Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

The idea above is a very good one, the ability to have patrols would be great.  Also battle continuation for sieges, choosing whether to sit out until a battle is over or to build ladders and towers each time you get knocked out is a tough decision.

Would it be possible to raise the max battle size higher than 150? I've been playing some Viking Conquest recently, and I think the added size in that version would translate really well to battles where you have complex combinations of troops, with pikes, cav, arque, etc

Alfonso dArmigerio said:
Would it be possible to raise the max battle size higher than 150? I've been playing some Viking Conquest recently, and I think the added size in that version would translate really well to battles where you have complex combinations of troops, with pikes, cav, arque, etc

As of right now you can raise the max battle size without Quint needing to rework it in the mod.
Just find your rgl_config.txt which should be in your MBWarband folder (the place where your character saves are).
Find the value called "battle_size" and change that. I think 1 is the default 150, and 2.5 gives you somewhere around ~300 troops.

Alfonso dArmigerio said:

There's a mod for battle size changes

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103109.0

AkuArmoton said:
Alfonso dArmigerio said:

There's a mod for battle size changes

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103109.0

Thanks @Aku
Thanks @Swenzi as well

Getting money and renown through tournaments is way too easy.

Maybe the access to tournaments should be earned through arenas first (e.g. 5 wins in arenas to prove you are a worthy fighter). When we are at it, arena wins should imho grant renown.

Can you add in a feature to allow us to create patrols/scouts/ect?

It's quite unfair when other Kingdoms have an advantage over you by having tons of scouts and patrols while you have none.

The player healing feature in this mod is simply ridiculous, you can do it an infinite amount of times in the battle which makes this an arcade power up which is really just cheating :party:; maybe it should only be an option once per battle; way way way way too easy!

As I am just entering the world of Nova Aetas, I am loving every bit of it. I am kind of new to the whole mod front, but I am amazed on how much mods ca change the game and make it so awesome.

Nova Aetas feels full of great awesome ideas and one of them is the Social Class system. It feels though liek a new feature that has been quickly implemented and either restricted by the game engine or just not yet developed.

I was wondering if it is not possible to restrict a bit more social class climbing. What I mean is two things. Either make some "jobs" gain less prestige over time, to the point their give none eventually or lock down social climbing to possible quests.

Like for example, becoming a Journeyman through mining should be impossible. The player would have to complete a taste that would reflect to the description of the class, rather for the description not affecting the player.

This whole class system kind of reminded me one of my favorite PC RPG, Gothic. I remember how the player had to choose a faction and then slowly rise in rank, getting more privileges as he did. Of course this is a different kind of game, but still I feel it would immerse the player more to have to gain at least some of the class upgrades.. while it will annoy others that just want to farm points and get a better rank.

Is it possible to turn your colonies into cities? A way of doing this is moving a city in the same coohordinates of the colony with some weird flags until a trigger is activated.

I got some small ideas: swordbreaker, swordstaff, new sallet
                                    wait! what?
                                    eh-yes I mean to include the swordbreaker and the swordstaff into the game ( the later was a quite common weapon in Sweden, so I also wouldn't mind to see it on some Union - troops)
                                    And I've noticed something about the sallet - not in the game but in reality: Wearers often left the throat and jaw unprotected cause the beard heavily limited breathing - so why not just use a sallet model with a mail coif for the start and later on: a beard with breathing slits in it.

There have been a lot of people commenting on stuck AI lords. In my own games I've noticed that the AI tends to get stuck at one geographic location in the New World. Otherwise, the only time it occurs is when Mithradian lords go a plundering, then end up locked out of both Zendar and the Sarranid port due to wars.
It seems that the real problem is that there are no neutral ports or harbors, offering sea access to all regardless of political status. In addition, it seems odd that the foremost seafaring race (the Nords) have exactly ZERO harbors... After all, if Christian Scandinavia is represented by the Nordic Union, then the Hanseatic League and It's respective shipping power would not be out of place. Maybe even trade convoys could go from one city to another carrying salted fish, furs, salt, etc.
I propose that harbors be added in a few additional locations. Wercheg, Rivacheg (maybe), and Sargoth. In addition, I think adding a ferry that is controlled by a Mithradian castle would solve most of their pathfinding as they would then have a "land" route home regardless of war with others. After all, it seems rather silly that a maritime empire would be forced to only land at two locations, both of which are frequently hostile to them...
To keep Zendar as the "gateway to the New World", that could be the only place where you could buy large ships like the galleon. In the Nord regions you would have to purchase smaller trading cog-like vessels to better simulate a Hanseatic League-feel.

TL;DR: Add Nordic ports with trade convoys, add a Mithradian-controlled ferry, limit ship purchase to Zendar

EDIT: as far as getting stuck in the New World, I think that is a straight-up pathfinding concern

Suggestion for end-game:
Giving lords better ranks should probably also give weekly relation boost.
Alternatively, a steward option for automated additional weekly payment to lords for relations would be welcome.
Barring that, a steward option of one-click payment to all lords below certain relation (like 50) would be welcome.
Because when a kingdom has many lords and virtually infinite money, it is just boring to pay every lord by 10000! no challenge, just clicks for half an hour.

Other suggestions:
When choosing a lord for a fief through minister, it would be good to see number of lord's fiefs displayed in the lord choosing dialogue (like when assigning fief after it is taken from an enemy).

Export lines for colonies to auto-sell their good(s).

Ability to give presents to the wife, including new dresses to wear. Or just manage wife's inventory.

Normalizing items by effectiveness/price.

Adjusting similar items to have similar (maybe even equal) stats. It somewhat limits cosmetic choices, that some heraldic plates are 45 armor and some are 60, while using the same model.

It would be awesome to give weapon orders like in Floris Mod. With non custom kingdom troops the majority of them are permanently attached to their spears. Would be nice to change it up with swords or axes for close quarters.

I have a few very minor suggestions I'd like to share

1) Make customized kingdom troops renamable
It'd be nice to rename your troops. For example, if I had a unit called "(faction name) Spearman", but I re-equipped him to suit a different task, for example a swordsman or an axeman, I can change his name to match. One can also give their units more exciting or even silly names, such as "(faction name) Chosen ones" or "(faction name) looters".

2) Make the player's honorific separate from his faction's culture
What I mean is, when you're selecting a title for yourself after establishing a faction (King, Sultan, Prince, etc), that title affects your faction's culture (what troops you can recruit in towns and castles, what troops companion lords use, what your court dresses up like). For example, one might want to have the title prince but want their troops to be Swadian-based rather than Rhodokian but can't because of this limitation. Also, it causes this to happen :razz::
Q8rc7E3.jpg

3) An option in the camp menu to delete ships you have spawned and left on the shore
Ships can get stuck in places sometimes
zzn3v8z.jpg
Their mere existence causes this to appear whenever you hover your cursor over your character on the map
ZkvCVZY.jpg
A button to delete all the ships you've left around would be very convenient in cleaning up any messes a player has made.

4) Choosing your vassal's honorifics
I don't know why, but apparently lords preserve the title they had from the last faction they were a part of, when they join yours. Rather than having a Sheik Grainwad, an Earl Vlan and a Knyaz Uqais in your ranks, it'd be nice to be able to set what titles your vassals possess.

Cheers :party:

A few simple ideas:
1.You should revamp the roads on the overland map. For instance, there should be roads from Praven to every Swadian city, castle and town. The road texture should also be changed to stone.
2.While in a noble's army, the player should gain a small sum of prestige for every rank up. Enlisting should immediately bring them up to peasant status if they're not above or below it, and every rank in the army they reach past the recruit stage should give them an incremental amount of prestige. These incremental prestige boosts should be the same across all factions. In armies that don't have a lot of ranks, the lower prestige gained upon reaching their top rank is justified due to the ease of getting it. In armies that have plenty of ranks, the higher prestige is justified by the time it took to reach that rank. This may urge people to enlist in a faction with 6 ranks, like Swadia, the Nords and Noregr, etc.
3. Prevent the Calradian factions from having wars with the Acztaocs.
EDIT: 4. Quests in taverns. NPCs could be found in taverns that give you quests. Some examples: an explorer who wants to go to the New World and needs an intrepid group of mercenaries to go with him, a farmer who needs you to scare away some bandits, a monk seeking men to go on pilgrimage to Hierosolyma, a runaway slave who wants you to bring him back to his home country where he was a freeman. Each of these quests could be done in several ways, like giving the explorer money to hire some mercenaries, or turning the slave in, and the rewards are different depending on what you do, so turning the slave in gives you some prestige and money, while taking him to his country gives you an item and some renown.
5. Menial tasks that can be done in villages for money, food, or general kindness. Kind of like in Brytenwalda, but with actual labour, like picking up stones and carrying them to some place, or herding cattle back into their pens. At the end you can choose whether you want a small sum of money, usually 10-50 florins, some food, or a small amount of piety.

Here are some suggestions:

-All the gem blades(Aethur,Faladar,...) can only thrust when using them as one-handed,so maybe make them swing also when one-handed.
-Strenghten Vaegirs a little,they have way over-nerfed armors and weapons.
-Insert the option to continue fighting with an NPC you select when you fall in battle.
-Strenghten all crusader armors,especially Templar Armors.33 armor for Templar Knight Armors is way too little for me.They did have light armors mostly,but they were so skilled that they didn't need heavier armors and they just weighted them down,but the game can't determine their skill so they have a very small survivability in battles compared to history 'cuz of the low-armor armors.
-Make an option for customizable banners like in "Sword of Damocles" mod.
-Make customizable weapons,shields and armors(different sword-handles with different blades for example,different symbols on shields and different symbols of heraldic armors).

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom