Innovative 2015 submod "Brytenwalda Reworked" pulling together the best features

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't had time to test beyond 1 week.
I check every lord that loses a fief and follow them around and go meet them and ask what they think about their Lords.

I can set the trigger at 8 or even 12. Native sets it at 12, but BW1.41 and Repolished have it set at every 4 time units.

Is this really occurring after week1? I would think it would dramatically slow down.
I am not seeing anything wrong with Glastenic.
In my test game, Bernaccia and Gewissae were losing Lords.
I save every 24 hours and when I do a new restart, different things happen.
There is alot of randomness, but alot of intrigue as well.

There is a chance I have a bug in the game that causes Liege-lord relationships to free fall with conflict.
I have a thread on the Forge and will fix it as soon as I have some advice.

This is my work from the past 2 days on:
BW Reworked v20 Patch E.
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?
1) AI over indictments. I suggest you play on average.
I'm getting 3-4 indictments now in week 1 and guess it should be about 2/week.
The game is full of rivalries and bitter feuds within factions and between factions.
I decreased the fallout by:
A) Increasing the relationship values of extended families. If there is a marriage or blood relative, they have 2X the relationship
B) Reducing trigger calls to the indictment script from 4 to 8.
C) Directly reducing the penalties for standard events like losing batttles.
D) Making it harder to convert an enemy lord
several more changes.
Let me know if this seems too placid or about right.
There must be 20,000 lines of code in Scripts that focus on creating conflict between troops.

We will start a new thread for this if you wish to discuss it.

2) Big improvement in weapon scripts allows me to reintroduce polearms as polearms.
No more two-handed weapon animations for spears
The AI is still like native; they equip with the dumbest one-hand  weapon unless you do a formation call and disband the formation.
If your party spawns in a long line, call any formation but no formation and this will run the script that makes them examine their weapons.

3) Many improvements to dialogs, special merchants, moduleitems and troops.
If you have your own itemkinds1, you can still use it without risking lost playability.
It still will be revised extensively in future releases.
I am fixing it gradually hoping a volunteer will come help out.

I plan to release a new standalone tomorrow evening with and improved Resource file.

Version 21 is slowly uploading to here:
It includes Version 20 and all its patches as well as:
1) New AI to decrease defections (auto-indictments)
2) New books available through the booksellers and the monasteries.
3) Revised the learn to read process
4) More fixes for special merchants.
5) The standalone and module.ini has been greatly improved.
The file is about 60mb smaller and should load the game about 10 sec quicker.
The names of resource files have changed so the module.ini is critical. They were originally in flowery spanish, but are half english now.
All of the Repolished shader fixes have been included.
The files sorted and streamlined for ease of use.

Savegames?
Yes. You can even keep your old itemkinds1, but there will be conflicts. It's better to merge using Winmerge to keep up.

See the new threads I am starting

I can not test these last patches as my laptop is broken. I do not understand what is happening with defections in last patch. Are they still occurring early in the game or they stopped to? I am looking foward to test and play with updates once my laptop is fixed. Tnx for your efforts.

I did quite a bit of work on late-game in April.
Turn "campaign ai" to poor and they will not be able to gather large armies to attack you.

This is a very old problem with all mods of M&B.
It is worse in BW because there are so many more factions to cause the chain reaction.
I have never gotten past 3 weeks into a kingdom before being at war with 50% of the island.

This is one of the biggest reasons I started this project.
I have many late-game improvements in place and hope to add more when I understand scripts more.

Has anyone else run into CTD's or significant issues with the new release?
Remember to send the rgllog if you do.
I will post a patch a which has only trivial improvements because 1 player reports CTD at pressing "lead your men" in the pre-battle.
I worry that my upload or Nexus might have corrupted the scripts.

Any new updates coming soon? What happened with those defections, have you managed to fix the issue, or to find a solution?

In my testing, I was getting variable amounts on campaign ai hard (good).
One 7 day test had 1 defection in 8 days.
Another had 8 in 8 days.
The average is still about 4 a week for hard and maybe 2-3 for average.

I am working on new debugging features and expect a new release this weekend.
I won't have many new changes for players to see however unless someone has a particular problem that needs fixing.

The best possible solution would be, if possible, to make defections not happening early in campaign. It's silly when defections happens so early, why on earth lords would go and join another faction and get no fief as reward, when they have fiefs with their starting factions. One or two, four at most, defections in first 30 days, would be acceptable, i think, but more than that makes no sense for me. Does it make sense for you? What do you think about those defections, are they realistic, because, maybe, i am wrong. Hope you can find a solution.

Unfortunately, I've tweaked all the AI code for defections and it's only improved 50%.

It's a feature I"m asking about, but no one seems willing to respond to.
If you have a friendly script expert, I'd be happy to talk or pm him about this.

The game starts with everything randomized including the rivalries of lords to their lieges.
What I'm seeing is the non-family vassals are developing negative relations with their lieges.
When they lose >1 battle, develop a rivalry, or even lose a fief, they are highly likely to reach the -99 relation point that causes them to defect.
If you play on easy campaign AI, you will see that you only get about 1 per week on average.

We have another thread devoted to this topic that explains this:
Briefly, these were the dark ages and once the language boundary was down, there was alot of jockeying for power and supremacy.
I think the Mierce, Lindisware maybe the only factions that defections trouble me as they had their own language .
Conflict leads to defection which leads to more conflict.

This is the perfect place to establish oneself in a kingdom where a defection just occurred and get 2-3 fiefs. In the old game, you usually got 0-1 villagers fiefs.

I don't know anyone who can help.

Is it possible to make Al lords to lose relations much slower with their lieges or other lords from same faction?
It's boring to play at easy difficulty, avg might be good, but good/hardest is my favorite option.
Only problem is that, the game is unplayable on good/hardest difficulty because of so many defections.

Is it possible to downgrade the mod version to the one where defections were not the issue?

I have  a special thread dedicated to this issue.
I will post a new patch Wednesday with new debugs and several more methods to lower relationship drops that I think will help more.

New Patch available to slow the rate at which Lords change sides.
With this patch, defections in week 1 and 2 should be about 0 while you should start seeing 1 a week by week 3 play on average campaign AI.
It has a few changes in simple triggers.
The biggest change is in Scripts.
Some updates to parties.txt as well.
The rest of the files are untouched.
Patch B released:

New patch C is out at http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?
It's a text file patch, so it downloads quickly.
The main changes:
1) New druid quest script. After you complete it, he becomes the games only vendor of quality pict-skins!
You gain attributes and skills during the quest, but the messages to tell you that only appear during some game launches.
Check out your stats before you agree to the ritual and the body or head painting.

2) The stuttering is due to several political calculation scripts.
I think I have found  a way to confine this to the night time.
If you have a good computer, you probably haven't noticed it.
If your computer's like mine, it was a big problem.
I hope this fix works.

3) A number of minor changes in scripts, dialogs, troops and items as usual.

I still check this board daily for new topics or suggestions.
I have a number of major upgrades I've been planning on, but have no time at present.
I am setting up a custom new computer rig for better modding and am busy with programming classes.
I look forward to your gameplay experiences.

gdwitt said:
I still check this board daily for new topics or suggestions.
I have a number of major upgrades I've been planning on, but have no time at present.
I am setting up a custom new computer rig for better modding and am busy with programming classes.
I look forward to your gameplay experiences.

A new computer!  I have thought about upgrading my CPU.  Then I would be able to better enjoy all the new, resource-demanding mods out there and play with a battle size above 170.  My computer works fairly well for Vanilla and some of the existing mods but really dogs it on mods like Perisno, A New Dawn, and Sands of Faith.  Brytenwalda works okay, better without the polished landscapes stuff.

Speaking of modding, I am getting close to completing my mod and it can't be soon enough.  I am getting burned out on the whole thing.  It is looking good and playing well but I need to get some closure on it.  Keep up the good work and good luck with the classes.

Gdwitt -- excellent initiative!  Maybe you can help?

There was once a submod that you could recruit over 100 NPC's.  I loved this.  It doesn't work on the current patch.  Anyway this can be done? I't mean the world to this guy. 

Back
Top Bottom