[Immortals] Immortals clan embassy

Users who are viewing this thread

Immortals

Squad of Immortals came to Calradia!
We came here for victory.

The Immortals (Greek: Ἀθάνατοι, Athanatoi) were one of the elite tagmata military units of the Byzantine Empire, first raised during the late 10th century. The name derives from a- ("without") + thanatos ("death").

The Athanatoi were a body of young men of noble status that was originally raised by John I Tzimiskes (r. 969-976) for his war with the Rus'. The unit was probably disbanded shortly afterwards, since it does not appear again in the sources. The 10th century historian Leo the Deacon refers to the impressive spectacle that the Athanatoi made in their gold and silver armour.

The Immortals were however revived under the Emperor Michael VII (r. 1071–1081), when his minister Nikephoritzes reorganised the army. This reorganisation was part of an effort to address a major military crisis for the Empire following the disastrous defeat suffered by the Byzantines against the Seljuk Turks at the Battle of Manzikert in 1071. The Seljuks had subsequently overrun most of Asia Minor, which had provided the main recruiting ground for the pre-Manzikert army.

As part of the reorganisation process, the remnants of the provincial troops of the Eastern themata (military provinces) were brought together as the Immortals, providing a new tagmatic regiment. The new Immortals may have been cavalry, like the bulk of the old Byzantine field army, but this is not certain.

The Byzantine historian Nicephorus Bryennius the Younger records that the Immortals numbered 10,000, but this is most likely an allusion to the old Persian Immortal Guard. He adds that the title of "Immortals" was originally accorded only to officers but was soon applied to the entire corps.

General information:

We are russian clan, which plays Warband.

Our banner:

Our site:
http://immortalsv.clan.su

We on the Calradian realms
Clan tag: _Immortals
Clan type: professional
Clan server:Immortals_RU_Battle

Charter:
Forbidden:

1.Be in another clans;
2.Playing matches for another clans;
3.Discussing the clan tactics or strong or weak sides of clan members with other players (not members of out clan) ;
4.Carrying aggression from game to real life;
5.To brag the superiority in the class of game and to manifest neglect to the novices;
6.Using uncensored speech on our server;
7.To accomplish acts conflicting with the stated higher to the charter, rules of behavior and обще accepted and moral codes of conduct, defaming a clan;;

Clan members:
Komit rei militaris:

Shtorm_Krm_Immortals(Clan leader)

Domestik:

CyMpaK_Dmst_Immortals(Member of council)

Stratig:

d`Asseux_Str_Immortals(Member of council)
Loras_Tyrell_Str_Immortals(Member of council)

Ekshuvitian:

FRY_Esh_Immortals(Member of council)
Wilhelm_Shadau_Esh_Immortals

Option:

Demanhh_Opt_Immortals
FRack_Opt_Immortals
Kpacc_Opt_Immortals
Gansterok_Opt_Immortals
PULLO_Opt_Immortals
Prince Eugen_Opt_Immortals
Green_Opt_Immortals
SB_XaskA_Opt_Immortals

Adsatus:

Lennox_Ads_Immortals
Leon473_Ads_Immortals
Simargl_Ads_Immortals
ZeRoIn_Ads_Immortals

Recruit:

BlackRitter_Rec_Immortals
Simba_Rec_Immorals
Lydoed_Rec_Immortals

Clan Wars:
Immortals 4-16 Renesaince(Defeat)
Immortals 2-18 Shinobi(Defeat)

Prince_Eugen said:
Immortals

Squad of Immortals came to Calradia!
We came here for victory.

The Immortals (Greek: Ἀθάνατοι, Athanatoi) were one of the elite tagmata military units of the Byzantine Empire, first raised during the late 10th century. The name derives from a- ("without") + thanatos ("death").

The Athanatoi were a body of young men of noble status that was originally raised by John I Tzimiskes (r. 969-976) for his war with the Rus'. The unit was probably disbanded shortly afterwards, since it does not appear again in the sources. The 10th century historian Leo the Deacon refers to the impressive spectacle that the Athanatoi made in their gold and silver armour.

The Immortals were however revived under the Emperor Michael VII (r. 1071–1081), when his minister Nikephoritzes reorganised the army. This reorganisation was part of an effort to address a major military crisis for the Empire following the disastrous defeat suffered by the Byzantines against the Seljuk Turks at the Battle of Manzikert in 1071. The Seljuks had subsequently overrun most of Asia Minor, which had provided the main recruiting ground for the pre-Manzikert army.

As part of the reorganisation process, the remnants of the provincial troops of the Eastern themata (military provinces) were brought together as the Immortals, providing a new tagmatic regiment. The new Immortals may have been cavalry, like the bulk of the old Byzantine field army, but this is not certain.

The Byzantine historian Nicephorus Bryennius the Younger records that the Immortals numbered 10,000, but this is most likely an allusion to the old Persian Immortal Guard. He adds that the title of "Immortals" was originally accorded only to officers but was soon applied to the entire corps.

Why couldn't you have just given us a link to Wikipedia instead?

All that has absolutely nothing to do with Warband, your clan, or has any sort of noticeable relevance whatsoever to this context.

Oh, wait, I found it.

Lmao, way to just rip **** off Wikipedia about some old military unit, paste it on your clan thread, and act like it has some sort of relevance. Moron.

Rhade that was kind of rude and uncalled for.
Its their clan presentation, their problem, i wouldn't like to have the first page of my clan thread with a post like yours, would you like it in your clan thread?
Calling Moron? c'mon.

Plagiarism is a serious issue, so I really don't give a damn what your opinion is on it.

The guy is using a piece of information as his own, not only silly and petty but it's a bit shady.

I don't care, people are free to post as they please, but I find it interesting I get a warning for calling someone out as a plagiarist, yet their post stands unchanged. This isn't about personal opinion about what a clan thread should be about, this is about taking a piece of work and presenting it as your own. Totally unacceptable.

I said that its my information? If yes - show me this. Yes i copy this information, but i don`t present it like my own.
And please no insults to my address, ok.

Rhade said:
I don't care, people are free to post as they please, but I find it interesting I get a warning for calling someone out as a plagiarist, yet their post stands unchanged. This isn't about personal opinion about what a clan thread should be about, this is about taking a piece of work and presenting it as your own. Totally unacceptable.

Moron does not equal  plagiarist.
A well deserved warning.
Eugen we should arrange a match one day, whats your steam?

Back
Top Bottom