Is Armor Still Locked Behind Clan Tier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hans 77

Knight at Arms
I haven't played singleplayer in a while because it's been kind of depressing.

I just saw we had a big update (1.5.2), but nowhere in the patch notes does it say anything about removing armor from its arbitrary clan tier paywall.

Is armor locked behind clan tier still a thing? Or can I now purchase any armor at any time with ? being the only limitation? (As it should be)

I don't know if its locked behind clan tier or just locked away entirely. I've gotten up to clan tier 6 and still don't see the best body armors for sale anywhere.

I think prosperity of the town and having the right workshops has a big effect on what's for sale, but I'm not sure how that works.

I agree that its depressing and demotivating seeing the same mid-tier trash in every shop and loot screen.

I don't know if its locked behind clan tier or just locked away entirely. I've gotten up to clan tier 6 and still don't see the best body armors for sale anywhere.

I think prosperity of the town and having the right workshops has a big effect on what's for sale, but I'm not sure how that works.

I agree that its depressing and demotivating seeing the same mid-tier trash in every shop and loot screen.
This is how it works. Probably not intentional.
As far as I can tell, items such as armor and weapons are exclusively produced by workshops, and prosperity doesn't impact workshops directly.

However, there is a line in the workshop production code that's indirectly affected by prosperity, and it will control the maximum price an item can be that is produced from a workshop. When a workshop has done enough work to produce an item it randomly chooses an item from the particular category of the workshop type. The random item is chosen in such a way that more expensive items are less likely to be selected. So for instance, if heavy armor has been produced by a smithy it will choose a random heavy armor of the correct culture. This part is fine.

It then checks to see if the item's price is greater than the amount of gold a town has on hand, and will not produce the item if its price is higher than the total gold in the town. A town roughly carries an amount of gold equal to (7 x Prosperity). So as a rule of thumb, a town will not produce an item that is more expensive than 7 14 times its prosperity value*. That's why most of the top gear never appears in a town, because even if a town has 10000 prosperity it can only produce items < 70k 140k in value (roughly)*.

*Edit: The items also have a 52% trade penalty applied to the base price before being compared to the town's gold, so it's more accurate to say that items more expensive than ~14x the prosperity value of a town will not show up.

It isn't locked by your clan level. You'll just see more higher tier weapons/armors in shops and tournament prices as you increase your clan level.

This is how it works. Probably not intentional.
I don't think that system is working very well. I've been using a mod that lowers the prices of all the really expensive stuff to reasonable levels, like 60-70k for things that normally cost 200-300k, and the best body armors still never show up in shops. Been seeing plenty of good helmets and weapons, but never body armors

I don't think that system is working very well. I've been using a mod that lowers the prices of all the really expensive stuff to reasonable levels, like 60-70k for things that normally cost 200-300k, and the best body armors still never show up in shops. Been seeing plenty of good helmets and weapons, but never body armors
Well, after removing the code that checks the amount of gold that town has; expansive stuff started to appear on my game. Is there a special condition for best body armors? I don't know but they are the most expensive stuff in the game so they are less likely to be produced. If the mod you use is Make Everything Cheaper, they still seem to be too expensive to be produced at current prosperity levels.

Well, after removing the code that checks the amount of gold that town has; expansive stuff started to appear on my game. Is there a special condition for best body armors? I don't know but they are the most expensive stuff in the game so they are less likely to be produced. If the mod you use is Make Everything Cheaper, they still seem to be too expensive to be produced at current prosperity levels.
Yeah, that's what I'm using, and you're probably right that they're still too expensive to show up. My game has plenty of prosperous towns, but I don't think too many of them are overly prosperous since they lose so much due to town& village issues so they're all either losing prosperity or just breaking even.

Yeah, that's what I'm using, and you're probably right that they're still too expensive to show up. My game has plenty of prosperous towns, but I don't think too many of them are overly prosperous since they lose so much due to town& village issues so they're all either losing prosperity or just breaking even.
I seem to recall someone saying that you need a prosperity level of like 10k for top tier stuff to appear.

I seem to recall someone saying that you need a prosperity level of like 10k for top tier stuff to appear.
To get the highest priced stuff, a town would need 10's of thousands of prosperity, so realistically towns will never spawn any of it.

The ultra armors also require a smithy on top of the prosperity requirements.
Nah, artisans can make ultra armor as well.

Back
Top Bottom