SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Intra-clan party controls need to be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ba18070

Recruit
Right now its way too obtuse to tell your party leaders in your own clan what to do. It feels terrible in games when you cant tell your guys to do simple directions that you would give them if you could freely talk to them, things so plain that you could write it in 5 words or less and they would understand, but they wont do it in the game. Lets go over a few:
1. Do not recruit troops of a certain type. I dont want to see any more Battanian Horsemen, Sword Sisters, Mercenaries of any type or Veteran Falxmen show up in my parties ever again.
2. Do not donate troops to the garrison. I won a siege with zero deaths and lost 60 men because my troops threw their elite troops in the garrison, especially seem to prefer using my small number of Fian champions. I had hordes of captured militia to put in the garrison. If you HAVE to donate troops at least let me earmark who will go.
3. Do not join any other armies. I want my guys to go out and do things but then as soon as I let them go they walk off to another army immediately across the entire map.
4. Stay within 2 days journey/patrol this area. Seems simple enough but they wont do it.
5. Avoid combat unless reinforcing allies. For some reason they love to seek out battles when enemy reinforcements are two steps away and get dogpiled.
6. Follow me. Allows for army-like numbers but solo level speed. The drawback is no centralized command if you do get caught out, making your military efforts much weaker until you form up.
7. Giving them equipment to put on as they level up skills (Horses, ranged weapons) instead of having to switch commanders just to retrofit them and then send them back. Unnecessarily dense management mechanics and tedium are very heavy currently. I LOVE the dense amount of management. I hate when it takes 3 hours of my playtime per day because interfaces and options arent optimized.
8. Designate upgrade paths for when they do elect to upgrade troops for me.
9. (Not army related) being able to donate all the gear I want to troops and level them up straight through the maximum instead of having to stop to upgrade them each time. Any unused XP can just sit in a "donor gear" box waiting for the next troops to use it. Just have a button that says "Donate gear" on each troop and it pours it directly on that one instead of spreading it out evenly.
10. Donating parties horses so they can use them to move faster instead of leaving me with the worlds most massive herding penalty because they didnt take the horses they were riding while in my army, despite being of my clan.

Right now playing medieval daycare simulator just gets on my nerves. This game is so incredibly good at its core but I can only play for like a week or two at a time before it just drives me away with this nonsense. I know its part of the iteration cycle but after 3 years of iteration its time for some player convenience options.

Yes yes yes. I can't for the life of me understand why its impossible to command any of your parties, or influence their actions. I've just gone from playing this on pc to playing on console and without mods this game seems absolutely empty... it feels like when it first came out on pc and there was no mods or finished stories, quests etc... I dont understand how it went from warband to bannerlord and almost nothing besides the graphics have improved. Love the campaign map translating to battle map. But other than it looking cool it has little other effect, there is no way to conceal your numbers, ambush, fighting retreat, pincer etc in coordination with your other parties. Its so frustrating because a lot of medieval battles were won or lost on their ability to communicate, scout and organise logistics. No court or intrigue mechanics, the marriage mechanics are barely there, no real way to interact with your partner or children, no building mechanics. Its more like warband remastered than a genuine sequel. I was so excited when it first went into early access thinking it was a great foundation for some interesting mechanics, but almost nothing has changed besides the stability. It was a BETA release with polishing to be done.

Back
Top Bottom