I got roguery to 150 and tried to do the great bandit horde so you don't have to (1.5.4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone know if they improved how the roguery skill improves? Does it go up from having bandits in your party or recruiting bandits now? Or is it still just poisoner selling and raiding?

Does anyone know if they improved how the roguery skill improves? Does it go up from having bandits in your party or recruiting bandits now? Or is it still just poisoner selling and raiding?
Here is what is in the game's code.

Selling prisoners: 6 raw xp per prisoner regardless of their value.
Raiding villages: 4 raw xp per ingame hour.
Paying bribes: 0.1 raw xp per denar.
Being captured: 0.5 raw xp per ingame hour, given upon release/escape.
Successfully sneaking into a town: random number between 10 and 25 raw xp.
Fail sneaking into a town: random number between 1 and 10 raw xp.
Get tortured: random number between 50 and 100 raw xp.

The fail sneaking in to town needs an minigame :smile: just saying but im pretty sure its on the table

Reviving this thread because the skill still doesn't work in 1.5.5. C'mon, guys. If a fan can fix this with a mod in a morning, so can you (or maybe I'm giving Marek15 less credit than he deserves, but the point stands TW should fix this)

Regarding concerns this is op. It isn't. As speculated above, there's cumulative penalties that keeps the perk in check. Summarizing:
- Best way to recruit bandits?
By directly adding them to your party when they surrender. A strong initial party and the Scarface perk makes this easier, so we can sometimes add 20 units+ at once.
- How fast does the penalties mount up?
We quickly get too big to chase extra bandits. At clan level 5, with 180's troop size limit, I could barely recruit any more troops after 250 troop size. Desert and steppe bandits are impossible to get with even 180 party size. I had every single perk that increases speed, except the 200 athletics and the 275 scout one. Character culture is sturgia, so no extra speed from cavalry or forests, unfortunately...
- Getting extra horses doesn't fix this problem?
Not really. It increases speed a little, but looters die easily and you will get herding penalties after battles, making it even harder to replenish. Maybe getting the best surgeon in Calradia helps. Mine had 130s medicine skill, so it was far from the best.
- But can't you just throw them in a garrison and retrieve them later?
No. Although they removed the disciplinarian perk in 1.5.5., I just tested and bandits still get converted to regular troops in the garrison, so leaving them there will make them regular troops that are not affected by thieves' honor

Best I could get were 369 troops in my party, after recruiting prisoners for a while. Party speed was 3.01. Captured a nearby castle and 20%ish died. The average army size at this stage of the game, about day 1400, was 1500 troops.
I suppose we can get an obnoxious party size of 2000+ troops eventually, by stacking the dungeon with that amount of prisoners and slowly recruiting them yo tour party while waiting. Perks that increase prisoner size might help and there's a new leadership perk that increases the rate of recruiting prisoners. Still, this would take too long, so I'd say it's quite balanced and adds some extra fun layers to gameplay. It'd be nice if it was fixed.

Don't know how it's implemented in Bannerlord but IIRC in Warband recruited prisoners had a pretty high chance of leaving your army. I guess that's what the perk is about. Maybe they should change the description.

Reviving this thread because the skill still doesn't work in 1.5.5. C'mon, guys. If a fan can fix this with a mod in a morning, so can you (or maybe I'm giving Marek15 less credit than he deserves, but the point stands TW should fix this)

Regarding concerns this is op. It isn't. As speculated above, there's cumulative penalties that keeps the perk in check. Summarizing:
- Best way to recruit bandits?
By directly adding them to your party when they surrender. A strong initial party and the Scarface perk makes this easier, so we can sometimes add 20 units+ at once.
- How fast does the penalties mount up?
We quickly get too big to chase extra bandits. At clan level 5, with 180's troop size limit, I could barely recruit any more troops after 250 troop size. Desert and steppe bandits are impossible to get with even 180 party size. I had every single perk that increases speed, except the 200 athletics and the 275 scout one. Character culture is sturgia, so no extra speed from cavalry or forests, unfortunately...
- Getting extra horses doesn't fix this problem?
Not really. It increases speed a little, but looters die easily and you will get herding penalties after battles, making it even harder to replenish. Maybe getting the best surgeon in Calradia helps. Mine had 130s medicine skill, so it was far from the best.
- But can't you just throw them in a garrison and retrieve them later?
No. Although they removed the disciplinarian perk in 1.5.5., I just tested and bandits still get converted to regular troops in the garrison, so leaving them there will make them regular troops that are not affected by thieves' honor

Best I could get were 369 troops in my party, after recruiting prisoners for a while. Party speed was 3.01. Captured a nearby castle and 20%ish died. The average army size at this stage of the game, about day 1400, was 1500 troops.
I suppose we can get an obnoxious party size of 2000+ troops eventually, by stacking the dungeon with that amount of prisoners and slowly recruiting them yo tour party while waiting. Perks that increase prisoner size might help and there's a new leadership perk that increases the rate of recruiting prisoners. Still, this would take too long, so I'd say it's quite balanced and adds some extra fun layers to gameplay. It'd be nice if it was fixed.

I see, it's good that it's balanced. Hope they implement it then, and also I hope they remove the ability of bandits to promote to regular troops entirely.. Will wait to play 1.5.6 then

Yeah it's really hard to make units disband other then over limit party so I think that perk is about an un implemented mechanic, like maybe bandit troops have a % to disband without it. Or it's another case of the fake perks that will sit there looking pretty for 6 month and be replaced by something else that does effect the game.

Only things that are less effort can be cheese. The default way of playing (recruit troops and ram them into enemies, repeat) is the cheesiest way to play the game. Anything that you spend more time on to prepare then that isn't chees. It could be an exploit but many exploits are much harder to do then standard game play.
WHaaat kind of cheese are you making man? running around and recruiting troops?... no no... Thats not how you do it. Your way to important to personally run around and recruit troops, that's what you have your family members for... now that they even spawn with 30 soldiers ripe for plucking you can easily get them to replenish you aaaany time you need. Riding around village to village is a thing way of the past.

And once your done with them kick them off, let them run home and replenish a brand new army for you again and again. Automating your recruiting needs. That's a cheese worth making.

With the +1 Party Perk now in play, you can have one extra family member leading a party and fulfill your demands. And if you need to fight something tough you call upon them at anytime 0 influence spent. Perfection.

Your family members even pay you Excess gold they make for selling prisoners.... aah the benefits of family.

Back
Top Bottom