Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Ideas & Suggestions Center of Nova Aetas

Do have your own unique ideas to improve overall gameplay, quality and uniqueness of Nova Aetas?
Please don't hesitate to let us know your thoughts on the many features Nova Aetas provides.
Or share you plan, containing something completely new.

*Since there is a new world, I suggest you implement the fog of war ingame, floris has it, I think it would be very fitting here.

*I think you should make the choices and starting gear a lot more interesting and entirely new, it's what helps draw me in the game a lot.

*Since this setting takes place some centuries after Warband's story and with it after your potential's hero's deeds and impacts on Calradia, a story option of being a long lost and now obscure relative of the said hero of Calradia would be neat and further help us immerse ourselves. :smile:

*I would also like it if more advanced gear in shops was to become steadily and progressively available as the nature of warfare in Calradia progresses. Seeing shops with fancy morions and burgonets at the same time as 11th and 12th century nasal helmets is kind of immersion ruining in my opinion.

Having a system like the one in Floris where you can check an option to auto-pause the game when fast traveling. I lost a good sum of my money by being attacked by bandits because I was fast traveling. As it stands, the feature is pretty useless.

Something else then lances in Swadia tournaments. I find it so annoying when you can only use lances, aswell as there is no way to end it if both dismount and no damage will be dealt out.

Tybalt_ said:
Something else then lances in Swadia tournaments. I find it so annoying when you can only use lances, aswell as there is no way to end it if both dismount and no damage will be dealt out.
In which city? I did in the town that replaced Uxkhal and in Praven, and I only found 2-5 lances in the two tournaments.

There might be a way to do this (and I've simply been unable to figure out how) but I'd love to be able to take my men with me while I raid native islander villages.

I find that the "impoverished noble" option of your backstory should be removed since it makes very little sence to be a noble who chops trees and such to  become known as a peasant or a labourer.

I suggest to relocate the player party to Zendar as well as sending the player to that menu when the player goes on ford terrain.

I've noticed a troop titled "Knight of Christ" and I can't help but feel a little removed from the immersion because of it.

I know it seems very minor but you go through all this trouble creating new names like Agonic Order/The Merchant Republic of Zendar; but you also include religions like Christianity and Judaism. It feels like you're creating this new and vibrant world but sticking with all of these real-world names and it feels out of place.

It's like if all of a sudden you're watching Lord of the Rings and suddenly Charlemagne pops out and becomes a part of the Fellowship. I really like what you're doing so far besides that though.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Am I the only person who likes the real-world religions?

I like it when it's in the realm of plausibility/some explanation added. In my opinion a large part of making a Warband mod is creating an interesting environment with its own lore, religion, and history. I ran into something similar with the mod "Red Wars". The world was based upon Europe in the 1920's, the countries had somewhat unique names and had their own history; yet the names for the leaders were something like "Iosif, Man of Steel". Obviously a parody of Joseph Stalin. I'm not sure if it was because they just hadn't gotten around to figuring out unique names and they were there as a sort of placeholder or what. It just seemed goofy.

When you include something like Christianity to this whole new universe that's nothing like ours it just ends up feeling like Earth. The entire reason epic stories like Dune, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings flourish and garner such a massive influence is partly because of the entirely unique and rich lore behind it. Of course you can't entirely escape the influence of our own history and culture (Which is why I'm fine with Germanic-sounding names.).

When I play something like this I tend to wonder "Why didn't they just go ahead and make this into a 16th century Europe mod or something?".
I really want to see this mod turn into something as large as Prophesy of Pendor.

Dude, this is supposed to be the real world, just a fake part of the real world. Er... it's like the Confederate Southern American States in CoD Ghosts.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Dude, this is supposed to be the real world, just a fake part of the real world. Er... it's like the Confederate Southern American States in CoD Ghosts.

Like an alternate history version?
Regardless, it's probably the best Warband mod I've ever played. The colonialism concept is fantastic.

1)This mod should also have option to Controll you Companions like choose Companion as battle commander.
2) more battle commands would be nice like skirmish mode, using horse archers as skirmisher who avoid close combat.

I really like the mod, but I miss some of the big OSP scripts.

Diplomacy mod could really spice things up, and Battle Formations would be a much needed addition to the battles. The tournament enhancement mod would also be really nice. Generally, most of the scripts in Floris are a good addition.

Back
Top Bottom