"I have gotten to 1100 successfully on my first attempt with only minor snowball"

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmmm this is what the page looks like when I go into Diplomacy & if I select one of the kingdoms it takes me to that page that I posted before.

Yxdw-.jpg
No need to right click kingdoms, just left click as if you want to see the kingdoms screen and it should show you it

On my test playthrough I have not joined a kingdom, I have literally stayed in one spot and just let the timer run.
But can you not see the diplomacy of other kingdoms and their armies still?

Good to know. I have made it a point to do nothing in this playthrough and just wait in towns, just to see what happened.

Summer 1091, Not terrible, now Northern Empire is on the ropes, but it seems to be a common occurrence that a faction gets beaten back to a few cities before reclaiming territory. Vlandia has been pretty good throughout this entire game, I can see that Vlandia is a powerful faction. Khuzaits are still in the east but I am quite worried about them.

Bannerlord-Mod-Test6.jpg
Just see some strange cities being taken over very far into enemy territory.
In this example Vlandi going to the centre of the empire and take cities over there.
In previous screesnhots, other kingdoms did similar things

Just see some strange cities being taken over very far into enemy territory.
In this example Vlandi going to the centre of the empire and take cities over there.
In previous screesnhots, other kingdoms did similar things

Yes, Vlandia was hyperaggressive from day 1, they took over a bunch of cities at the beginning, but eventually those cities got reclaimed. There is the odd capture far into territory, it may be because so many declarations of war/peace are happening between the different countries, it becomes difficult to maintain an even, proportionately segmented map. Would be nice if the NPCs weren't so aggressive, whatever happened to just staying in your territory and maintaining law and order? It's as if every few days a war is beginning. It's hyperactive and that's one thing the mod does to help the snowballing, because it forces peace very often.

I don't think it prevents escape entirely, it just makes it harder, because the default value is very easy I think I read. Paradoxically you would think that preventing lords' escaping would make the snowball worse, because a warring faction can just keep lords prisoner as they gain steam, and that may be the case, if I make it into late game and the snowball still happens, I may try again without that mod installed.
If it only makes it harder I guess it's okay,most of the time my noble prisoners escape even if I go straight to sell them after a battle,it's kind of ridiculous.

As for the test you're conducting we'll have to see if introducing a player into one of the facctions disrupts the balance the mod creates but so far looks much better than what we have right now in native. Thanks for the test.

I am at year 1092 and there is my created faction with 12 towns battania with 20 something towns khuzaites have 17 towns and aserai have 1 town northern empire had 1 town almost entire playthrough, but with recent patches started taking territory back. I am rooting for you Lucion show me miraclulous come backs can happen now. lol

I installed the mod but after the new patch the game just dies, is it only for me?

Same thing happened to me, died before the opening cinematic

EDIT : unblocking the .dll files by right clicking and going to properties fixed it

Last edited:
I mean, it's great that this has prevented snowballing - but I'd prefer there was a way other than artificially making AIs sue for peace every few days.

Hmmm this is what the page looks like when I go into Diplomacy & if I select one of the kingdoms it takes me to that page that I posted before.

Yxdw-.jpg

Dear Sir, you need to be part of a kingdom, either mercenary or vassal to go to the kingdom tabs (shortcut key is "K"), this is found in the lower left corner (next to you clan tab). Currently your kingdom tab is greyed out, most likely because you are currently a nobody in game.

What do you mean by unblocking? I don't have them blocked so i can't unblock them

My computer automatically blocked them, some nonsense about them being from an unrecognized source.

but if you aren't getting crash right on start up thats probably not your issue.

Thanks for looking into this DEM1L1CH and other people posting here.

I did a few simulations on unmodded base patch 1.05 and the CWA mod version 0.1.0a.
Modded patch 1.05 here: LINK
CWA version 0.1.0a here: LINK

I also tried a simulation of with the new version of CWA, version 0.2.1 with the default parameter values.
However, i was unfortunately not able to replicate the results you were getting.
I made a single simulation and the result was slightly better than running the game without CWA, but it did not make a huge difference:

Map after 5 years (CWA default values)
4J6cWvG.jpg

Map after 10 years (CWA default values)
dREWXah.jpg

Notice that after 10 years Northern Empire is wiped, while Sturgia and Southern Empire are almost wiped. Its almost the same as in unmodded game, although more time passes before factions are wiped / almost wiped.
If a very dynamic map if what you are looking for, then it seems both unmodded patch 1.05 and CWA are good choices currently.
However if you prefer a more stable map for 10+ ingame years then that still seems hard to achieve, although the OP does indeed show it. Were any other mods used?

I tried to tinker a bit with the parameter values in CWA version 0.2.1, to give a higher chance of peace between factions. It did create a more stable map for a longer time. The downside was, that wars were often very short, which may be immersion breaking and not as fun. Also the map is less dynamic.

Map after 5 years (CWA modified values)
ZOrRMGV.jpg

Map after 10 years (CWA modified values)
4dA75Xc.jpg

The modified parameter values used were:
RaidImpact = 0.05
SiegeImpact = 0.35
CasualtyImpact = 300
DailyCheckChance = 0.75
AttritionNecessary = 0.45
SuperiorMultiplier = 1.5
InferiorMultiplier = 0.75

Ind the end it is probably an individual preference which is better - a more dynamic map, or a more stable map.
Really interesting read.
I think sieges are over way too soon and should take days on end. If sieges would be way harder and have a big impact on finance and moral, the kingdoms would be slower in taking over and giving each other more time to rebuilt if required.
The war could continue, but they would retreat to lick their wounds, while continue to protect the border.

Wars should also be waged more around the border as a separated city should struggle to survive.

But all these items are quite hard to accomplish I would think.

Back
Top Bottom