Interview with Armağan Yavuz ! ( @Gamescom2019 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Piconi said:
Armagan said there could most likely be DLCs, like for naval warfare, but he didn't mention it to be paid DLC, or are DLCs always meant to be paid for ?
That's kind of very big, game changing, feature already present in Viking Conquest and many Warband mods for it to be locked behind a DLC paywall . . .
99.99999% paid. I would say even 100%

That is totaly fine with me, i was just saying there is hope  :grin:

And about what he said about pregnancy, gender differences etc.... I agree pregnancy would be too much, but i would love to see very different playstyle when playing male and female character, different incentive to choose one or the other, different courtship, it would really be immersion breaking if i as a female character would have to woo a male lord for a marriage . . .

Piconi said:

And about what he said about pregnancy, gender differences etc.... I agree pregnancy would be too much, but i would love to see very different playstyle when playing male and female character, different incentive to choose one or the other, different courtship, it would really be immersion breaking if i as a female character would have to woo a male lord for a marriage . . .
I wish that he would asked: "What will happen if player is killed and his kid (only alive person in clan) isn't adult yet?"

SturgiaStrong said:
Piconi said:

I wish that he would asked: "What will happen if player is killed and his kid (only alive person in clan) isn't adult yet?"
That IS a great subquestion !
I have so many more . . .

Piconi said:

Yeah, surrogacy FTW!

I missed something the first time i was hearing the interview, i didn't notice the differences between the "light" (balanced) animations, and "heavy" (unbalanced) animations, nor the mixed ones on any weapon. Did i just not pay enough attention?

Piconi said:
SturgiaStrong said:
Piconi said:

That IS a great subquestion !
I have so many more . . .
We just need more Q&A's. I registered in the forums with hope, that devs would communicate here

Some of developers do communicate, it was only almost exclusively on the until recently invisible board Bannerlord Beta, for those who were not in it, and you are just going to be dissapointed with what they are saying, for example take a look at this topic, and the post from developer petmonster.

SturgiaStrong said:
@Piconi
petmonster_tw said:
2) The appearance and uniqueness of the character.  Don't you like not to see naked people in gloves and helmet or tastelessly picked up armor anymore?
He is trolling, right?  :party:
I'm affrad he is dead serious. Never mind, he is an employee at TW, and his job is to sometimes defend the attitude of the company, that he personaly maybe does not share, so he alone is not to blame for anything.
I was more dissapointed with this confession they intentionally dumbed down their very advanced AI because they could not find a way to handle infantry vs cavalry issue !

Join posting in those threads to depthen your involvement and try to add ideas or suggestions.

While watching the interview one quiestion came in my mind regarding death of lords.
So we know that lords will die out of old age or some other more violent ways. I guess the same is true for their court.
But what about other NPCs, like the important characters you meet in towns, villages. Those who give you quests, troops, etc..? I never heard/seen mentioned them in context of aging.

It would be super silly if the player character goes old, but he reqruites troops from the same ageless NPC in a given town. Then the player character dies at age 60, his son takes over and he dies also at age 70 and his son takes over and yet he still meets the same reqruiter, the same bartender, the same banditleader, same guildmaster...

I hope TW treats every NPC equally in terms of aging and death.

And what about the relations a character (player or NPC) made up with the previous character in the given position? Start from scratch or the new character inherits some of his/hers predecessor? It would just make sens if one character hates the father he will also hate the son - even if not as much - because of good old prejudice

ngaborino said:
While watching the interview one quiestion came in my mind regarding death of lords.
So we know that lords will die out of old age or some other more violent ways. I guess the same is true for their court.
But what about other NPCs, like the important characters you meet in towns, villages. Those who give you quests, troops, etc..? I never heard/seen mentioned them in context of aging.

It would be super silly if the player character goes old, but he reqruites troops from the same ageless NPC in a given town. Then the player character dies at age 60, his son takes over and he dies also at age 70 and his son takes over and yet he still meets the same reqruiter, the same bartender, the same banditleader, same guildmaster...

I hope TW treats every NPC equally in terms of aging and death.

And what about the relations a character (player or NPC) made up with the previous character in the given position? Start from scratch or the new character inherits some of his/hers predecessor? It would just make sens if one character hates the father he will also hate the son - even if not as much - because of good old prejudice
Good catch :lol:

Piconi said:
SturgiaStrong said:
@Piconi
petmonster_tw said:
2) The appearance and uniqueness of the character.  Don't you like not to see naked people in gloves and helmet or tastelessly picked up armor anymore?
He is trolling, right?  :party:
I'm affrad he is dead serious. Never mind, he is an employee at TW, and his job is to sometimes defend the attitude of the company, that he personaly maybe does not share, so he alone is not to blame for anything.
I was more dissapointed with this confession they intentionally dumbed down their very advanced AI because they could not find a way to handle infantry vs cavalry issue !

Join posting in those threads to depthen your involvement and try to add ideas or suggestions.
Yep trend with dumbing down of gameplay is very dissapointing.
Do you mean beta threads or devblogs? I don't feel posting in beta threads because I don't have beta though( and because i'm interested more in SP mode)

Back
Top Bottom