I want to be a woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being gay would not make the argument any more or less ridiculous than it already is. This game has had many features removed from it compared to Warband all of which would add to the gameplay if reintroduced, but the effort for new text dialogues and clothing models just so people can RP peeing while sitting down seems like a waste of time. Most games don't allow a gender choice, deal with it.

Also lol at thinking it's a "it's a marketing disaster", please take your sensationalist nonsense elsewhere.

We've had multiple posts in this thread from women, stating how disappointed they were. 

If we take 50:1 as the ratio between complaints on this thread, buried in this huge Forum (which is probably very conservative, btw) then let's run some numbers:

15 X 50 X $15 = $11250 dollars in either lost sales or potential sales lost on the next big release, because of disappointment with this one.  Again, that's being really, really conservative, and is just using the Forum posts as a starting point.  You think that this doesn't hurt?  Maybe, maybe not.  The long-term impact on sales may be more important than the immediate impact; after all, since I didn't know that this had been done, because it wasn't stated anywhere in English prior to release, Taleworlds got my money.  As you've already mentioned, there are lots of other reasons to feel a bit burned, but this one's fairly personal; as a modder, I can laugh off bugs and bad game balance and say, "well, if MS code's ever available, I could fix it if I wanted to". 

This is a bit different.  If you're a clueless guy, you probably just think it's a minor feature.  If you're a woman, it's more like a slap on the face, and guys like you aren't improving the perception that women just aren't wanted here. 

xenoargh said:
This is a bit different.  If you're a clueless guy, you probably just think it's a minor feature.  If you're a woman, it's more like a slap on the face
Oh yeah, I'm 100% with you on that. It's absolutely like a slap in the face, even like a punch in the head. It's like the developers came to your house and humiliated you and all your family. It's like they tortured and brutally murdered your little daughter. Oh I hate them so much.

somerandomname said:
xenoargh said:
This is a bit different.  If you're a clueless guy, you probably just think it's a minor feature.  If you're a woman, it's more like a slap on the face
Oh yeah, I'm 100% with you on that. It's absolutely like a slap in the face, even like a punch in the head. It's like the developers came to your house and humiliated you and all your family. It's like they tortured and brutally murdered your little daughter. Oh I hate them so much.

Haha, You could very easily be the coolest Russian ever.

Move over Putin.

somerandomname said:
No I would probably start wars with everyone.  :lol:
Seriously though, this is getting ridiculous, "slap on the face", wow.

No, the fist thing you need to do as president is grant me citizenship so I can get out of this crowded ass country.

Yeah, I know, it's just a game. People are over-reacting.

Damn it. If only I'd known there was a free trial version, I wouldn't have wasted my money.
I liked the Warband character creation system. It might have been a fictional world, but the character creation was realistic. It's true that female leaders were not common but they did exist, and including the option to play as a female is not feminist revisionism, it's just allowing your character to be one of that very small group of women who managed, by birth or by sheer ability, to rise to positions of authority.
Throughout history, women have found ways into positions considered to be exclusive to males. There was a female pope, female tribe leaders, female generals, female pirates... there was even one job that got it's own special name for women: Queen.
I wouldn't expect every major npc to be female, I wouldn't even expect one in many cases, but it seems perfectly reasonable to expect that the player be allowed to be female, especially when it was allowed in the previous game. Surely this new version isn't a complete rewrite?

Ugh. Where can I find mods for this game?

Athywren said:
Because I don't have enough free time to read 889 comments. On which page did you give your solution?

export your character, edit the text file to make yourself female, and reimport.  We can help you with face former codes too if you need it.

Also, as soon as the module system comes out this stuff can be dealt with.  These kinds of requests are easy to fill.

nox said:
export your character, edit the text file to make yourself female, and reimport.  We can help you with face former codes too if you need it.

Also, as soon as the module system comes out this stuff can be dealt with.  These kinds of requests are easy to fill.

Ok, thanks.

xenoargh said:
We've had multiple posts in this thread from women, stating how disappointed they were. 

If we take 50:1 as the ratio between complaints on this thread, buried in this huge Forum (which is probably very conservative, btw) then let's run some numbers:

15 X 50 X $15 = $11250 dollars in either lost sales or potential sales lost on the next big release, because of disappointment with this one.  Again, that's being really, really conservative, and is just using the Forum posts as a starting point.  You think that this doesn't hurt?  Maybe, maybe not.  The long-term impact on sales may be more important than the immediate impact; after all, since I didn't know that this had been done, because it wasn't stated anywhere in English prior to release, Taleworlds got my money.  As you've already mentioned, there are lots of other reasons to feel a bit burned, but this one's fairly personal; as a modder, I can laugh off bugs and bad game balance and say, "well, if MS code's ever available, I could fix it if I wanted to". 

This is a bit different.  If you're a clueless guy, you probably just think it's a minor feature.  If you're a woman, it's more like a slap on the face, and guys like you aren't improving the perception that women just aren't wanted here.

So these women won't play any game they can't get to roll a females as?.... Also where are you plucking this 50 women number from? They need to understand that you have to remake every single piece of armour and redo all the text in the game for a feature which lets face it is a bit of a non factor for the amount of effort it takes to add it in.

Further more there is a demo out so not knowing what was coming is just down to their ignorance, nothing else.

Plenty of games only allow you to roll a male or female the fact that people want their money back due to that reason alone is laughable. A slap in the face? Really?!? Do you always over exaggerate everything or is just on forums? As I said before keep that sensationalist nonsense to yourself.

If someone wants a very time incentive feature added which has no real impact on gameplay other than the aesthetic I personally would not want them here as I would think them an idiot. Male or Female.

@Athywren Pope Joan was a medieval myth and even in that myth she got to that position due to dressing up like a man, spare me the crap.

I have no problem people rolling a female, however that feature would come at a cost due to the amount of work put in to have it work well, (rather than a womans head on a mans body with no difference in the NPCs reaction) my problem would be in the fact even more features would have to be put on a back burner to get it to work and work well, features far more important to gameplay than the aesthetic.

Spinewire said:
They need to understand that you have to remake every single piece of armour and redo all the text...

Having modded text that's not all that hard and especially if one is paid to do it. You also might note that there are several female npcs in the game already that do not require special armor when you hire and outfit them.

Gr0vZ said:
That would look funny IRL:

An officer approaches a line of musketeers:
-Why aren't responding to my orders?!? Why aren't you shooting at the enemy?!?
-B... but, sir... th... they're women, sir!
-What?!? (Looks at the approaching formation of "valkyries") Witches! Get off my battlefield and let my men do their job!
-No! We've come here to fight! (Chuckles somewhere in the lines)
-Come to your sense, woman! This is no place for you!
-No! Fight us!
-GO AWAY!
-Shoot me, God damn it! I'm your enemy!
-I'm not going to shoot a woman...
-Shoot me!
-No.
-SHOOT ME.
-(Silence)
-SHOOT ME SHOOT ME SHOOT ME! I HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS TO GET SHOT IN BATTLE! WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN??? (BAAAAAW follows)

:lol:

Sınce they shot or slashed (depending on the time and weapon) women after wars or during raids (let us remember the crusades and native american slaughter for a moment), i dont think an army would hesisate to shoot women at all especially if they were armed. But i dont think women were joining battle in disguise... I mean COME ON! They camp, they talk, they get inspected for discipline, supplies and equipment. This is not lord of the rings wake up. Women might have definately fought in sieges ( defending) or maybe defending their village againist raids or perhaps defending caravans etc. but i dont think women fought officially in army in those times. If there was a single female commander in those times and regions, i think you would definately have a female character creation option. Btw im not saying those to defend fire and sword, i think fire and sword sucks (especially compared to warband) and i dont understand why you want to play it while you have warband.

Auldman said:
Spinewire said:
They need to understand that you have to remake every single piece of armour and redo all the text...

Having modded text that's not all that hard and especially if one is paid to do it. You also might note that there are several female npcs in the game already that do not require special armor when you hire and outfit them.

And to add on, it should be easier if they just had a check for gender instead of hardcoding it in. And also, a person on the forum already made some program that automatically "females" any of the armors.

wolf88 said:
Sınce they shot or slashed (depending on the time and weapon) women after wars or during raids (let us remember the crusades and native american slaughter for a moment), i dont think an army would hesisate to shoot women at all especially if they were armed. But i dont think women were joining battle in disguise... I mean COME ON! They camp, they talk, they get inspected for discipline, supplies and equipment. This is not lord of the rings wake up. Women might have definately fought in sieges ( defending) or maybe defending their village againist raids or perhaps defending caravans etc. but i dont think women fought officially in army in those times. If there was a single female commander in those times and regions, i think you would definately have a female character creation option. Btw im not saying those to defend fire and sword, i think fire and sword sucks (especially compared to warband) and i dont understand why you want to play it while you have warband.

LOL

Coy said:
wolf88 said:

LOL

Actually, the game is set roughly during the 17th century, if not the 16th.

So... we have a single Swedish cavalry(wo)man, and a Spaniard -- the former would be the only that has any bearing on the question of history in WF&S.

Well if there were ''around'' those times... i think they should add female character creation option. Its not like they have everything perfectly accurate anyways.

nox said:
I've already given the solution to this trivial non-problem.  Why are we still discussing it?

It's still being discussed because more people want to weigh in with their disgust.  I think you would have to agree that the length of this thread suggests it's not a "non-problem" for many. 

So here's another +1:  I will not buy a game with purported "customiseable character creation" that excludes the option of a female character. 

They need to understand that you have to remake every single piece of armour and redo all the text in the game for a feature which lets face it is a bit of a non factor for the amount of effort it takes to add it in.
We (as in me and a few other people) already took care of the armors... we've already addressed starting as female.  We can't fix the dialogues until we have MS code, but as I've pointed out (repeatedly) this is not a major job, time-wise.

That said, none of that is a real cure for the issues.  Modders should not be called upon as magic fixers for something like this; we don't want to work for free to correct flawed products.

In short, please at least read a fair chunk of the thread; practically everything you've said has already been covered, more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom