I want to be a woman.

Currently viewing this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurore

Recruit
Just to say I have reported Archon Sod (no doubt to himself) for comments inapropriate to a supposed forum moderator. When legitimate complaints get closed down and called 'whines' it shows a total lack of respect for his company's customers. WIth the official forum rep demonstrating so little understanding for complaints of women customers, it is hardly unexpected that Taleworlds is viewed as misogynistic. Perhaps its time they found a new moderator or explained to him what customer relations stands for.
 

Kwal

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&S
somerandomname said:
I agree completely. Some people (look two posts above) watch too many childish movies.

Women companions should be completely deleted, or there could be one ugly musculine woman, and you will find out that she is actually not a man only at some point, that could be interesting.

There were pirate women dear sir. Out of the law, remember. There was even a separate punishment for them when caught. I really see no need to get offended/offensive so easily.
 

somerandomname

Sergeant
Hmm not sure where exactly I got offended/offensive, anyway, I have no idea about how your supposed "pirate women" have anything to do with 17th century Eastern Europe. And they should have pretty damn much to do with it since you even mentioned a whole supposed storyline for the supposed "female pirate".  :lol:
 

Gr0vZ

Sergeant
somerandomname said:
Hmm not sure where exactly I got offended/offensive, anyway, I have no idea about how your supposed "pirate women" have anything to do with 17th century Eastern Europe. And they should have pretty damn much to do with it since you even mentioned a whole supposed storyline for the supposed "female pirate".  :lol:

Why, you never heard of Kunegunda, the Swedish pirate captain of the Don river Cossack Pirates, payed by the Poles to capture Crimean Tartars, to exchange them with the Muscovites for Matryoshka dolls? :razz:
She was known for having broader shoulders than most of her crew. :wink:
She had only three weaknesses: Arm wrestling, heavy drinking (which never had good effects, as Scandinavians drink equally to Russians, but their heads are too soft for such a sport; while being drunk, she insisted to be called upon as "Erik") and Ukrainian peasant girls. :grin:
 
Bolkonsky said:
Maybe if you made relevant comments, you'd find yourself in a better position with the staff.
Or read the blurb you get prior to starting a new topic, paying particular attention to the "please use existing topics where possible" part.

Personally I'm still trying to work out the "blatantly sexist" part of "If you don't like it, feel free to go somewhere someone gives a ****"
 

Kwal

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&S
somerandomname said:
Hmm not sure where exactly I got offended/offensive, anyway, I have no idea about how your supposed "pirate women" have anything to do with 17th century Eastern Europe. And they should have pretty damn much to do with it since you even mentioned a whole supposed storyline for the supposed "female pirate".  :lol:

You really have no idea whether or not I watch childish movies. Anyway, I have several books lying around which give facts and accounts and of which I have no desire to search up at this moment, as I'm not in any serious debate. You could try google.

It was easier to be a fighting woman as an outlaw (beter still, if you were a fighting woman you were basically an outlaw). Hence such a storyline would be more probable. I think it'd be sweet if you could play as such and I'm just throwing it out there because of course that would never be implemented.

Edit: and the accounts given are also FUN, as you can see by grovz's example :grin:
 

Chaos Llama

Recruit
M&BWBWF&S
While the lack of a female character option is merely silly* and stupid, the misogyny in this thread is downright disgusting.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.

*lazy
 

Veraxus5

Banned
M&BWBWF&S
You know what I think about this thread?

hahaha_didnt_read1.gif

/thread
 

xZOLTANx

Recruit
This thread makes me believe that gaming shoulda have been left reserved only for men  :roll: .
I don't believe people can actually whine over something this stupid.
 

Vermin

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWB
xZOLTANx said:
This thread makes me believe that gaming shoulda have been left reserved only for men  :roll: .
I don't believe people can actually whine over something this stupid.

This thread makes me believe that gaming should have been left reserved only for ppl with an IQ above 40
but then the thread would have only 5 pages with a handful of people discussing the subject.
Not to mention the sharp decrease in profit for developers(in general) when the rule is enforced.
 

Mr. Jones

Recruit
WBWF&S
Maybe there should be sticky with instructions on how to be a woman.
There's no good argument against being able to play as a woman if a black guy named Mohammed can become the Tsar...I'm pretty sure the boyars would sooner accept a lady.
 

jakobrogert

Recruit
Just registered because I saw the state of this issue in these forums. (And I'm not going to delve into whether or not the game should have a female playable character - that's up to the developer on whether it wants to attract customers who wants to play females or not).
As a game developer (even though I'm only running a very small studio) and game design lecturer, who has been working for a long time trying to make gaming and the game industry more welcoming to female gamers (and thereby bringing in more female developers and potentially doubling the potential player-base - paying customers), it's a bit absurd and embarrassing to see administrators treating the question the way they do: Instead of bashing the sexist jokes, I see examples of where mods/admins tell the people making requests for female playable characters to go somewhere else. And these mods/admins, I interpret as representatives of the studio on these forums.
I understand that this issue like all others, can be the subject of double-posting and other disturbing, attention-grabbing, forumite methods, but this just seems a**-backwards in terms of how to treat your customers.

Jakob B Rogert
 

wolf88

Sergeant at Arms
WB
jakobrogert said:
Just registered because I saw the state of this issue in these forums. (And I'm not going to delve into whether or not the game should have a female playable character - that's up to the developer on whether it wants to attract customers who wants to play females or not).
As a game developer (even though I'm only running a very small studio) and game design lecturer, who has been working for a long time trying to make gaming and the game industry more welcoming to female gamers (and thereby bringing in more female developers and potentially doubling the potential player-base - paying customers), it's a bit absurd and embarrassing to see administrators treating the question the way they do: Instead of bashing the sexist jokes, I see examples of where mods/admins tell the people making requests for female playable characters to go somewhere else. And these mods/admins, I interpret as representatives of the studio on these forums.
I understand that this issue like all others, can be the subject of double-posting and other disturbing, attention-grabbing, forumite methods, but this just seems a**-backwards in terms of how to treat your customers.

Jakob B Rogert

Why did you have to lie about the ''doubling'' part?
 

nox

Sergeant at Arms
WBM&BWF&SVC
jakobrogert said:
Just registered because I saw the state of this issue in these forums. (And I'm not going to delve into whether or not the game should have a female playable character - that's up to the developer on whether it wants to attract customers who wants to play females or not).
As a game developer (even though I'm only running a very small studio) and game design lecturer, who has been working for a long time trying to make gaming and the game industry more welcoming to female gamers (and thereby bringing in more female developers and potentially doubling the potential player-base - paying customers), it's a bit absurd and embarrassing to see administrators treating the question the way they do: Instead of bashing the sexist jokes, I see examples of where mods/admins tell the people making requests for female playable characters to go somewhere else. And these mods/admins, I interpret as representatives of the studio on these forums.
I understand that this issue like all others, can be the subject of double-posting and other disturbing, attention-grabbing, forumite methods, but this just seems a**-backwards in terms of how to treat your customers.

Jakob B Rogert

Adding female characters doubles the receptive audience?  I would say you need to start over again on that.  Your argument is at best specious. 

Making mount and blade accessible and attractive to females has less than nothing to do with being able to create female characters.  You've demonstrated that you don't know any more than the people you are making the accusations of, however.

 

wolf88

Sergeant at Arms
WB
If they make a fantasy expansion for warband with elves, wings, gnomes and other sht. Then they may double their female audiance.
 

Vermin

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWB
wolf88 said:
If they make a fantasy expansion for warband with elves, wings, gnomes and other sht. Then they may double their female audiance.

Whether fantasy is good or not is a personal opinion.
It has very little to do with gender, I have yet to see the first girl in League of Legends while I know about a dozen of them in WB.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom