Resolved Impossible to recruit top tier prisoners

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I didn't noticed when this bug started but not since the beginning I guess. In version 1.6.2 beta I never recruited tier 5 regular prisoners or tier 6 noble prisoners even after keeping them monthes in the party. Their "conformity" gauge never fills up.

My guess is that maybe this conformity recruitment system works like passive daily xp and it would explain why only top tier soldiers are involved in this bug because they can't earn more xp.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I just sent a save with a lot of prisoners. You can see the issue when expanding tooltypes for each prisoner type in the party screen. If you pass time you can the the conformity gauge fill up every day for each low and medium tier prisoner types, but this gauge stick to zero for tier5 standart troops and tier6 noble troops.

If it is of any help i looked into the code and found where it goes wrong.
The game uses the same code for adding prisoner conformity as they do for regular xp. It is in the method "AddXpToTroopAtIndex" in TroopRoster.cs where things go wrong.
This method uses "ClampXp" which clamps xp gain based the upgrade xp cost for for the unit. Which in the case of top tier troops is 0. Makes sense for normal troops but not for prisoners.
To fix this the method needs to check if the unit is a prisoner and skip "ClampXp" if it is.

Back
Top Bottom