I want to be a woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having the possibility of a female character is like a slap into the face? Well, there are games where
you can only play as a female, like Mirror's Edge.

And now you might say that Mirror's Edge and M&B are totally different. Well, they are not. Mirror's Edge has as
much roleplaying content as M&B games have. There's no proper relationships between characters in M&B, there's
no real arguments, there's no real conversations. It's more like a strategy game combined with FPS battles.

Why the conversations and arguments are not "real"? Because they are nothing more than "You not allied with me.
I now angry, and there's nothing you can do about it" or "Nice poem. I now love you. Come back later to get married".
At least I never got the feeling that I'm a veteran warrior defending my kingdom by fighting against evil Khergits. No,
I was a character who killed mounted enemies to get points. Why? Because there is no roleplaying in the game.

My conclusion: the gender of my character doesn't matter.

EDIT: NO, I'M NOT AGAINST FEMALE CHARACTERS! If they are added into the game, that's great. Just saying that
some people seem to be overreacting.

Yozaro said:
Not having the possibility of a female character is like a slap into the face? Well, there are games where
you can only play as a female, like Mirror's Edge.

And now you might say that Mirror's Edge and M&B are totally different. Well, they are not. Mirror's Edge has as
much roleplaying content as M&B games have. There's no proper relationships between characters in M&B, there's
no real arguments, there's no real conversations. It's more like a strategy game combined with FPS battles.

Why the conversations and arguments are not "real"? Because they are nothing more than "You not allied with me.
I now angry, and there's nothing you can do about it" or "Nice poem. I now love you. Come back later to get married".
At least I never got the feeling that I'm a veteran warrior defending my kingdom by fighting against evil Khergits. No,
I was a character who killed mounted enemies to get points. Why? Because there is no roleplaying in the game.

My conclusion: the gender of my character doesn't matter.

This is why i love mount and blade warband. Roleplaying isnt a huge deal in this game and important thing is realisic combat and amazing field battles. You think khergits are evil but swadians and nords are way worse. Using khergits is a lot of fun because they are all mounted and they all use fast horses. For those who might say khergits die easy when game is not on easy settings;

In your face! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyGjBZKn7qo

I actually have a better looking video for khergits but i didnt upload it because although it had better looking and fun battle, i lost way more on that one.

Back to the topic. Taleworlds, fire and sword sucks and you must know it because you guys made the most amazing game of all time (atleast for a lot of people) Mount and Blade Warband. You should appreciate that people even play fire and sword and give them what they damn want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelena_Zrinska

A real historical female figure who lead men into battle and defended a castle around the timeframe F&S is set... 

Also,  more read: http://www.archive.org/stream/femalewarriorsme01clayiala#page/164/mode/2up (this chapter is about woman warriors from the late renaissance).

angrytigerp said:
Coy said:
wolf88 said:
Sınce they shot or slashed (depending on the time and weapon) women after wars or during raids (let us remember the crusades and native american slaughter for a moment), i dont think an army would hesisate to shoot women at all especially if they were armed. But i dont think women were joining battle in disguise... I mean COME ON! They camp, they talk, they get inspected for discipline, supplies and equipment. This is not lord of the rings wake up. Women might have definately fought in sieges ( defending) or maybe defending their village againist raids or perhaps defending caravans etc. but i dont think women fought officially in army in those times. If there was a single female commander in those times and regions, i think you would definately have a female character creation option. Btw im not saying those to defend fire and sword, i think fire and sword sucks (especially compared to warband) and i dont understand why you want to play it while you have warband.

LOL

Actually, the game is set roughly during the 17th century, if not the 16th.

So... we have a single Swedish cavalry(wo)man, and a Spaniard -- the former would be the only that has any bearing on the question of history in WF&S.

+Hundreds of thousands of men. By the way, Catalina de Erauso looked... ugh... no wonder she passed for a guy. Was that a common trait of all warrior women?
Anyway, Brita Olofsdotter fought in the Livonian War ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livonian_War]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livonian_War
), much earlier than the events of the game. The Deluge (actually, it's called "Deluge" only in Poland and Lithuania, as it was the Commonwealth who was attacked simultainously by three invaders, the invading nations have other names for the wars each fought against Poland-Lithuania), is considered a branch of the Thirty Years War, as it has lots of "religious" motives, apart from the political reasons. For example, Sweden lead an opportunistic attack against Poland, while most armies fought in the east, to secure Baltic ports like Gdansk and force the Polish Royalty to abandon the hereditary claim to the Swedish Throne. At the same time, it was considered a war of "Protestants versus Catholics" (religious violence had a large part in the aftermath), and even if most Swedes claim to be atheists today, back then, they were one of the most radical, intolerant religious zealots Europe has seen. Therefore, I guess it was harder for women to go by in the Swedish army by that time, because... well, they liked to burn witches in the afternoons. Also, the Kingdom of Sweden and the Kingdom of Poland-Grand Duchy of Lithuania were allies during the Livonian War. so Brita didn't see action against the "Laesir".

Gr0vZ said:
By the way, Catalina de Erauso looked... ugh... no wonder she passed for a guy. Was that a common trait of all warrior women?
OMG why did you wrote that, I had to go to wikipedia and look for her picture and now I would not be able to sleep for a week and on the other week I would wake up in the night and cry and scream in horror and pain.  :shock:

Yeah, this is this sexy babe. And, I'd like to point that, this your only "woman warrior" from 17th century, not to mention she has nothing to do with Eastern Europe whatsoever. The "sexism" wins once again, who would see that coming?

Catalina_de_Erauso.png

somerandomname said:
Gr0vZ said:
By the way, Catalina de Erauso looked... ugh... no wonder she passed for a guy. Was that a common trait of all warrior women?
OMG why did you wrote that, I had to go to wikipedia and look for her picture and now I would not be able to sleep for a week and on the other week I would wake up in the night and cry and scream in horror and pain.  :shock:

Yeah, this is this sexy babe. And, I'd like to point that, this your only "woman warrior" from 17th century, not to mention she has nothing to do with Eastern Europe whatsoever. The "sexism" wins once again, who would see that coming?

Catalina_de_Erauso.png

Ahhh my eyes... Damnit man

POM_Achilles said:
Gr0vZ

what is your little animated gif from? It looks intriguing.
It's from The Deluge (2nd book of Trilogy)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Deluge_%28film%29

In this scene Kmicic is leading Jan Kazimir back to Poland and in the mountains they encounter a Swedish patrol. Kmicic rides up to the officer leading that patrol and shoots him.

wolf88 said:
somerandomname said:
Gr0vZ said:

Catalina_de_Erauso.png

Ahhh my eyes... Damnit man

Woah wait.. that's a chick?

Ceriy said:
POM_Achilles said:
Gr0vZ

what is your little animated gif from? It looks intriguing.
It's from The Deluge (2nd book of Trilogy)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Deluge_%28film%29

In this scene Kmicic is leading Jan Kazimir back to Poland and in the mountains they encounter a Swedish patrol. Kmicic rides up to the officer leading that patrol and shoots him.

In da face, baby. With a smile.
Exactly as above.

Eh?

The historical accuracy argument is still around?

...really?

Didin't I post mentioning at least three by name before?

And that link Xeno had with a bunch from the 17th century backwards. Where did that link go?

But aside from that, the fact that there were women cited as participating and even one or two leading kinda points that, while uncommon, it still happened.

Statistics aside, if it happened then it happened.

Not to mention as another put it, if you're playing this an anything other than a recognized noble you'll get lynched for most of your actions during this time any ways.

Dunedin said:
Eh?

...really?

Didin't I post mentioning at least three by name before?

And that link Xeno had with a bunch from the 17th century backwards. Where did that link go?

But aside from that, the fact that there were women cited as participating and even one or two leading kinda points that, while uncommon, it still happened.

Not to mention as another put it, if you're playing this an anything other than a recognized noble you'll get lynched for most of your actions during this time any ways.

I'm actually surprised more people haven't just said "Yes, there weren't a lot of female soldier/leaders... I could be one of those few". Instead, they get embroiled in a side debate of proving whether or not there were actually women in armies back then, etc. etc.

Dunedin said:
Eh?

...really?

Yup.

A few droplets of water are, if not invisible, totally irrelevant to the flow of the river of history. Sure, they're there somewhere, but they're not going to change anything.
"All" those women, counted on the fingers of one hand, may have fought, but that wasn't pivotal to any course of events. And neither did the aftermath their absolute minimal participation in wars change the way women were perceived back then.

I think this game is innacurate because you can actually hire a ''hot'' woman from the tavern and not the ''tremendously ugly even when considered as a man'' woman. I think this is the part that should be fixed. I wonder if all those girls here consider those women warriors as feminine as themselves. I ''doubt'' that they were making their hair, wearing nice clothes, eating healthy and clean, not swearing and acting like a lady, saying ''ooooh i cant kill an another human being'' when they face their enemies, saying ''oooh horse are so pretty why are we killing them'', saying ''why arent those corpses giving any jewelry loot? i can wear them and look pretty while horses leave hoofprints on my dead body'', saying ''ohh i smell filthy, if i dont have bath in few days i will medicide'', saying ''everyone is fighting and no one is giving attention to me!'' and so on and on. Those fantasy movies and games really mess people up.

I agree completely. Some people (look two posts above) watch too many childish movies.

Women companions should be completely deleted, or there could be one ugly musculine woman, and you will find out that she is actually not a man only at some point, that could be interesting.

somerandomname said:
I agree completely. Some people (look two posts above) watch too many childish movies.

Women companions should be completely deleted, or there could be one ugly musculine woman, and you will find out that she is actually not a man only at some point, that could be interesting.
Oh +1. Sounds hilarious :')

But how will I be a pimp with the feather hat if there are no ladies? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom