I think TW is doing good

Users who are viewing this thread

I think they can do better.
agree...im thinking of taking my private jet from NY down there to straighten em out and also get em to sign an contract i got from my lobster friends...but first we should get dunk on dom perignon so we forget about reading glasses being able to read the small text on the paper..mohaha...-damn it Pierre call my lawyers we need an diversion right now!

Last edited:
What is your definition of 'Updating'?
Bug & crash fixes are not in mine.
Yea, a lot of people think that many updates mean something. But most of the updates we get are "just" bug/crash fixes. I want content though...

Also each new hotfix introduced new bugs and not all bugs they claimed to be fixed are fixed...

I agree, maybe they are doing much longer than someone thought, but they are doing good. There are thing that i dont specificaly dont like, but that doesnt mean, that our goal is not getting closer.

I think the best way of looking at this is to list every notable change they've made in the last 6 months since release.
  • Improved faction and economic balance. It's still not quite right yet, but it's improved.
  • Fixed 10/18 perk trees.
  • Improved troop balance a bit.
  • Added a handful of new faction armors.
  • Added new noble NPCs.
  • Added some wanderers.
  • Added a handful of new quests.
  • Minor UI improvements.
  • Minor performance improvements.
  • Crash and bugfixes.

I think the best way of looking at this is to list every notable change they've made in the last 6 months since release.
  • Improved faction and economic balance. It's still not quite right yet, but it's improved.
  • Added new noble NPCs.
  • Added some wanderers.
  • Minor UI improvements.
  • Crash and bugfixes.

I would say the performance improvements were quite major. Still, that's not impressive for 6 months of work, is it?
It's a bit disheartening as with this pace of work I would wildly guess we will have either two more years in EA or a release that's far from what TW committed to and the community expects. While I have a great appreciation for modders I hope it won't be on their shoulders to make this game into what we all expect.

How is TW doing good?
The only thing they've done "good" is make the game more playable with performance fixes/crash fixes, but not a single piece of new content has been added to the game (except "Cheer" feature, what an insult to the playerbase..), and there's no indication that they're interested in working on the crucial core features a M&B game needs in order to be enjoyable, in fact we've been told we're not going to see most of the core features from Warband straight up.

How is TW doing good?
The only thing they've done "good" is make the game more playable with performance fixes/crash fixes, but not a single piece of new content has been added to the game (except "Cheer" feature, what an insult to the playerbase..), and there's no indication that they're interested in working on the crucial core features a M&B game needs in order to be enjoyable, in fact we've been told we're not going to see most of the core features from Warband straight up.
Where please all they said is they dont know how many of these features are going to be accepted

• Added new noble NPCs.
  • Added some wanderers.
  • Minor UI improvements.
  • Crash and bugfixes.

- Faction balance is still completely bonkers, the Khuzaits and Vlandians are still dominating everyone and Sturgia is still getting completely curbstomped.
- The perks trees are all virtually still broken, the only one that seems to be fully working according to bannerlordperks.com is the Athlethics tree, all others are at most ~80% or somewhere around ~20-30% fixed, with 5 perk trees still at 0% completion.
- Troop balance I don't agree is good, although I haven't played in months so I can't speak for that conclusively.
- Agree with armor additions being a good thing, although 1) There's so much more important stuff to work with and 2) The new armours released are of much much lower quality than some things already in-game.
- Adding new noble NPC's is literally modder-tier work that takes 3 minutes.
- New wanderers, same as above, and quite a worthless addition in my opinion. The companion/wanderer system is un-fun, uninteresting, and quite worthless frankly.
- Most quests are broken and not worth wasting your time doing
- UI improvements, I agree here.
- Performance improvements have also been good
- Crash and bugfixes have also been good.

TLDR: I agree with the technical updates being good, i.e performance/crash fixes etc. . But I don't think they've worked on/added anything meaningful in terms of content. And that's a big, big issue.

1: Faction balance is still completely bonkers, the Khuzaits and Vlandians are still dominating everyone and Sturgia is still getting completely curbstomped.
2: The perks trees are all virtually still broken, the only one that seems to be fully working according to bannerlordperks.com is the Athlethics tree, all others are at most ~80% or somewhere around ~20-30% fixed, with 5 perk trees still at 0% completion.
3: I agree with the technical updates being good, i.e performance/crash fixes etc. . But I don't think they've worked on/added anything meaningful in terms of content. And that's a big, big issue.
1: Faction balance still has significant issues, but it's almost where it needs to be. When (or if :shock:) we get civil war mechanics, faction balance isn't going to be too important anyway, as any overpowered faction should be disintegrating into smaller empires.
2: I was counting ones around 80% complete as "fixed", and counting ones around 20% complete as "broken". Rounding off that way for the purposes of simplicity, the total amount of perks in the game is about 60% done.
3: Agreed.

Ppl already bought the game, they got the money. Nothing motivating them to actually make a good game. They will ''finish'' the game in 5 years and it will still be mediocre.

Its been 6 months and they didn't even fix all the perks, I mean what are we talking about here? Its either they don't care or they are very bad at developing a game.
Ok simple explanation here give or take. When you know you are gonna change something but said thing isnt activated or doesnt work you usually do not want to activate it as that will cause more problems in future development and can lead to when overhauled there will be first more bugged perks the skill itself could break and could break other skill trees if you want them activated it isnt to hard its more or less when youbwill change it will make it harder and it will cause more problems then good.

Back
Top Bottom