In 1.5.7 even with education system, the lvl 5 heir is still a bit weaker than lvl 1 start character, a discussion to change the situation.

How do you like the heir system be?

• Heirs should be weaker than your first character like it is in 1.5.7

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Heirs should have the same total points with first character for balance

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Heirs should have random base stats/education effect for immersion and gameplay

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Heirs should be better than first character for better resources player could afford

Votes: 32 38.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

So anyway, I mostly put this out of my head but then I noticed something a bit fishy about my brother.
Here is my character at level 35.
2IbS6YZ.jpg

Here is my brother at level 24.
jR73Znx.jpg

Notice something... amiss? I kinda perked up when I saw his starting attributes (they looked pretty good and he was still level 1) and he came with all this gear: the full brass lamellar set, noble bow, a good horse. Then I realized that his Bow skill hit something like 100 and his Riding 160+ in about 84 days. But I forgot to mention it until now that it is blatantly obvious the dude has more attributes than my player character.

Please don't go back and nerf this TW.

(Also Medicine still levels slow as ****; I don't have a Surgeon and have spent twenty years losing men hand over fist to get... Medicine 59.
Yeah I've noticed this too in some games. IF the education goes properly they can start out with more attributes then player character does, however I've had them come out like the old school NO extra attributes almost no fp or skill monstrosities we had before too. I don't know what version you started that game on, but I feel education/sibling (probably children too) gets butcher frequently or just has some issues that aren't thoroughly tested yet.

I feel like the people making these systems don't fully understand them. Attributes and FP is needed and all but really MUCH MORE SKILL needs to come from education choices. SO many skills need a base amount to even function and grow on NPC lords and it makes no sense to have a hunting adventure but only get 5 skill. MORE SKILL TW!

as the game exists I don't think theres really any point in having crusader kings style "bad heirs". imo it should just pretty much be a potential upgrade, or a chance to switch play styles.

Back
Top Bottom