Innovative 2015 submod "Brytenwalda Reworked" pulling together the best features

Users who are viewing this thread

Point it out and I can add it into the next version of the submod which can be released a few days after source code is obtained.
I'll need the source code however.
Maybe you can ask around at the Forge?

gdwitt - Thank you!  -- here is the link for the last working version for 1.4 http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,211791.0.html

- present version is 1.41  -  I am technically deficient.  I do not know what the 'source code' refers to. 

I am happy to ask. 

This is given as a download for the source code --  http://www.4shared.com/rar/Bp6hVLfV/Comp_Module.html

gdwitt said:
Point it out and I can add it into the next version of the submod which can be released a few days after source code is obtained.
I'll need the source code however.
Maybe you can ask around at the Forge?

I found some source files from Malik's old submod.
It will take some time to get this up and running without conflicts.
I can figure this one out, but I need until next Tuesday because of a big deadline next Monday.
Anyone else vote to make this a permanent mod addition or just a submod?

Edit: I found the source file from that link.
I can have this out in 2 days or so.

gdwitt said:
I found some source files from Malik's old submod.
It will take some time to get this up and running without conflicts.
I can figure this one out, but I need until next Tuesday because of a big deadline next Monday.
Anyone else vote to make this a permanent mod addition or just a submod?

Edit: I found the source file from that link.
I can have this out in 2 days or so.

i think this submod should be just an option, i think it is ok for people wich realy want it somewhen. for me, i dont need an early middle ages facebook in my party...  :wink: :lol:
for the v21 with patch C. the lord defections are much better, the indictions from lord to lord seem to be much better, too. i had no random, broken fraction spreading so far. but i still get an error message for the north villages, i think it is because they are called kohlab_village or something but should be renamed north_village in the brf, like in the text file. i can remember i changed this onetime, so it did not bring up the error mesage all the time.
for the shutter, i can say that i have a good gaming pc, look into one of the rgl_logs i gave you, if you want. but the shutter is still annoying, to much for me, with a good pc...
hope you have a good time, can't wait for more :wink:

I'm glad you're still enjoying the game.
The shutters probably can't be removed without reducing the number of factions.
Each faction gets it's own 1-2 seconds to make political decisions and there are over 30 of them.
I tried to add things to the script to make it happen at night.
What times do they occur in your game now?

Encountered a large problem.  I will have to uninstall and reinstall everything? 

I tried to use the companions submod with Reworked + patch C, which combines A and B.

Result: Character creation - all text  for categories for biography on left column read as 'Good', instead of correct text.  Occupation, ethnicity, religion, etc. were not labeled as such, and isntead read 'Good'.

Starting the game - attacked in the docks - the merchant comes and instead of regular dialog - he also wants to fight.  But cannot fight. Game gets 'stuck' with no way out.

What I did to get to the problem:

1. First i downloaded and unpacked 'Reworked', v21 standalone.  Then I placed it in the mod folder

2. Then i downloaded and unpacked patch C for v21 - and copied over the files into the main folder of the mod.

3. Finally i downloaded and unpacked "74 new companions 100 in all submod only-5994-21c1"
I placed these files into the same folder as in step 2, copied over existing.

Tracing my steps:

I did all steps again, with a clean install.  I refrained from the 74 new companions in 100 submod.

The game was right.

Then I added the 74 new companions in 100

I reproduced the original problem.

The problem is with the 74 new companions submod.

** Tried to get past the opening scene problem by loading a saved game from Brytenwalda Reworked from before i addedd 74 etc.

Result - Many in armies had no clothes

Please advise

Many apologies for my incompetence.

Hmm. That's a common bug when dialogs are off.
I setup that submod without any changes or testing other than assigning the correct weaspons and integrating all the troops throughout the various scripts..
I assumed it was working.
Have you used it before with BW 1.41?
I might have time tonite to look at it.

gdwitt said:
Hmm. That's a common bug when dialogs are off.
I setup that submod without any changes or testing other than assigning the correct weaspons and integrating all the troops throughout the various scripts..
I assumed it was working.
Have you used it before with BW 1.41?
I might have time tonite to look at it.

No - The 74 companions submod was designed to work with BW 1.39 and perhaps 1.40  -- The source code I gave you was for one of these (I can't recall which) but definitely NOT for 1.41

The only 74 companions submod which may work with BW 1.41 is the one you are providing with 'Reworked'.

Hope this information is useful. 

Excellent work however on Reworked in general.

Testing on my end, this is working flawlessly.
I think we have a file mismatch.
Maybe I uploaded the wrong files to the server.
I will make another upload by 8pm EST after I make a few improvements in the game code.

New upgrade available for both the 100 companion submod and the main game!

here: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?

I have the files for the 100 companions ready now.
I hope to have the other one up by 1am EST US.
Changelogs:
Forced more political script calls to happen at night to avoid the daytime stuttering.
Incorporated the Floris mercenary recruitment scripts and dialogs.
Basically, you get to pick from 2 merc parties instead of 1 and there's more you can say to them.
Changed the starting outfits of half the companions so they don't look like the 74 other companions (who all wear tournament shirts)
Fixed the Kolba village bug where those special stone village icons disappeared due to a script call
Changed the names of pictish towns to the more authentic ones as advised by.....Elpin

I seem to notice that with 100 companions that the merc parties don't appear in taverns anywhere.
I'd appreciate testing on merc parties in taverns to tell me if they show up in up to 2 parties.
You should start seeing them 72 hours after game start.

I mod this regularly so there are several other very minor improvements.

Did some in-game testing.  Works good now with one problem.  Some of the recruitable NPC's seem to have a weekly salary of more than 50,000 which I am guessing is not intentional. 

In battles, there is a script error in red which runs everytime an animation is attempted.  This seems not to end if there are many soldiers I think with spears attempting this animation.

Please advise.

And - of course - many thanks.

gdwitt said:
New upgrade available for both the 100 companion submod and the main game!

here: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?

I have the files for the 100 companions ready now.
I hope to have the other one up by 1am EST US.
Changelogs:
Forced more political script calls to happen at night to avoid the daytime stuttering.
Incorporated the Floris mercenary recruitment scripts and dialogs.
Basically, you get to pick from 2 merc parties instead of 1 and there's more you can say to them.
Changed the starting outfits of half the companions so they don't look like the 74 other companions (who all wear tournament shirts)
Fixed the Kolba village bug where those special stone village icons disappeared due to a script call
Changed the names of pictish towns to the more authentic ones as advised by.....Elpin

I seem to notice that with 100 companions that the merc parties don't appear in taverns anywhere.
I'd appreciate testing on merc parties in taverns to tell me if they show up in up to 2 parties.
You should start seeing them 72 hours after game start.

I mod this regularly so there are several other very minor improvements.

Can you do overhead spear thrusts in battle?
If not, you may not have a good download of the resource file.
What is the script error?
Can you post your rgl_log.
50K sounds odd. I'll look at it late tonite. I didn't add any wages to the npc's and it should go off the wage script everyone else uses.

gdwitt said:
Can you do overhead spear thrusts in battle?
If not, you may not have a good download of the resource file.
What is the script error?
Can you post your rgl_log.
50K sounds odd. I'll look at it late tonite. I didn't add any wages to the npc's and it should go off the wage script everyone else uses.

The script error is

script cf_is_thrusting_weapon
unrecognized weapon
2718 line 2
2720 line 3

Not having time to play a long new game, I am not seeing either of those errors.
I had 3 skirmishes with bandits and recruited 5 companions.
Their wages are appropriate for their level.
I guess I need alot more details than are being provided for this to be worth my time.
RGL LOg and screenshots if this is not an obvious error.

Here is a new compile where I completely removed all calls to cf_is_thrusting_weapon: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?
It's the 100 companion submod of course.

Sure thing.  But How do I send an RGL log?  I looked for the file and saw no data in it.  Just said 'starting new log file'.  I

The upkeep glitch seems to start after a week or two.  Not sure what its related to. 

Strangely, the next time I played, I did not get the line 2718 and 2729 error.  I had made no changes or updates.

Thank you very much for all your help so far.  It's greatly appreciated, truly.

The error about cf is thrusting weapon appears to only occur when you encounter enemy armies with groups that need to self identify as polearm troops.
Keep an eye on it if you get to the point of battling non-bandits.

There are two wage calculations.
Individual unit wages and party wages.
Are you reporting a party wage or individual wages?
You can see individual wages by going to character screens.
The party wage script in BW is known to be glitcy with submods.

I've worked with submods where I lost 20000 every week for having a ship I didn't own.
I never could fix it, but every week I granted myself 20000.
I could try to borro party wages from another mod if this appears to be a problem.

Hello. I just started playing Brytenwalda with this mod, and I have a question
Is it possible to disable the "new tariff", debug messages, the controversy due to war damage and the various thing that fills the chat log ?
I'm using the latest version from the Nexus + the patch C.

Thank you !

Back
Top Bottom