's just an hardest mode in top of hardest difficulty with frustration involved.
Not exploit being mandatory.

Back
Top Bottom