If the Taleworld devs don't start paying attention to Multiplayer as much as they do Singleplayer, I will refund the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

If they dont finally add Sir Froggyluv founding Knight of the Knights Who Say Neet - i too shall refund. Buy it again and perhaps.............refund again! shrubbery!!

Dude is just disappointed, which quite understandable considering how bland current MP is. I gave up with MP during last week of beta, but not everybody knew how unfinished it truly was, before buying it.

People who played the mp in the closed beta for a long time already, might have a different view on it. I remember when I startet the mp, it had like 2 fps and crashed every fiew seconds. From this point of view it has been improved a lot. People who recently joined might have had different expectations and are dissappointed now.

Dude is just disappointed, which quite understandable considering how bland current MP is. I gave up with MP during last week of beta, but not everybody knew how unfinished it truly was, before buying it.

Yeah, especially after waiting so long it's understandable that some people will have very high expectations. But it's not TW problem that people hyped it up for themselves and didn't read the warning signs.
I hope that after a couple of months of putting out fires and some features MP will also be sorted out since it would be a shame if part of the community would be left overboard, just some understanding from their side (like most MP players that do post actually) would be helpful for all of us :smile:

People who recently joined might have had different expectations and are dissappointed now.
Yeah, especially after waiting so long it's understandable that some people will have very high expectations.
And my point is that it feels pretty unfair to bash this guy for 5 pages for being angry how MP turned out to be.

I hope that after a couple of months of putting out fires and some features MP will also be sorted out since it would be a shame if part of the community would be left overboard, just some understanding from their side (like most MP players that do post actually) would be helpful for all of us :smile:
Hopefully sooner than later :grin:

He should know that they made many many patches for the mp, before the ea even started. And if someone creates such a thread in this forum, long discussions have to be expected.
Difference is that beta was free but early access isn't, so you are kinda expect something worth for your money (And yes i know meaning of EA). And of course discussions are always okay, but it's pretty annoying to see dozens of week old recruits to join mob bashing. Yes dude was little too forthcoming but it's not excuse for this kind of response.

I don't get why SP players seem to always be so hostile towards MP.
Yes, the majority of players buy this game or SP. We get that. You play what you like. We like MP, so we ask for some patches for MP.
TaleWorlds has added MP to the game, so it shouldn't just be left alone after EA comes out - that wouldn't just suck for the MP playerbase but also leave a bad mark on TaleWorlds.

Please stop thinking we want that they stop caring about SP. We don't. Not at all. We just want some attention the issues we see with MP.

I don't get why you have to go out, insult us and tell us to find another game...If we thought it was terrible and had no potential, we would have already done so.

Truth be told it goes both ways. I've been playing Mount and Blade since the early days of Warband and have probably close to 2000 hours dedicated to it. Admittedly, I only played probably 150-200 hours of Warband MP (it just always felt pretty janky to me) but I do lurk the forums and read from both areas since I'm playing a lot more MP this time around. One of the things I see the most over in the MP side of the forums are posts like SP bots, newbs, etc. Not saying everyone is like this but there are quite a few people from both sides that stir up the pot so to speak.

This is a pretty divided playerbase and will remain so due to the nature of the game and how its design implementation is carried out. What I mean by this is that things that mostly SP players find important are usually not what MP players find important and vice versa. The hostility between both populations, however, is nothing short of funny in how stupid it is. To be frank, I kind of like it since it cracks me up.

Anyways, my thoughts are that TaleWorlds has set themselves up with a very solid foundation overall. I'm personally enjoying both SP and MP side of things.

Difference is that beta was free but early access isn't, so you are kinda expect something worth for your money (And yes i know meaning of EA). And of course discussions are always okay, but it's pretty annoying to see dozens of week old recruits to join mob bashing. Yes dude was little too forthcoming but it's not excuse for this kind of response.

You got a point there, but I wouldn't want to wait another year or so until they finally launch it and I don't think the majority of the community would. And I don't approve of bashing either.

They did not address much of the important concerns during beta, u can go to multiplayer forums and see for urself. Also, multiplayer has literally no effect on single player... they can be balanced and fixed differently. They are basically a different game.
Obviously you dont know much about software development. Basically they are the same game, same engine. The kind of balancing you are asking for is part of configuration management, which often follows development; i.e. they need to finish up coding first before adjusting fine details.

Also, which part of "Early Access" don't you understand? The devs gave us the opportunity to play the upcoming game before release and our part of the deal is we help them with constructive feedback. Unless you are up for it, then wait for release.

it is early access and not for everyone at least they gave it a try. lets help other threads that actually have questions

most people just return games/products and move on with their life. we all have different experiences. op is posting for attention. just stop replying to this thread

Last edited:

I can't say I agree with the bashing myself, but I think most people have a problem not with what the OP was saying, but with how he was saying it.

It is honestly getting really old to see all the entitled posts demanding this or that, especially given the amount of work that Taleworlds has put out so far after release with the daily patches. This applies both to SP and MP, so definitely no division there.

It is honestly getting really old to see all the entitled posts demanding this or that, especially given the amount of work that Taleworlds has put out so far after release with the daily patches. This applies both to SP and MP, so definitely no division there.

Not gonna excuse the entitlement but they brought it on themselves by inviting the so called "best" players of Warband and the top modders of Warband to test the alpha. Most of these people have made lots of super constructive feedback posts throughout the alpha and beta and been ignored or told that things wouldn't change despite it being in the interest of the people who will most likely spend the most time playing the game.

For example, singleplayer has different armour values for different areas, head, chest, arm, leg etc. In multiplayer you get ONE armour value and it covers you from head to toe. Not many were a fan of this, but it's a byproduct of the "class" system that the same people were very vocally opposed to. But Taleworlds have said this is not changing, and so forgive people for having a sense of annoyance for basically giving proper feedback pointing out something that they don't like and the developer saying it doesn't matter what they think it's staying as it is. Why bother asking for their feedback in the first place?

Because of this also, don't worry about singleplayer being changed in anyway because of multiplayer, they are balanced differently, they are implemented differently and as a result people will play multiplayer and probably feel like it's an entirely different game sometimes.

Not gonna excuse the entitlement but they brought it on themselves by inviting the so called "best" players of Warband and the top modders of Warband to test the alpha. Most of these people have made lots of super constructive feedback posts throughout the alpha and beta and been ignored or told that things wouldn't change despite it being in the interest of the people who will most likely spend the most time playing the game.

For example, singleplayer has different armour values for different areas, head, chest, arm, leg etc. In multiplayer you get ONE armour value and it covers you from head to toe. Not many were a fan of this, but it's a byproduct of the "class" system that the same people were very vocally opposed to. But Taleworlds have said this is not changing, and so forgive people for having a sense of annoyance for basically giving proper feedback pointing out something that they don't like and the developer saying it doesn't matter what they think it's staying as it is. Why bother asking for their feedback in the first place?

Because of this also, don't worry about singleplayer being changed in anyway because of multiplayer, they are balanced differently, they are implemented differently and as a result people will play multiplayer and probably feel like it's an entirely different game sometimes.

Well that sounds really dumb of Taleworlds. Especially the thing about the single piece of armor. As far as I can tell though they have been very responsive for what concerns single player, so perhaps they have learned from their past mistakes?

Anyway I just wish people could be less aggressive and less prone to anger on this forum. I don't really see the point, we are all here to enjoy this game and we all want it to be the best game possible. Differences of opinion should not be taken personally, and it wouldn't hurt to reread what we all type twice before hitting that post reply button.

Back
Top Bottom