"I have gotten to 1100 successfully on my first attempt with only minor snowball"

Users who are viewing this thread

There is no snowballing in my game I started in v1.02, ~400 days in. Sturgia seemed to overtake the map at some point but are now beaten back (ok, I might have played a part in this).

There is no snowballing in my game I started in v1.02, ~400 days in. Sturgia seemed to overtake the map at some point but are now beaten back (ok, I might have played a part in this).

Good to know. I have made it a point to do nothing in this playthrough and just wait in towns, just to see what happened.

Summer 1091, Not terrible, now Northern Empire is on the ropes, but it seems to be a common occurrence that a faction gets beaten back to a few cities before reclaiming territory. Vlandia has been pretty good throughout this entire game, I can see that Vlandia is a powerful faction. Khuzaits are still in the east but I am quite worried about them.

Bannerlord-Mod-Test6.jpg

At 1100 the game will end or you can still play?

At that time, the person who posted that picture at 1100 seemed to have a very balanced map, and of course yes you can still play. The point of this is to stop the bug where one faction starts gaining more and more power until they take over the entire map, and after they do that, they always come straight for your character no matter what, eventually. Even if you are a peaceful trader, it will basically end your game. If we can stop this from happening, the game will continue for so long you should have an infinite playthrough.

At that time, the person who posted that picture at 1100 seemed to have a very balanced map, and of course yes you can still play. The point of this is to stop the bug where one faction starts gaining more and more power until they take over the entire map, and after they do that, they always come straight for your character no matter what, eventually. Even if you are a peaceful trader, it will basically end your game. If we can stop this from happening, the game will continue for so long you should have an infinite playthrough.
Thank you so much for your response! Have a good day

I think containing the snowballing should also be done while taking good care, as I don't want to fight over a fief over and over and over. From a certain point, I want it to be solidly in my domain so to speak. Just saying @TW.... tread carefully ^^

I think containing the snowballing should also be done while taking good care, as I don't want to fight over a fief over and over and over. From a certain point, I want it to be solidly in my domain so to speak. Just saying @TW.... tread carefully ^^

From how I understand it, the mod works by increasing the chance that a Peace will be declared while two factions are at War. So in a way, this is a mod that limits the length of time factions spend at war as well as how many territories they will capture before giving "a breather". Though it should still be said that in some cases you may not like this. Say you were a member of a faction and besieging a castle, they may declare peace and you will have to stop, wasting your time. Still, I think it's a good step because obviously there was just too much aggression in the vanilla game.

Summer 1092. I am appreciating that every year that goes by there isn't anything drastic happening. Looming threats perhaps? Khuzait are kind of scary just from reputation, and Vlandia seems very aggressive from the beginning, Battania seem to have stopped expanding years ago and are happy to hold what they have. Very pleased so far! I'd like to run this until 1100 or after but will post updates later. Thanks for spreading awareness! Take note TW! :smile:

Bannerlord-Mod-Test7.jpg

Summer 1092. I am appreciating that every year that goes by there isn't anything drastic happening. Looming threats perhaps? Khuzait are kind of scary just from reputation, and Vlandia seems very aggressive from the beginning, Battania seem to have stopped expanding years ago and are happy to hold what they have. Very pleased so far! I'd like to run this until 1100 or after but will post updates later. Thanks for spreading awareness! Take note TW! :smile:

Bannerlord-Mod-Test7.jpg
What values are you using?

I've also just tested this mod alongside a few others on a new game & it has massively reduced the snowballing issue.

Other mods I'm using are :
EcfqD.jpg

This is what the map looks like as of year 1090.

2F7vy.jpg

Nice thanks a lot for the feedback about this mod! I will wait and see if the upcoming patch 1.1.0 will fix the snowballing effect on its own, if not I'll give this mod a try for sure.

I've also just tested this mod alongside a few others on a new game & it has massively reduced the snowballing issue.

Other mods I'm using are :
EcfqD.jpg

This is what the map looks like as of year 1090.

2F7vy.jpg
I'm glad that it's producing consistent results. Thank the mod gods!

I'm using the mod and it works very well so far. Lots of peace declarations all around.

Unfortunately war is still declared about a day after the peace; but at least there's a tiny bit of breathing room.

Back
Top Bottom